ive got ot have a camera down my throat :(

foxyroxie

Reaction score
about a month and a half ago i had really really bad indegestion to the point where i nearly fainted and was about 2 seconds away from calling a ambulance they have done a ultrasound scan to see if they can see anything but nope nothing so now they have to see if theres something wrong with my stomach!!

Im so scared has anyone had this done before?? im scared but im happy its going to be sorted! its not till the 17th on december so got wuite a while but going to keep ringing to see if they have had any cancelations want it done and out the way asap!

I haven't had a camera down my throat before but i had one put up my nose and down my throat...is that the same thing they are doing to you?

For me it was fairly painful not the camera going up and down surprisingly but when i was asked to swallow and the muscle contract around the camera tube thing thats the bit that hurts. But as soon as it is over the pain is gone!

Good luck hun i hope you get it sorted and don't be worried it isn't that bad. :)

I have had an endoscopy before which pretty much sounds like the same thing that you are having. It was no biggie at all. They put me under with anesthetic and then I woke up about 30 minutes later. I didn't feel a think and wasn't sore or anything. Good luck! You'll fine.

I work in Endoscopy (when I'm not off having babies!) and can tell that it won't be that bad! The whole thing takes no longer than 10 minutes. They can offer you some sedation, which means that you will be snoozy and won't remember anything afterwards. Or they can offer you a throat spray, which numbs the throat. That option can make you cough a bit during the procedure, but you won't feel groggy afterwards. personally, I would have the spray, but everyone is different!
Good luck hun, let us know how it goes! x x

My sister had one put down her throat a few weeks ago...she was the same as you...she was really nervous and really panicked on the day...it wasn't the best experience but she did say she was glad it was all over when it was...so think of it like that hun...she did say that at the end of it all she vomited on herself whilst laying down...(sorry if im making you feel worse) but again was glad it was all over..

Goodluck hun xx

My husband has the camera down his nose thing to check his bocal cords a few days ago, and he was fighting it as he said it was really painful. He wasnt offered sedation or anything though...so if it is on offer, id probably take it xx

Don't worry too much about it. :) I had an upper endoscopy and I was fine even though they didn't put me 'under' all the way. You'll either sleep through the whole thing or, like me, just feel a bit out of it through the whole thing.

I remember burping a lot. Hehe.

it was awfull..wasnt painfull or anything just strange it turns out ive got a hyuntis hernia i think its called not to sure on the spelling so got to sort out my weight that should help calm it and ive got to much acid so on tablets for so hope the pain eases of permantly it has for the last week or so over xmas i stayed in bed pretty much all day! thanks ladies

it was awfull..wasnt painfull or anything just strange it turns out ive got a hyuntis hernia i think its called not to sure on the spelling so got to sort out my weight that should help calm it and ive got to much acid so on tablets for so hope the pain eases of permantly it has for the last week or so over xmas i stayed in bed pretty much all day! thanks ladies

hiya did u have alot of burning with your hiatus hernia and acid im getting burning no and again and im waiting for a gallbladder scan when they send me a letter XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->