I've got questions...You've got answers!

Hey_Beautiful

TTC #2
Reaction score
DH and I BD every day last week (beginning at CD8) from Sunday to Sunday (except Tuesday...why: I don't know :shrug: ). Anywhoooo, I used CBE digital OPKs and i got a smiley face Thursday evening at 6PM, Friday evening at 6PM and Saturday morning at 9AM. The smiley face was gone by 6PM Saturday. ...(again, we were [still] BDing until Sunday - the next day). After a week of BD'ing DH is worn out so he did not want to BD last night (Monday) - which made me mad :growlmad:....Grrrr! Anywhoooooo, my question is:
1) when do/did I Ovulate being as though I saw the smiley face more than one day?
2) can I BD tonight (Tuesday) or is it too late?
3) What is considered my 1DPO?
4) Am I in the 2ww?

Baby Dust to all!!!
:dust:

Hello,

I haven't used OPKs yet so hope so my info may be off a bit but from what I've read they test for a LH surge which is a spike in the hormone that causes the egg to release. This happens around 30 - 36 hours before you ovulate which is why you got positive OPKs on more than 1 day.

1. My guess is you O'd early on Saturday which is why the OPK was negitive by the evening.

2. If you O'd on Saturday it would be too late. The egg only lasts 12 - 24 hours. Luckily sperm lastss 2-3 days which is why the recommend BD as often as possible before you O so the little swimmers are ready and waiting for the egg when it gets there. Thats also why OPK's say you're in your fertile period because BD in the 36 hours before O is most likely to catch the egg'

3. 1 day post ovulation would be Sunday.

4. Yes you are :) Lots of baby dust to you. Hope that this is your month.

The only way to know when you ovulated is to temp. OPK is only going to tell your body is signaling for the release of the egg. That is usually within 24-36 hrs of your first positive but everyone is a bit different too. You may have a long surge.

You Absolutly can bd tonight-but sounds like for fun only at this point-if dh is revived! If you were to catch an egg this cycle it sounds like you did a good job but you are definitely in the TWW now.

As far as your dpo it's really only a guess at this point. If your cycles are regular and you know when to expect af based on your cd1, I would just go by that. If you go to next month, try out bbt. That will tell you exactly when you ov.

Thanks so much! I have ONE more question: On Monday (yesterday), I began having cramps in my lower abdomen. …Sometimes sharp and quick, or dull and lingering.; accompanied by lower back pain. Do you know what could possibly be going on? (OMG, and I currently ovulating??)

The only way to know when you ovulated is to temp. OPK is only going to tell your body is signaling for the release of the egg. That is usually within 24-36 hrs of your first positive but everyone is a bit different too. You may have a long surge.

You Absolutly can bd tonight-but sounds like for fun only at this point-if dh is revived! If you were to catch an egg this cycle it sounds like you did a good job but you are definitely in the TWW now.

As far as your dpo it's really only a guess at this point. If your cycles are regular and you know when to expect af based on your cd1, I would just go by that. If you go to next month, try out bbt. That will tell you exactly when you ov.

Hard to say. They could be related to ovulation-not everyone feels them and they can be before during or after. I would track it so if you get a similar feeling next month you can start to learn what your body does more and more. If you ov on Thursday or Friday that would be 3-4 dpo and could be very early implantation. Or it could just be gas. :haha:
When you start to pay attention you learn your bodies patterns and it gets easier. Otherwise it's kinda a crapshoot.
Sorry the answer is so all over the place

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->