I've just killed all of his tadpoles!.... Ooops!!

L

lepaskilf

I feel really bad!!!!

We collectd some frogspawn a couple of weeks ago from a neighbours pond, so Tom could see them grow and turn in to frogs.

Well, they've been doing really well! I've been feeding them fish food and the tadpoles have gotten really big! Bigger than the ones still in the pond.

For the past few days I've been thinking that the tuppaware box they are in has been looking a bit dirty, quite alot of poo in there! Although I've been taking small amounts of water out every few days and replacing it with tap water I decided that a full clean was in order.

So I got out as much poo as possible, and as much water as possible and then filled up the box with tap water.

This morning I got up and they're all dead!!!!! I think I should have used the pond water! And maybe the temperature difference was a bit of a shock for them!

I feel so bad, they were doing so well! And how do I explain it to Tom!!!!

I think I might replace them with some more from the pond and then just leave them to get dirty!!

Would anyone else feel bad about this? I'm the type of person that won't stand on ants, and apologise to the squashed snail I stood on in the dark!!

OH laughs at me if I stand on a snail because I get so guily and sorry, I try to convince myself the snail is fine iv just evicted him and made him a slug :)

Can you get away with saying they grew up and hopped back to the pond so you got some more because he missed it? :)

Haha!!!...... I'm going to go with that snail to slug theory too, thanks :)... It'll make me feel much better!

I think if I swap them this morning while he's occupied he probably won't notice lol!!! Or maybe he could come swap them with me, and I can say that the smaller ones in the pond need to be cared for by Tom!!!

I would just say, they grew into frogs and they hopped away.

Don't feel bad.

:hugs:

V xx

I've managed to swap them for some new ones from neighbour's garden now! I think I've gotten away with it. Just feel bad for the dead ones!

Aw don't feel too bad hun! But yea I'd use pond water or rain water if you replace their water again :flow:

Thanks :) I think that's a good idea lol!!! Just replace some of the water every couple of days with the pond water!

It looked like a mass murder this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->