I've only been driving a fortnight

It's forgot to say I also get impatient if stuck behind someone going way below the limit. I'd never be abusive though :flow:

Yeah so do I tbf but don't get abusive just mutter to myself doesn't bother me if it's a couple of mph but when someone's going 20/15mph in a 30 for example it does my head in lol. Tailgaters also make me want to slow down, I'm driving at the speed limit so I don't know why they expect me to speed up and there's no way they're bullying their way along the road. I only move out the way for police cars, fire engines and ambulances!

Maybe they're just getting annoyed that they can't do the limit. If it's safe to do so you should really be doing the limit to keep up with the flow of traffic. It would be a mark down on a test if you were to not do that...

Yeah, I don't drive at say 30 on a 40 road for instance because my instructor taught me that if I drive much slower than the other traffic it can be dangerous as people joining the road won't anticipate it. He did teach me to drive to the conditions though and today when I was doing 56/57 down this 60 road that had one lane coned off and a temp no overtaking sign up I was nervous and I stayed a little below. This guy behind me flashed me and was clearly shouting and waving his arms about. Another thing they don't seem to get is that for the first two years I can very easily lose my license by getting too msnh points and have to do the whole thing again. I don't have any P plates cos my hubby thinks they're a waste of time and I wouldn't learn to drive appropriately.

I have to say I disagree with your hubby about P plates - they don't affect your driving - they just might stop some of the w*nkers from giving you a hard time!

I got undertaken today as I was doing 30 in the right hand lane - I was turning right before long but these 2 men couldnt wait & sped past me at 40 shaking their heads. After 10 years driving I usually ignore it but I'm not feeling too great atm so one of them got the w*nker sign thrown at him!!

I'm not sure about P plates to be fair... Some people might be more considerate if they see them. But. There are many idiots who see L or P plates and immediately do stupid dangerous things to get past them, no matter what. My instructor mentioned how he got this when driving the tutoring car as folk would assume a learner was driving it... I'd have to say it'd be the same with new driver plates.

I do think it's all just about experience, and developing a bit of a thicker skin when it comes to plonkers :flow:

My driving instructor told me not to bother with P plates, people will still act like dicks. You'll notice how people behave when they're stuck behind learner cars, it's the same for P plates.

You will gradually gain the confidence hun so don't worry. I'm sure in a few years time you'll be mentally telling other drivers to 'get a move on!' :haha:

When I get tailgated I clean my windows with the screen wash and the ******* behind soon realises haha!

When I get tailgated I clean my windows with the screen wash and the ******* behind soon realises haha!

so do I! my driving instructor gave me that tip!

I've been driving four years now, so I'm used to it, I do get impatient if the person in front of me is driving slowly, but I'd be more understanding if they had P plates and I wouldn't be angry at all then cos I remember what it was like.

If you're doing the speed limit and somebody starts tailgating, slow down more until they get the point and back off!! Or spray your wipers like someone already said. I must say though, speed limits were introduced many many years ago, when cars had crappy braking systems, lack of ABS and a lack of build quality and safety features. The development of cars has improved no end, braking distances have reduced but the speed limits have stayed the same. So yes i am one of those people who also gets annoyed if the person in front is doing less than the speed limt. Although i don't get abusive.

If you're doing the speed limit and somebody starts tailgating, slow down more until they get the point and back off!! Or spray your wipers like someone already said. I must say though, speed limits were introduced many many years ago, when cars had crappy braking systems, lack of ABS and a lack of build quality and safety features. The development of cars has improved no end, braking distances have reduced but the speed limits have stayed the same. So yes i am one of those people who also gets annoyed if the person in front is doing less than the speed limt. Although i don't get abusive.

This almost never works, lol. If someone is stupid enough to tailgate in the first place, then slowing down more is just going to piss them off and they are more likely to do something stupid and risk both your lives.
Just carry on driving at a speed you are comfortable with and eventually they will pass you, or turn off etc.

I'm a speedy driver - love driving fast! Though if it's just around my area or Bella in the car then I just drive like a normal person, though people who drive slower than the speed limit do wind me up - even when I'm not in a rush! Lol. But we're all new drivers at some point and go slower than some - you might speed up with experience, you might not - as long as your happy and safe that's all that matters - ignore all the idiot drivers! x

This almost never works, lol. If someone is stupid enough to tailgate in the first place, then slowing down more is just going to piss them off and they are more likely to do something stupid and risk both your lives.
Just carry on driving at a speed you are comfortable with and eventually they will pass you, or turn off etc.

I'm a speedy driver - love driving fast! Though if it's just around my area or Bella in the car then I just drive like a normal person, though people who drive slower than the speed limit do wind me up - even when I'm not in a rush! Lol. But we're all new drivers at some point and go slower than some - you might speed up with experience, you might not - as long as your happy and safe that's all that matters - ignore all the idiot drivers! x

They way i do it works. Lets say speed limit is 30. Tailgating idiot behind.....slow down (brake) to 25 when you see them get pissed off speed back up to 30 as fast as you can, they'll get the point. As a new driver though i wouldn't do it this way lol.

what winds me up is people stopping in the forest at every donkey or horse ffs the speed limit is 40, drive at 40, use your eyes and be careful as some of us actually live here and just want to go home!

what winds me up is people stopping in the forest at every donkey or horse ffs the speed limit is 40, drive at 40, use your eyes and be careful as some of us actually live here and just want to go home!

oh this would so be me :lol:

Ah, we used to live in the New Forest too, and people gawping at the horses is just baffling to me :wacko: They get ignored most of the time, but when there's no fence between them and the cars, suddenly they're amazing and must be stared at!!

Oh darling. I've been driving for 2 years and I still drive sensibly.

What do you gain by driving too fast? petrol is far too expensive and you risk getting points and putting your life at risk. Youre a sensible mother and ignore the abuse. If you can, jot down their number plate and tell the police.

Do you have a P plate?

Time :haha:

I don't like speeding but I have to admit I have been frustrated by people driving below the speed limit when I'm in a rush. I wouldn't hurl abuse at someone because of it though, that's just horrible :(

I'd still rather loose 10 minutes than loose a life or cause an accident. :hugs:

Ah, we used to live in the New Forest too, and people gawping at the horses is just baffling to me :wacko: They get ignored most of the time, but when there's no fence between them and the cars, suddenly they're amazing and must be stared at!!

I know and tourist season about to get a whole lot worseeee eeek! x

Another thing I just thought of. I find that the reading on my car's speedo is usually a few mph more than the speed the satnav says we are going. So I do try to consider that someone in front of me may think they are sticking to the limit exactly, but to me they are slower, simply because they have different speedo readings than I do!

we have a road near us that has recently changed from a 60mph to a 40mph and its awful and now people have started doing 30mph!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->