IVF after MC? Chances?

notquite

*hopeful dreams*
Reaction score
So recently found out that DB had a vasectomy before he met me :( he said he had some of his sperm frozen or whatever, and would want to try using that before getting a VR (though he did say he would if necessary, he knows how badly I want a child of my own).

My question is - my first pregnancy ended in MC at 9 1/2 weeks. Does that have any bearing on my chances of conceiving through IVF? Can I even do it?

I never thought I'd have to even be thinking about this, I know so little about it... sorry if it's a silly question, just feeling really down right now.

Hi chick

Firstly, sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

The fact that you have previously been pregnant would be seen as a good sign - I recently had IVF which was successful, but ended in a miscariage at 10 weeks. I had a follow-up to talk about next steps and they basically said that, although it ended badly, the fact that I'd gotten p/g was "good". But unfortunately it's not a certainty.

Sorry it's not clear. Good luck with whatever you decide xxx

Hi Notquite

Sorry for your loss. I just had a miscarriage after ivf. Like Starbright I had a follow up consultation and the doctor told me that ivf has a better chance of working in women who have been pregnant even if they had a miscarriage. He said that there had been studies which proved this. However - there ae certainly no guarantees (as Starbright said).

Good luck to all of us next time round!:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->