IVf and hashimoto thyroiditis

one and two

Reaction score
Have just had a ET with DE and got a BFN. Just a couple of days after ET I had a metallic taste in my mouth and extreme thirst and was sure I was PG. Then a couple of days later I got a terrible fever, hot and cold flushes and even fever blisters. After that no taste and thridt subsided. I am worried that with Hashi thyroiditis my immune system attack:wacko:ed the embies and am concerned about more IVF going forward. Any advice?

It is possible though I don't know anything about hashimoto. Can your Dr. check you for natural killer cells? If that is what happened, your NK cells would be high. SOrry the IVF didn't work out. Better luck next time!

Hashimoto's won't attack your baby, but it is an autoimmune disease and autoimmune diseases can attack the body. Talk to your doc and explain to her what your concerns are.

What are you thyroid levels?

I also have Hashimoto's. I've had 3 babies with it. It is possible to successfully have a pregnancy with the disease as long as you are getting treatment.

Sorry about the failed cycle.:hugs:

Hi I also have hashimotos. Can I ask if you are taking thyroxine medication.? I had 3 m/c last year all at 5 weeks., I've read a few small studies that demonstrate thyroid antibodies which are the cause of failing thyroid function can also attack a growing embryo.. I convinced my Gp in January to start me on thyroxine., I self medicated baby asprin at the same time and through iui I got my bfp.... Sadly my baby had downs syndrome and a severe heart defect and we lost her at 17 weeks in July..
So I am unsure whether my pregnancy progressed with the help of thyroxine., aspirin or was destined to be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->