IVF drug side effects

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
Hi, I have my first IVF appointment tomorrow and am curious with regards to the side effect of the drugs that you have to take. Really interested in the experiences of anyone who is going through or has gone through IVF.

I had some headaches and stomach issues. Neither were constant or unbearable though.

Hi Kitticat good luck with your appointment . I hardly had any side effects , maybe a bit of tiredness , few little headaches , but nothing major . It's easier said but take each day as it comes and try to stay relaxed xxx

Fatigue , weight gain . lots of swelling/bloat in the 2ww.

I've only tried the following so can only say my experiences with these particular drugs:

Puregon (FSH I took for 6 IUIs last year): I don't really remember having many, just that my ovaries would start twinging after a while because of making extra eggs.

Bemfola (FSH I took for both IVFs): Pretty much the same as Puregon for me.

Suprefact (prevents early O for long protocol IVF): This one was bad, it made me feel like I was going into a light form of menopause which is apparently normal :wacko:

Centrotide (prevents early O for short protocol IVF): I'd get really itchy at the site of injection for 40-60 minutes but otherwise nothing else I think. My RE told me it's a very common side effect and most women get that. My advice: don't scratch, it makes it worse:dohh:

Ovitrelle (trigger): None that I've noticed:shrug:

Thanks everyone! Found the replies helpful and it makes me a lot less nervous for starting the drugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->