IVF/FET jan-feb 2019

MissCassie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)

Is anyone starting or already started with IVF or FET this year? We will be doing a FET in the coming weeks.

Back story
I have pcos and endo did ivf back in July-Aug-2015 5 eggs collected 4 fertilized and 3 made it to 5 day blasts - transferred 1 in August ended in a chemical. Then did a double transfer in January 2016
Had my daughter in October 2016

September 2018 IVF
55 eggs
47 fertilized
41 x 5 day blasts.

Transferred 1 x blast in Ocotber and sadly miscarried at 8 weeks pregnant.

Started taking provera last week and now waiting for my period so I can start taking Progynova to thicken up my lining so we can do a transfer end of Jan

Hi MissCassie. Im so sorry about your losses. I also have endometriosis. My first IVF cycle in 2016 we got 4 blasts and a failed fresh transfer X 2. Then we did a FET in 2017 with our last two blasts and we ended up with our daughter in Feb 2018 :) we would like one more so we will be starting all over next month with a fresh cycle. Sending good vibes for your upcoming FET! Will you be transferring 1 or 2?

Hi girls! I am going through my first IVF at the moment. My egg retrieval will be any day now.

@MissCassie have you try the genetic testing to the embryos? I heard it helps to avoid disappointments of miscarriages as you know in advance if it would end in a miscarriage or not

@dogmommy did you start your IVF cycle already?

Good luck girls!!

Hi ladies! I used to frequent these forums ALL THE TIME, but it's been years! My husband and I TTC for 5 years, and finally got pregnant with our daughter in 2011 after our first IVF cycle. We had my son 2 years later (2nd fresh IVF cycle). Both of my pregnancies were high risk, both ending with pre-e, my son was born 10 weeks early. But they are now 4 and 7 are perfectly healthy. We have had a single frozen embryo left from my son's IVF, and after getting 3 different high risk doctors to support me, we are going back for the embryo that was left behind! I am 38! It feels crazy and scary and I'm so excited I can cry at any minute. I had my first Lupron injection today. The FET is tentative for February 21st!

Wow that is very exciting! @W8ing4ours
How long did you have the embryo frozen?
If it is FET only, do you still need to do the injections?? I am not there yet... my egg retrieval will be done probably this Friday :) and FET probably around May :) I can't wait!

Wow that is very exciting! @W8ing4ours
How long did you have the embryo frozen?
If it is FET only, do you still need to do the injections?? I am not there yet... my egg retrieval will be done probably this Friday :) and FET probably around May :) I can't wait!
Hi Arianne! So if you are doing your egg retrieval this week, why do you have to wait so long to do the FET? You won't be doing a fresh cycle next week? The embryo was frozen in July 2013, so 5 1/2 years ago! I can't remember how many injections I had to go through with the other IVF cycles, but for my frozen FET I have 20 days of Lupron injections in the morning, then 6 days before the transfer I will start evening progesterone injections which (if I get a positive pregnancy test) could go on for up to 12 weeks, depending on how my body produces progesterone on its own. Good luck on Friday! So exciting!

Hi @W8ing4ours, I will be going to Mexico in 4 weeks! I'm getting married there :) So I have to wait at least 2 months once im back, since it is a zika risk country

Your FET date is my wedding date!! haha hope it goes well! Can't wait to hear your progress! Good luck!

Hi all,

I have been a member since 2011. I finally got pregnant and had my daughter in December 2017. I just had another FET last Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019. My lining was 8.9 and although my RE advised us transfer two, my husband and I decided on one. I am due to go in this Thursday for bloodwork. I am now at 6dp6dt.

Hope everyone has great news soon!

Hi all,

I have been a member since 2011. I finally got pregnant and had my daughter in December 2017. I just had another FET last Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019. My lining was 8.9 and although my RE advised us transfer two, my husband and I decided on one. I am due to go in this Thursday for bloodwork. I am now at 6dp6dt.

Hope everyone has great news soon!
Wow! SO exciting New Yorker! Wishing you the best of luck! Feeling any symptoms this time around? Tomorrow is SO soon!

Hi @W8ing4ours, I will be going to Mexico in 4 weeks! I'm getting married there :) So I have to wait at least 2 months once im back, since it is a zika risk country

Your FET date is my wedding date!! haha hope it goes well! Can't wait to hear your progress! Good luck!

Congratulations on getting married! Sounds like 2019 is going to be your big year! :)

Hey ladies,
I am currently Day 7 of a frozen cycle. I am using my last remaining frostie from our treatment in 2016 whereby I had our gorgeous daughter. I did a FET last August which resulted in a chemical.
This is our last shot - we did multiple unsuccessful cycles with my own eggs before moving onto donor eggs.
Keeping everything crossed and sending baby dust to all you lovely ladies. X

Have you tested yet New Yorker ? Xx
Congrats on your forthcoming wedding Arianne x
Fingers crossed W8aiting xxx
How are you getting on Miss Cassie? Xx

Hi bluebell! When is your FET date? When did you start counting days? I started injections yesterday, FET scheduled for February 21 if everything goes as planned!

Hi girls! You are all ahead of me already in your FET stage, how exciting! Can't wait for mine, I will do my FET in May.

@New Yorker how was your follow up appointment today? Keep us posted!
@Bluebell bun what does day 7 of frozen cycle mean? they haven't transfer the embryo yet?

So you all are transferring just one? How did you all decide on the number? I'm on the fence whether i should transfer 2 or just 1 (IF i get the option that is, so far it seems i might only have 1-2 embryos)
I would LOVE twins but terrified of the risks, I'm very small so not sure if that is worse for risks haha

New Yorker fingers crossed for you!! I cant wait to hear the results of your blood tests.

Bluebell good luck! When is transfer?

W8ing4ours thats alot to go through. But motherhood is so worth it. FET will be here before you know it. So both your children were results of fresh transfers?

Arianne hello on this thread too! Are you getting another ultrasound today?

Afm waiting to ovulate and then see if BFP or AF. Then we will start fresh IVF.

Hi everyone!

Arianne, we are only doing one embryo because I'm considered high risk so my doctor said we would only ever transfer 1 at a time. The risk of complications is significantly higher with twins, considering my likelihood of getting pre-e again.

Dogmommy, good luck this month! hoping you get a BFP and you wont have to go through another cycle!

So we just found out we have 3 embryos, all grade B 5 day blasts. I have spent the last 4 years thinking we only had one left. After getting so sick with both pregnancies, and almost losing my son because of complications and early birth, I really tried to come to terms with the fact that I couldn't have any more children. But I couldn't stop thinking about my final embryo, in a freezer across town. I've had nightmares about it. I've prayed about it almost every single day for years. After getting 3 opinions, my high risk doctor is supportive of one final pregnancy, one final c-section, as long as I am really closely monitored. Now finding out there are going to be 2 embryos left behind, I feel gutted. I can't have them. I realize there is so much I don't know, like if I will even get pregnant, if the first embryo will even thaw appropriately, if the pregnancy will progress normally and to term (or viability) etc. It's such a unique worry, and I know not all women feel like children or souls or life is created before implantation, but its something I'm carrying on my heart today for sure. <3

Aww @W8ing4ours that is so touching... and well at least you now have 3 possibilities :) in case something like the fears you have expressed above happened.
So this would be your 3 child?
I hope I get the chance to be a mom. So be grateful and considered yourself lucky that life has given you that opportunity:flower:
Good luck with your FET! It will go well! :hugs:

Thanks! I am so incredibly thankful! I can’t wait until feb 21st!

Hi girls! How are you all doing? I see you all are doing a frozen cycle... At which day were your embryos frozen? My clinic says they do it at 5, but I am wondering if it can be done at 3 or even 2, in case they won't make it to day 5. My doctor said he would suggest transferring now if that is the case, but that isn't an option for me so wonder if instead they freeze them earlier... but not sure if that was ever done or even recommended. I have read mixed things online about it.

My embryos were frozen on day 5; though some clinics do day 3. I don’t think you would want to do day 1 or 2 because they need to be far enough developed to come out of the freezing I think. But I really don’t know a lot about it.

Dogmommy I just realized I never responded to you about fresh cycles, yes both my kids were from fresh IVF cycles. With my daughter I only had 2 embryos remaining on day 5, and they put them both in ( just got pregnant with one). With my son we had 4 left on day 5, and we only put 1 in, leaving the 3 frozen I have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->