• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF First Round Buddies? April/May!

just got my callback and we're at 1400 today! wooo! I think they'd have been looking for 880 today, if it's supposed to double every other day and my last (first) test was last Thurs. So things are looking good! and I did confirm that I'm 4wks+4 days today. So every Thursday will be my 'new' week. :)

I go back next Monday for my 3rd test and if all still looks good, we'll book our first u/s for the following week. FX'ed! This is going to take forever - I'm so impatient and really thrive on positive feedback and progress.

There definitely could be but who knows. I've looked up a few things on high beta = multiples and there is very little correlation, so I'm not too worried about it just yet. Not that I'm worried - I've been saying this is the ONLY way I'm getting 2 b/c DH only wants one!

I am so excited for you Wish!! Reading your posts and Aidensmom makes me smile. I can feel the happiness. It's so awesome :)

just got my callback and we're at 1400 today! wooo! I think they'd have been looking for 880 today, if it's supposed to double every other day and my last (first) test was last Thurs. So things are looking good! and I did confirm that I'm 4wks+4 days today. So every Thursday will be my 'new' week. :)

I go back next Monday for my 3rd test and if all still looks good, we'll book our first u/s for the following week. FX'ed! This is going to take forever - I'm so impatient and really thrive on positive feedback and progress.

wooohoo!!! I knew your levels would double amazingly! Looks like you do have a double time of about 32hrs or so, like myself :). So happy for u and cannot wait for ur first u/s!

And so far, it looks like there's only one for me but the sac was quite big so we're waiting for the HB scan to confirm. There very well could be two in there for you! ;) I only transferred one but really thought it may have split. We'll see!

Oh and I have told just about everyone after our first u/s. Everyone knew we were going through the IVF process so it was kind of a given that they'd know whether it worked or not shortly after we knew, u know? After all of this time, I just couldn't hold it in anymore! Lol. I too think about things that can go wrong but I promised myself that I will enjoy every moment of this pregnancy and TRY not to worry about the bad things that can happen. I'm a firm believer in thinking positive brings good things your way ;). I was VERY positive throughout the whole IVF process as well and even when I had doubts in the back of my mind, I did not allow myself to say any bad thoughts out loud. I may sound crazy to u, lol. Having said that, I'm still not letting myself buy any baby/pregnancy stuff until I'm at least 7-8wks and even then, it'll be a name book and maybe some comfy clothes. Although DH and I did look at a ton of baby stuff today and omg, they have so much more for babies then they did when my son was born! I saw a bottle warmer that I want SO bad! lol. I can't wait for the 12wk mark to pass and go baby crazy!! :haha:

Good luck everyone with your pregnancy journeys take care :)). X x

optimistic, I can't wait to hear good news from you!!

myone - caaaaaan you feeeeeeel the looooooove toniiiiiight? :haha: I hope you're feeling better today :hugs:

aidens - thank you!! omigosh, will you freak if you have twins? I know I have a fairly good chance of them (and by that, I mean it's still a low chance according to the chart we were shown). I've been hoping this whole time that maybe we would b/c it's the only way I'm getting 2 babies! DH only wants one, and at this point in life, one might be ok with me too. Anyway - I'm totally with you on the positive thoughts. I was super positive during the IVF too, and had this weird sense of zen and contentment after the transfer. I typically don't have time for negative thoughts or worry, it takes too much energy out of me. So I'm going to do the same - just enjoy it while I can, every ache/pinch/tweak/wave of nausea if that happens.

We haven't told anyone collectively and only 3 people knew we were doing IVF (all friends of mine, 2 of which are having their own fertility issues, so they were fair game). And I've only now told 2 people that we're preg - my boss b/c they've been making staffing decisions and one of my project managers b/c he's been suggesting nothing but drinking for our upcoming business trip and I am going to have to bow out.
We'll hold out until at least after we see a heartbeat. I asked DH the other day when he wanted to tell our parents (his Dad even lives with us!) and he said 'isn't there a typical amount of time?' He meant the 3 months. So I just said 'well, we can tell some people like our parents b/c it's also ok to tell them if we lost it.' I plan on telling my parents before the first tri is over, for sure. I can't wait that long!

This is an adorable thread. Full of happiness and hope and baby dust :) I LOVE IT!! This world needs more happy :thumbup:

Wish and AidensMommy---love ya girls! :flower:

Aww thank you, Myonechance :) <3

Wish2Bmom, When do you go for your scan? I'm so so excited to see if you have two in there! I have my HB scan in 5 days!! At first I was SET on having twins but after they only put one back, I got used to the idea of 1 again, lol. As long as the baby(s) healthy, ill be happy :). I like your input on twins, too. I was originally thinking "well if I'm doing IVF one time, I'd like two babys...One for each year of actively trying!" lol... But my clinic was SO certain our 1 grade A embryo would work (as they usually dont give many As out but still have great success rates) so thankfully we listened to our RE or id be worried about triplets right now! :haha:
It must be so hard for you to be around your FIL all the time and not being able to tell him. Id sooo spill the beans! I am not good at keeping secrets, which is why everyone close to me knew about IVF, lol. There's still many, many people we need to tell but we just told our closest friends and most of our family members. Like you, I want to wait until we HEAR the HB (we saw the flickers). Probably between 8-10wks we'll make a FB announcement or something like that. I literally wanted to scream "im pregnant!!!" to the whole world when I first found out, lol. Im sure u had that same feeling flowing through your body as well ;).

myone we love you too!! I hope we get some good news out of you today!

aidensmommy - yes, I still have that feeling flowing through my body!! It's killing me! I'm going to a bday party for my friend's daughter this weekend too - my only friend who knows we were doing IVF and the exact dates of everything. Like, sent me a text on the day we were getting our results and said she was thinking of me, but then said that I didn't have to respond to her either way b/c she knows (and has lived through) both results and even if it's positive, there are weeks to go before people feel comfortable announcing. So no pressure from her but I feel like she'll be watching me a little closer! So I may just spill it - I'd feel comfortable telling her if we lost it anyway. But then again, that would be 3 people I've told and DH hasn't told or been part of any of them! AH decisions.

So I have my 3rd blood test on Monday. If all still looks good there, then they'll schedule me for my first u/s the following week. I can't wait! But yeah, then I guess we'd have to wait another 4 weeks for the next scan. I guess we could start telling people the beginning of August. Seems so long and I don't want to wish the summer away! But I'd like to tell our folks after this first scan. :) A girl can only last so long!

How are you feeling? Anything new this week? I hit 5wks yesterday and still nothing new. I get the worst cramps at night - they've woken me up 2 nights in a row. They feel like AF is coming which is scary. I go to the bathroom half expecting to see blood. But during the day, I'm totally fine except for these sore boobs! I'm still not overwhelmingly exhausted yet either, which I thought kicked in earlier than most other symptoms. Oh well. :)

What books have you gotten or which do you recommend?

Hey you all hope your all doing good :))
Pregnancies treating you well
Just a quick question on your egg collections if I may,
I had mine yesterday ... Ouch!
15 follicles ....only 6 eggs.
Just wondering how painful you girls found it, I was in real discomfort yesterday after the procedure then 1.5hr journey home.
The surgeon said one if my ovaries is high up in my uterus, in which I knew due to scans proving difficult.
He said he was able to retrieve after pushing it down , I wondered if this has contributed to the awful pain.
It's subsided a little today but still Oucheee.
Sat waiting for the phone call tomorrow on progress of how the eggs are / fertilisation is going on etc..
Nerve wracking.

Hey you all hope your all doing good :))
Pregnancies treating you well
Just a quick question on your egg collections if I may,
I had mine yesterday ... Ouch!
15 follicles ....only 6 eggs.
Just wondering how painful you girls found it, I was in real discomfort yesterday after the procedure then 1.5hr journey home.
The surgeon said one if my ovaries is high up in my uterus, in which I knew due to scans proving difficult.
He said he was able to retrieve after pushing it down , I wondered if this has contributed to the awful pain.
It's subsided a little today but still Oucheee.
Sat waiting for the phone call tomorrow on progress of how the eggs are / fertilisation is going on etc..
Nerve wracking.

For me, I wasn't In much pain at all but I know I didn't have that many follies. The day after the bloating did start to get to me a tad bit for a short period tho. Drink LOTS of water and Gatorade! Did ur doc mention anything about OHSS to you? I guess what happens is the more follies, the more our bodies fill back up with fluids to replace what was taken at retrieval, if that makes sense.
The procedure itself tho can cause pain. Its different for every woman, thats for sure. Again, drink lots of fluids and I bet you will heal quickly :).

Thank u :)))
Hoping it will pass quickly .
Just trying to rest sleep.
Guess your body has to recover .
Hope your pregnancy going well ;)))

Thank you! Hope to see your BFP within the next couple of weeks! :dance: FX!!

Same as aidens here - I only had 7 follicles and they didn't have to maneuver anything to get to them. They said it was seamless with no bleeding. But yes - rest and drink a lot of liquids! And some prune juice!! ;) constipation is real and uncomfortable!!

Thank u both :))))
Had the call from the clinic , been in this afternoon for transfer 2 days, had 2 transferred as over 35 yr old.
But improves chances :)))
Had 6ab 4bc :))))
Fingers crossed for 2 wk today test :))
Dreaded two week wait

You're PUPO!!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!! Those are some great embies! I had 2 transferred too. Did you get to watch on a monitor? I got a pic of mine :)

CONGRATULATIONS to those whose gotten their BFP. Good luck to everyone trying!! Glad to see that there has been some BFPs through IVF. Though I'm in the beginning stages, it's nice to be able to read you guys experiences.

I'm only on month 1 of birth control pills. However, I've been doing a lot of thinking... now I'm not sure if IVF is the route I want to go. I'm fearful that if we try and don't get pregnant that I won't be able to emotionally handle it. So now I'm just trying to get as much information on the IVF and its process. I was thinking that I would just get off of the birth control pills after 3 months and just try conceive naturally.

I JUST DON'T KNOW :wacko:

CONGRATULATIONS to those whose gotten their BFP. Good luck to everyone trying!! Glad to see that there has been some BFPs through IVF. Though I'm in the beginning stages, it's nice to be able to read you guys experiences.

I'm only on month 1 of birth control pills. However, I've been doing a lot of thinking... now I'm not sure if IVF is the route I want to go. I'm fearful that if we try and don't get pregnant that I won't be able to emotionally handle it. So now I'm just trying to get as much information on the IVF and its process. I was thinking that I would just get off of the birth control pills after 3 months and just try conceive naturally.

I JUST DON'T KNOW :wacko:

Hi it's a real tough journey ....puts us all to the test.
Without Ivf /icsi /iui fertility and babies aren't possible.
Infertility is really tough , from personal experience been trying for 5.5yrs, with both of our infertility issues we need isci without medical intervention our dreams of having our own children won't be possible.
It's all very personal of what you are able to with , what suits one doesn't suit another .
Go see your doctor for advice.
We had to try to conceive naturally for up to 2 years without any help.
Good luck with your journey :hugs:

ditto to what optimistic said - we tried for about 1.5 yrs and nada. Turned out I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve, so things are already starting to shut down and I had just turned 39! Who knew?! I didn't even get my period until I was 14 and I've always had somewhat of a Peter Pan syndrome, so I've always felt very young. We actually skipped IUI and went straight to IVF b/c my RE didn't want to mess around with trying something for a few months and essentially wasting time if it didn't work.
If you've got the time, though, and your gut it telling you to try naturally for a bit longer, then that's what you do. Last September (before I knew I had DOR), I was filling out the RE paperwork and decided to put it down and save it for Jan.
Good luck to you and your decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->