IVF First Timer here!!!

GirlArmyPilot

Reaction score
We are going for our first IVF in Nov. Anyone have any recommendation of do's or don'ts?? Anything would help!

Can I hear your experience as first timer?

We are also going to be doing our first IVF in November. Very nervous and worried. This is probably our last chance.

So you had endo? That is the one thing that I have never been checked for. We opted not to do the surgery to see.

I did have it - my RE said it was mild - stage 3 but not a ton of it, I think its back though cause my periods are getting painful again.
I am very scared of IVF as I am worried it wont work - we can only afford 1 -2 cycles then that'll be it.
This past month we had a great response to the meds but I ended up with a mild case of OHSS - was extremely bloated (looked 4 months pregnant) for about a week or so - then after my negative beta on Thursday - I stopped progesterone and my bloating went down to normal but I ended up in emerge last night with severe chest pain - Turns out the fluid went into my lungs and now I have walking pneumonia:( This cycle was a bit of a disaster but... the DR who treated me talked to me alot of fertility treatments and said I needed to quit messing around with IUI's and timed intercourse cycles with fertility meds as it is now just a waste of my time and eggs - he suggested we move onto IVF with ICSI and maybe even assisted hatching for my best chances. So in November that looks like what we will have to do.
Have you done other treatments?

We have only one 5 rounds of clomid. The doc we are using said there is not point in doing IUI since we have done everything right...just not working. We are using a doc in the Dallas/FT Worth area and are doing the package deal, so we pay a little bit more up front but are able to do 3 fresh/3 frozen cycles. I am going to be starting birth control this week. We are both in the military so we are shooting to do this in Nov hoping we are able to schedule around it.

I am super excited to do it, but I just want to be successful. I couldn't take it if this didn't work.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2030079-first-ivf-nov-looking-buddies.html

looks like there's two more of us... would you like to join?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->