Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

Funfair1980

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

Anyone from Ninewells Hospital wants to join. I am on day 9 of my stimmimg and hopwfully ER next week.

Me and dh have been ttc since Dec 2011 i got blocked fallopian tubes and dh is fine. This is our 1st Ivf cycle.

Hi Funfair,

I am also at Ninewells Hospital & on first IVF. You will see from my signature bit how far along I am. It's hard going eh. How are you finding the injections? I found them ok. xx

Hie V2R

Glad to find someone from Ninewells, our cycle days seems to be 3-4 days apart. The injections where oky did my Hcg last night so drug free today. Was actually at the clinic on the 5th for my 1st scan which revealed 11 follicles with the biggest being 14, went back again for another scan yesterday and all follicles had grown with the biggest being 18 n 19. Going for EC tomorrow morning and hopefully Et on Mon according to the nurse. Can't put a signature yet as I am still new but have been ttc since December 2010. Both my fallopian tubes are blocked.

Hope the one that fertilised will give you a Bfp fingers crossed, remember it only takes one. When are you having Et. x

Morning Funfair,

Is 1980 your birth year? I'm 79 so we are near same age :)

My biggest follicle was 20. I only have one egg fertilised, I was a bit gutted yest but at least I have one. Are you taking time off work during IVF? I got signed off yest for a week. I'm back in tomorrow for ET.

Who is your nurse? & doctor? My nurse is Allison she isn't the happiest of people but she's good & Dr Kini (cana understand the man). The nurses on Monday were lovely & you will be dealt with quickly no hanging around. Xx

Hie V2R

Yes 1980 is my year of birth, just been for Er today 7eggs collected just waiting for a phone call tomorrow to see how many fertilised. So you having a 3day transfer, for me they said probably Mon which means 5 day transfer or Sat depending on how they fertilise.

Was with Dr Metwally who left a couple of months ago and was really nice, no idea who my Dr is now have been attended by a few nurses including Allison and also Sue who is very nice and chatty today was attended by Susan who is also very nice and all the embryologists are very nice as well.

Gud lucky for tomorrow am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hey 7 is excellent, how are you feeling? I was really sore yest it's eased off today but I cant do too much, feel a right lazy bugger! I was phoned at 9am so hopefully you wont have long to wait. I was suppose to be Sat but Phil said best get in on Thursday!
Have you been sent home with Crinone?

I'll keep my fingers x for you tomorrow. x

Hiya

I was really sore when I came out of the theatre but got a strong painkiller which made the pain easy within an hr, just mild pain now and again hope the pain won't increase as I don have anymore painkillers and am allergic to paracetamol. I am self employed mobile hairdresser so I gave myself about a month off, my job requires standing for hrs so Dh said nomore client.

Good idea taking a month off. I had to get extra painkillers when came round. Hospital never said to me to take time off but I was really sore on left side (I think because all he follicles were at that side), I couldnt concentrate at work or walk far so got signed off, got prescribed co-codomal.

Definatley rest up tonight & tomorrow. Be a party going on in the lab right now :) you will be wanting tomorrow to hurry up.

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me stalking your thread. I got my DS at Ninewells with the help of iui and Allison. I just wanted to wish you both all the best. X

Thanks Rags, its good to have someone who has a positive outcome on the group. Had a phone call this morning to say only 2 fertilised so going for Et tranfer tomorrow which will be 2dt.

All the best for today V2R

Hey not good result for me my egg didnt make it passed stage 1.....Back on Monday to see the doctor, they have kept my hopes up every appointment & everyone it's been a disappointment. I had nothing to ask today as I was fighting my emotions so on Monday I will need to get my list of questions.

Good luck for tomorrow, I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed for you x

Oh no, so sorry to hear that, just stay strong and hear what they say on Monday. How devastating, Did they tell you over the phone or upon your arrival.

On arrival which was worse my partner never came with me as we thought it was straight forward pop it back in. Phillip knew yest that it wasn't developing. He told me I would get a doctor appointment in 2-3weeks but a nurse phoned at 3.30pm saying Phillip has requested an urgent appointment. Life goes on...

Ahh so so sorry fingers crossed second round will be a success, are you paying or on nhs.

They managed to do a 2dt for us so am now pupo with both embies on board which they recommended will increase the chance, fingers crossed.

I'm NHS so two more attempts. I wasnt looking forward to Monday but my tummy loads better today so I'm feeling more like my old self.

Oh it will be so exciting, so do you test in 11 days?

Because it was a 2dt testing will be after 17 days can you imagine the wait.

At least you got 2 more attempts which is good and your body has returned to normal I think its time to relax and get your body ready for the 2nd treatment fingers crossed it will work out.

17 days omg....it will be a long wait. Fingers crossed. You have carried before so you should be ok.

Yea 2 more attempts I'm not rushing into doing it again I'm going to have a couple months to get my body back to normal, passed two weeks I have missed exercise I'm not ready to do it again at the moment.

V2R, so sorry to hear that this one wasn't a gower, good that your body has got itself back on an even keel though. You are so right to go in with a list of questions on Monday, it's so frustrating when you walk out at the end of an appointment and realise you've forgotten to ask something. Take a pen and tick off each one as you ask it.

Funfair 1980, you're on your tww (and a bit), the best of luck to you. It's really difficult not to get caught up in symptom spotting, especially during those last few days. Hope you can find a distraction, relax and enjoy the nice weather... so much easier to say than do.

Just saw this thread ladies and popped in to see how you all are. I've previously had three cycles with Ninewell in Dundee too but I've now moved on.

So sorry to hear that you're cycles were not as expected, especially V2R :hugs: Even though it's a thought just now to go through another cycle, I hope you don't have too wait too long on another go with the NHS.

Good luck Funfair!. Ninewells always give you a long test date don't they!

Morning all

V2R gud luck with your appointment today. Keep in touch

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"