Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

VR2, been thinking about you, hope your day has gone well.

Wallie you said you had three rounds, did it work or not?

Thanks girls, after my waiting 40minutes I was in my appointment for 10 minutes. Not great news I am giving ICSI a go & will be on a long protcol. They have no explaination why I responded so well to the drugs but my eggs were a failure. I will not be offered a 3rd go if my 2nd attempt fails I will have to make the desision of egg donor which is an 18 month waiting list.

Fingers crossed for you V2R for the 2nd round its just the medication time that is a long process I dreaded that. Did they say when you will be starting

Unfortunately no, my three rounds with Ninewells did not work. We didn't get a good response with Ninewells and fertilization was not good and no frosties.

We've transferred to the GCRM in Glasgow and I did a fresh cycle this time last year. I had a chemical. I also had a frozen blastocyst and I had that transferred back in a natural cycle and again I had a chemical pregnancy.

I'm on my 5th fresh cycle now and hope to get my bfp, since it's third time lucky!

BTW at the GCRM I'm on the flare protocol and on less stims. I seem to get better egg quality on this protocol. We've always had ICSI since our first IVF as we had no fertilization doing that.

V2R hope your next go gets you your BFP and Funfair good luck for testing!

V2R, so sorry today didn't go quite the way you'd hoped. Going to ICSI now may be just the right thing for you though and you could well achieve your lo quicker this way. Will you still take a bit of a break before going on to the long protocol? I'll be sending you all my best till I hear you've got your bfp.

That's me officially pregnant now, got my scan booked for the 9th of Aug.

Funfair1980 so many congratulations to you and your family. It's brilliant news, fantastic.

Hi girls, just dropping in and sorry to butt in. Just had to alert you V2R that despite Dundee saying the ED wait list is 18 months I can assure you it is much longer. I've been on it for almost two years now despite them telling me initially it would only be 12 months and still waiting...every time I contact them I get told something different and we've even complained and are no further forward. Im so annoyed with them. Don't want to be bearer of bad news but wanted to let you know the situ in case you have to make some decisions in the future.
X

Congrats Funfair you will be so excited for your scan let us all know how you get on.

Hi Minno I've decided not to do ED as it will not be my biological child. I will be giving ICSI a try & if it doesnt work then it's the end of the road for us. I'm glad I have another 6 months to wait for my appointment as I'm not ready to go through IVF at the moment Xx

Congrats Funfair you will be so excited for your scan let us all know how you get on.

Hi Minno I've decided not to do ED as it will not be my biological child. I will be giving ICSI a try & if it doesnt work then it's the end of the road for us. I'm glad I have another 6 months to wait for my appointment as I'm not ready to go through IVF at the moment Xx

I can only imagine how difficult a decision this has been for you both. I'll look forward to hearing how it all goes for you. Look after yourself meantime.

Totally understand where you're coming from V2R. If it were my only child I would likely feel the same but I am very lucky to already have a DS conceived naturally 11 years ago! Also I'm 43 now and low amh so it's my only option really. Wish you well with your next round of treatment and I hope you get your bfp :)

Funfair congrats to you, wonderful wonderful stuff. Enjoy every minute! Xx

Wallie, how are you, long time no speak x

Hie Ladies

That's a gud decision V2R, Hope you oky and taking it easy for now and relaxing as much as you can is the best way to go while waiting.

Hi glad to have found this thread hard to find for ninewells.

Can anyone give me advice on what to expect I am currently waiting on AF arriving to start the short protocol. I am trying to be positive but confused why at 24 I am being put on this protocol, I had amh tests done came back really high don't have a number as they don't do that anymore just an average for different ages.

I always thought short protocol was for those with low amh and a little bit older :(.

I am trying to be positive but so many people keep saying it doesn't work first time round its scary as not sure how I would cope as I am not taking anytime of work as I only work a few hours late afternoon at after school clubs.

Oh and has anyone got experience of using pregnacare conception?.

Anyone have advice?

Hi tdougal, I don't know how they decide on what protocol to put us on. I was on short & it never worked for me I'm 33 very fit, not under or overweight & had no signs of any fertility problems my body reacted good to the drugs. I had to get signed off work after eggs were taken out I couldnt concentrate on work my stomach was sore. I now have to wait for my next appointment which hopefully will be December.

I'm sorry I have no advice just relax, it's all very fast once you start injecting. Good Luck & I really hope it works for you. xx

Hie tdougal

Got no idea why they put you on short protocol as well, I was on long protocol and it was successful for the 1st time and am 10 wks pregnant. All I can advice you is to try and relax and have a positive mind. I was using pregnacare conception instead of normal folic acid, I continued with them while on 2ww to finish off my pack they really good would definitely recommend them. Gud luck with your cycle.

Hie Ladies

Was thinking about V2R and Tdougal how are you doing and What's the progress of your cycles so far.

Hi, I've been thinking about you all too. Would love to hear bow things are going?

Funfair1980, hope everything is going smoothly?

Am doing very well thanks Rags and the preg is going smoothly. Am in my second trimester now and never had any sivkness.

Am doing very well thanks Rags and the preg is going smoothly. Am in my second trimester now and never had any sivkness.

That's wonderful, so glad to hear that. It's going to be a very exciting Christmas for you. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and let us know how it goes.

Hi I emailed the hospital last month & my reply was I will start my treatment in December, nearer the time the doctor will review my notes & decide on the treatment. I'm sick of waiting now, I now feel ready so just want to crack on.

Funfair 1980 - Brilliant you are having a smooth pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->