Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

Hi I emailed the hospital last month & my reply was I will start my treatment in December, nearer the time the doctor will review my notes & decide on the treatment. I'm sick of waiting now, I now feel ready so just want to crack on.

Funfair 1980 - Brilliant you are having a smooth pregnancy

It must feel like such a long wait for you V2R. It's an amazingly positive way to end the year and start 2014 though. I would say to make sure you call/email again in November if you haven't heard anything about a date though, it would be really frustrating to get caught up in the Christmas break without being further down the line. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ladies, I am about to start ivf cycle with Dundee. How are you finding them as a clinic?
X

Ladies, I am about to start ivf cycle with Dundee. How are you finding them as a clinic?
X

Hello and best of luck.
I'm not attending any more but have a fabulous 3 year old son thanks to iui at Ninewells. I liked them in general, all of the nurses are lovely and very knowledgable. I will say to keep on top of appointments and if you don't hear anything when you think you should have get on to them, phone or email. They have a big workload. I was self funding and really liked the fact that they are non profit making and I loved sitting in the waiting room looking at the beautiful picture of the Childs face and counting how many amazing babies they've helped create.

Hi Rags, congrats on your lovely iui miracle :) we are self funding too - donor egg ivf. Have waited two years to get to this point so just want to get on with it now. I'm terrified! Lol xx

Hi Rags, congrats on your lovely iui miracle :) we are self funding too - donor egg ivf. Have waited two years to get to this point so just want to get on with it now. I'm terrified! Lol xx

It's such a long wait and then suddenly you start treatment, before you know it you're trying to work out how soon you should wait to tell people your good news! I've got everything crossed for you and look forward to hearing about your bfp really soon. Xx

Oh Rags, I hope that is the case. We're wondering when we will start - been told donor getting ready to start meds next month so hoping we can get this all done by Xmas but I suspect it will be more like early new year. If it doesn't work, we're going to Prague for our next attempt! X

Gosh, so you'll have an excited donor out there getting all geared up too, how amazing for you all. I hear Prague is a lovely place to visit, here's hoping it stays as a holiday destination for you only. Xx

Hi I emailed the hospital last month & my reply was I will start my treatment in December, nearer the time the doctor will review my notes & decide on the treatment. I'm sick of waiting now, I now feel ready so just want to crack on.

Hie V2R

Hope you doing well, its so terrible that you had to wait all this long. Here I was thinking you almost completing your second cycle. Anywhere just stay strong and patient you nearly there and like Rags say just give them a call if you don't hear anything by November. Wish you all the best and fingers crossed you'll have the best Christmas.

X

Hie Minno

We've had a good experience with Ninewells, I only had 2 eggs fertilised out of 7 and they advised to put both back in to increase the chance which my hubby was against as he didn't want us to have twins, but the Embryologists knows better so we took their advice and here we are 15wks 6 days pregnant with one baby 1st time Ivf. Just stay calm and relax I know its easier say that done I guarantee you in safe hands, the staff there are all lovely and helpful. Hope your Doner has started treatment now, fingers crossed and wish you all the best. Stay in touch

Hie V2R

Hope you doing well, its so terrible that you had to wait all this long. Here I was thinking you almost completing your second cycle. Anywhere just stay strong and patient you nearly there and like Rags say just give them a call if you don't hear anything by November. Wish you all the best and fingers crossed you'll have the best Christmas.

Hi funfair , thanks for your message. Delighted to hear a success story - congrats to you :) We are also pondering the number to put back issue as dh also not keen on twins. I think I have convinced him to be guided by the embryologist. Was yours a fresh or frozen transfer? Xx

Rags & Funfair1980 - I got a surprise package from the hospital on Saturday! My treatment schedule so the plan is I call the hospital day 1 of November period then I start Nasal Spray day 21 for 2-3 weeks (4 times a day) back for baseline scan & hopefully to get my injections. So it will be all go soon! Fingers crossed this treatment will work.

Good luck for you egg share Minno, waiting so long on an egg donor mustve been hard for you. Never know our paths might cross at hospital

Whop whop that'd good news V2R just stay positive it will definitely work, are you going for icis this time or ivf.

Hey Minno, we did a fresh transfer and that was our 1st cycle.
Good luck to both of you.

Hey V2R, that's fantastic news. We're you expecting the pack? I am waiting to receive instructions to get started too which I guess will mean a pack from the hospital as well. We anticipate it will be for go in November so we might we'll cross paths! So exciting!! Can I ask what contact you had from the hospital before you got your pack? I've just had a letter and email exchange with them last week.

Funfair, that is so amazing. A 2dt as well - just wonderful! You are my inspiration! Why did they suggest a 2dt though? Did you have any to freeze?
Xx

V2R, that's wonderful. I'll keep everything crossed for you and realy look forward to hearing how it all goes.

Thank you. It's icsi this time. I think my injections will start about Xmas time a bit glad as I'm off for two weeks it will be bit more less stressful I think.

I've not had much contact with the hospital I feel I've just been left to chase them! I thought I would have an appointment with the doctor first to discuss treatment so it was a surprise when I had a parcel to sign for!
Keep us up to date with your appointments Minno we could maybe get a cuppy in the waiting room if we are there at same time

That'd be lovely V2R :) I must agree that the communication from the clinic has been pretty poor. I always have to write/email them. Unbelievable that yiu weren't even told the pack was coming!
I am a it worried about hitting the Xmas break at the clinic - on their website it says that is closes from dec 13th to 6th Jan! I bet we hit it right about then and transfer is delayed :(

Hi everyone.
Hope you dont mind me jumping in on thread.
We are getting ivf at ninewells too. Have to go this week for blood tests,can anyone tell me roughly how long after these are done that the process really starts? We have been ttc for 5 years and as you can imagine I am now just wanting things to happen quick :-(. Getting extrememly frustrated. Also im maybe being stupid but what does all the short terms mean eg bfp? And ive noticed you refer to your partners as dh?
Thanks
:)

I know what bfp and dh mean now ;-) xx

Hi H4M. Lots of abbreviations huh lol glad you're getting your head round them.
Congrats in getting started withe treatment process. From having bloods done til now, treatment, it's taken two very long years. Timeframe for you will depend on what treatment you are having and whether the nhs is funding you or you are going private. If you look on the website it gives approximate time frames for ivf treatment by health board area. We needed a donor and that is why our wait has been so long.
Good luck with it. I totally understand the frustration of waiting and just wanting to get going! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->