• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET Round 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, etc.) ladies trying again in 2011

Hi, ladies! I start lupron tomorrow and then the stims in one week. My protocol this cycle is 300 follistim, 75 repronex nightly before trigger.

Welcome MSG :hugs:. So you are officially the first person on this thread we will be cheering on :happydance:. Wishing you loads and loads of luck!!!!!

hello ladies

id love to join you ladies.

ive just missed out on FET in january as the embryology dept is closed for decontamination till 10th jan and im due to ov a few days before so i will be having natural FET number 3 in february. very gutted as hubby wont be here in february so i will be going on my own. so wanted him to be there with me but its something he cant get out off. i have 24 little snowbabies waiting for me and i am really hoping they will let them go to blasts as this will be our last treatment. just cant afford to go private at the moment but you never know what the future will bring.

Good luck ladies praying all our dreams will come true in 2011

:hug::dust: to all xxxxx

Hi Wrighty :hugs:. Don't worry hun....February will be here before you know it. I too had to defer the start of my next cycle till February, instead of January when I hoped to start. So sorry your hubby won't be around, but at least he can get home to see your :bfp:. And you have 24 snowbabies and that is AWESOME!!! You will surely get some nice blasts :thumbup:. Don't worry babes, hopefully you won't need to go private :hugs:

Good morning everyone! I am trying to get my head around posting on here, it's not going very well.lol
does anyone know how to do a quote so my post shows below the one I'm responding to? Like a lot of your does.

ISI - sorry I called u Helen I was being a dork!

I can see I'm going to annoy myself with all the questions so tell me to sshh if it becomes too much. I so don't have the lingo down but here goes, what would make them decide to stimulate from the start or down regulate? Do you know how the decide if the IVF is ICSI?

Silarose - I am so sorry for the loss you suffered. I hope this thread brings you lots of luck. TY yes I love to read up on things, I've found if your fully clued up the doctors can't fob you off. I will check that site out.

Mysillygirls - wishing you all the best for this treatment.

Wrightywales - I'm sorry you're missing out on Jan, that sucks that your Hubby can't be with you. Fingers crossed feb is your month.

Good morning everyone! I am trying to get my head around posting on here, it's not going very well.lol
does anyone know how to do a quote so my post shows below the one I'm responding to? Like a lot of your does.

ISI - sorry I called u Helen I was being a dork!

I can see I'm going to annoy myself with all the questions so tell me to sshh if it becomes too much. I so don't have the lingo down but here goes, what would make them decide to stimulate from the start or down regulate? Do you know how the decide if the IVF is ICSI?

Silarose - I am so sorry for the loss you suffered. I hope this thread brings you lots of luck. TY yes I love to read up on things, I've found if your fully clued up the doctors can't fob you off. I will check that site out.

Mysillygirls - wishing you all the best for this treatment.

Wrightywales - I'm sorry you're missing out on Jan, that sucks that your Hubby can't be with you. Fingers crossed feb is your month.

Hi Please!! If you want to quote a post, click on the "Quote" button on the bottom right part of the post. When it takes you to the dialog box, you can then type your post underneath the quote. Let me know if you still need any help.

And you can never ask too many questions. Even those of us who have gone through it before still have lots to learn. We're all here to support each other.

I think ICSI is determined by your partner's sperm count. If they don't think there'll be enough sperm to fertilise the eggs normally, then ICSI is the best option. ICSI is the injection of the eggs with sperm.

Hope this helps :hugs:

Isi - TY I have found the quote button however I don't think my I-pad likes it as it won't seem to work, never mind I will try when I am at home on my laptop. Thank you for your reassurance it is very sweet of you. His count the last 3 s/a has been 20million per ml 75% movement but only 4% normal forms, what do you think they will recommend?would you say ICSI is better? Not sure if u saw my question about what makes them determine whether they stimulate me from the start or down regulate? TY again

Isi - TY I have found the quote button however I don't think my I-pad likes it as it won't seem to work, never mind I will try when I am at home on my laptop. Thank you for your reassurance it is very sweet of you. His count the last 3 s/a has been 20million per ml 75% movement but only 4% normal forms, what do you think they will recommend?would you say ICSI is better? Not sure if u saw my question about what makes them determine whether they stimulate me from the start or down regulate? TY again

Yeah, its sometimes difficult doing some stuff on the site with Blackberries and i-phones. I can't really say what your FS wil recommend, but my guess is that it would be ICSI. And about stimming or down regulating, I think they determine this after they find out your ovary function, i.e. if you'll be a good or poor responder, if you might have the tendency to overstimulate (like me....I have polycystic ovaries), etc. That's what will determine what kind of dosage/stimulation you'll require.

Yeah, its sometimes difficult doing some stuff on the site with Blackberries and i-phones. I can't really say what your FS wil recommend, but my guess is that it would be ICSI. And about stimming or down regulating, I think they determine this after they find out your ovary function, i.e. if you'll be a good or poor responder, if you might have the tendency to overstimulate (like me....I have polycystic ovaries), etc. That's what will determine what kind of dosage/stimulation you'll require.

Hi, ladies! I start lupron tomorrow and then the stims in one week. My protocol this cycle is 300 follistim, 75 repronex nightly before trigger.

Welcome MSG :hugs:. So you are officially the first person on this thread we will be cheering on :happydance:. Wishing you loads and loads of luck!!!!!

Thanks so much! I am terrified. The first failed ivf in sept/oct was such a gut wrenching disappointment. My huge fear is my egg quality...I didn't even realize that was an issue. sigh. We are self pay on this one so this will be our last ivf try...

Thanks so much! I am terrified. The first failed ivf in sept/oct was such a gut wrenching disappointment. My huge fear is my egg quality...I didn't even realize that was an issue. sigh. We are self pay on this one so this will be our last ivf try...

I feel your pain, MSG. The failure was heart breaking for me as well. Are you taking any prenatal vitamins. I know they are good for egg quality. I've also heard that royal jelly helps as well.

Has first ICSI in October/November...It failed :(
Moving onto FET January as soon as my period comes! Bring it on...I'm ready...I think, lol!

Moving onto FET January as soon as my period comes! Bring it on...I'm ready...I think, lol!

:hugs: Flower18. But I love your spirit, girl :thumbup:. Wishing you all the very best for January!!!!!! How many frosties do you have?

Hello Wishful :hi:. Thanks so much for joining us!!! February is shaping up to be one lucky month :thumbup:. Wishing us all the very best of luck!! Are you going to be on the short or long protocol?

Hi Isi. My doctor said he is putting me on an intermediate protocol but I havent been able to find any info on the internet on this. He is not putting me on any birth control pill but I will be starting the nasal spray on day 21 of my february cycle and then onto injections on the 4th of March. So I'm not sure what the cycle is called :shrug: Was on the long protocol the last time but because of the poor results my doctor wanted to change the next go up!!!! Has anyone ever heard of an intermediate protocol before????

:hugs: Flower18. But I love your spirit, girl :thumbup:. Wishing you all the very best for January!!!!!! How many frosties do you have?

Hi Isi Buttercup...I have 15 blast frosties... and we're putting two back in this time as opposed to our fresh where we only put one. I do understand the chances of frozen are alot less... we've been through a whirlwind of a yr, and just recently found out 3 of my husbands cousins are preggo and expecting their babies that same time I would be expecting mine if I had gotten a BFP...so depressing! How are you doing?

Hello Wishful :hi:. Thanks so much for joining us!!! February is shaping up to be one lucky month :thumbup:. Wishing us all the very best of luck!! Are you going to be on the short or long protocol?

Hi Isi. My doctor said he is putting me on an intermediate protocol but I havent been able to find any info on the internet on this. He is not putting me on any birth control pill but I will be starting the nasal spray on day 21 of my february cycle and then onto injections on the 4th of March. So I'm not sure what the cycle is called :shrug: Was on the long protocol the last time but because of the poor results my doctor wanted to change the next go up!!!! Has anyone ever heard of an intermediate protocol before????

Hi Wishful. I haven't heard of that protocol but I also didn't take birth control pills before I down regulated last time. I'm sure your FS believes that will bring better results for you. It sounds like we might have the exact timeline :friends:

Hi Isi Buttercup...I have 15 blast frosties... and we're putting two back in this time as opposed to our fresh where we only put one. I do understand the chances of frozen are alot less... we've been through a whirlwind of a yr, and just recently found out 3 of my husbands cousins are preggo and expecting their babies that same time I would be expecting mine if I had gotten a BFP...so depressing! How are you doing?

Hi Flower! Wow, 15 blasties! That's awesome! And I know too well how depressing those family bfps can be. Let's just stay positive and pray we get ours soon :hugs:. I really really pray this is our last New Year's eve without a baby.

Hi lovely ladies. Hope 2011 has gotten off to a great start! I'm so excited we're closer to our kick of dates. 2011 has to be the year of the :baby:

MSG, you start stimming this week. Good luck hun!

Also wishing you loads of luck, Inky, for your FET this month!

Hope you ladies kick off the :bfp: train on the thread :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Hi, girls! I started lupron last Thursday and will overlay it with the birth control pill until this thursday. Then, it will be lupron alone for a few days and will start the regular stims around Monday. So, I will start the regular stims around 1/10. Hopefull, retrieval will be around 1/24.

Hi, girls! I started lupron last Thursday and will overlay it with the birth control pill until this thursday. Then, it will be lupron alone for a few days and will start the regular stims around Monday. So, I will start the regular stims around 1/10. Hopefull, retrieval will be around 1/24.

That's great MSG! Will make the update now. Is it the same protocol you were on last time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->