• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET Round 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, etc.) ladies trying again in 2011

:flower:

i also had failed icsi in november too, i am just waiting for next af to arrive and then im going for 2nd cycle, i think im doing the short protocol or something like that, i have some tablets and suppositries to use as soon as she turns up, but i have have one frosty as they messed my collection up big time :growlmad: so heres to us all then and hopefully some bfp's in feb/march

:holly: (sorry but thought this might make you laugh !!!))

Welcome Dingley Dell :hugs:. How did they mess up your collection?? Gosh, some of these hospitals are just a joke! I had a similar problem with mine. I'm changing FS for the next cycle, are you? Good luck, sweetie. I'll put you on the list! May we get our :bfp:s come February/March :friends:

LOL and :holly: is totally hilarious!!!

Hi everyone. This time round I'm gonna try to be more positive too. I'd saved up loads of happy films to watch during my 2ww last time but it just went out the window ad I spent the whole time worrying and in tears. Am seriously gonna try to relax next time. Easier said than done, I know!
Good luck to everyone going again soon! It would be great to hear some positive stories on here - gives the rest of us hope!
Am thinking I won't start again until April as we need time to save.

Hi Lou :hugs:. Girl, I was the exact same as you. I got 10 (TEN) romance novels, and had my favourite shows (Frasier, Will & Grace) on standby, but all that didn't stop me from tearing my hair out. I definitely want to try to be calmer this time. Hopefully, we can help each other ooze some good karma :thumbup:. By God's grace, by the time you start in April, his thread will be abuzz with some lovely :bfp:s and sticky baby :dust:

Hi everyone

Just popped in quickly to say hello. Hiya Doodar and Dingleybell. Doodar I think I remember you from another thread. Sorry to hear about your loss honey.

There seem to be lots of us getting going in Jan/Feb. I have a scan on Fri, then stop my pill a few days later, wait for af and then stimming! I can't bear all of the witing aroung. Good luck everyone - let's get some sticky bfp's going in this thread xxxx

YAY Sila!!!! You're getting ready to start :yipee:. I'll change your start date to January. Ooooh, this is getting so exciting!!! Wishing you the very very best of luck hun!

As long as you're eating enough protein, chugging enough milk (unless you're lactose intolerant, like me), taking your prenatals, I think you'll be fine, regardless of what your Christmas diet was like :hugs:. I take Pregnacare Conception every day, and I'll start with my daily eggs and stuff shortly (just trying to lose the 10 pounds I put on over Christmas.....I was naughty too :blush:).

Good luck babes!!!

Just booked all my scan dates!! Woohoo!!!

YAY, Wishful :yipee: :yipee:

What are the dates, so I can update the front page?

Start DR on 21st February
Start stimming on 4th of march :happydance:
Scan dates - 3rd, 8th, 11th & 14th March
Egg Collection (possible dates) 16th - 18th March
Egg transfer prob 3 days later
Cant believe I'm getting excited about injections!!!!!

:kiss:
:flower:

i also had failed icsi in november too, i am just waiting for next af to arrive and then im going for 2nd cycle, i think im doing the short protocol or something like that, i have some tablets and suppositries to use as soon as she turns up, but i have have one frosty as they messed my collection up big time :growlmad: so heres to us all then and hopefully some bfp's in feb/march

:holly: (sorry but thought this might make you laugh !!!))

Welcome Dingley Dell :hugs:. How did they mess up your collection?? Gosh, some of these hospitals are just a joke! I had a similar problem with mine. I'm changing FS for the next cycle, are you? Good luck, sweetie. I'll put you on the list! May we get our :bfp:s come February/March :friends:

LOL and :holly: is totally hilarious!!!

:shrug:,,,,,, we started our injections on the 21st september 2010, all was going well then on the 30th whilst still having scans in the mean time, they found an egg that had slipped through the treatment which is suppose to make you stop producing eggs/makes them dormant !!! (confused yet, it gets better ) so that day i had to take a tablet to make me have a period to get rid of that egg whilst still injecting myself to keep the others asleep..whilst still having scans to make sure it was clear. then on the 15th October had the scan to say all clear and my lining of the womb was very good xx so on the 18th October started with my second lot of injections (doing two different drugs now !! ) this one is to make your eggs go bonkers :happydance: xxx was then having scans upto the Thursday 28th October :blush: yeh they are really plesant !!! anyway so the nurse said ooh your eggs are really good size you should be having them taken out either on sat or monday we will ring you later on and let you know
:happydance::yipee: so we went home and we were both on :cloud9: and were so excited xxx we had 18 eggs in total and 9 of them were the size required to fertilise whilst the other could still be frozen and used for a later date if required xx great we had loads of eggs, if first go failed we would be fine we would have loads to use xxx (not the case) i was booked in for my egg collection on the monday 1st November at 8.30,, when i woke up from the anesthetic i was told that they had only managed to find two eggs and that i must have ov over the weekend and lost the rest :)cry:) we were both gutted, 6 1/2 weeks of continious injections for the private ivf clinic to f**k up big time, it took me a few days to get over that but my 2 little eggs had both been really excellent sizes and had both taken the sperm and were forming :wohoo: so i had one put back in (3 days after collection) and the other was left to form more for a few more days (they rang me and said it had processed really well and was ideal to freeze so it was frozen... so then we had to wait for two weeks (omg the longest 2 weeks of our lives ) well i had to do my test on the 19th November and :bfn:, then about half hour later af turns up :cry:..... i called the clinic and told them they said you need to make an appointment to see our doctor as i expressed how we felt that they had messed up in the first place and that we will only have one more chance at this etc.... :growlmad:.. when we had our meeting we were told oh sorry but it happens hardly ever (it had to me bloody me, been trying for 3 1/2 years) and yes they should have scanned me on the friday after last san and not just left me as my large sized eggs were 18.5 sized (which is pretty big they should only go upto 17 for collection).. so then he told us we have to have 3 af's before i can have our next embreo transfered back in but there is a chance that it might not thaw out properly and could die !!! :cry: yep i felt really great after he told us that !!! so here i am just waiting for my last of the 3rd af's to turn up and then i can give them a call :happydance:.....

i never ever thought IVF/ICSI was going to be as hard as this mentally and physically and hard for our dh's/partners too..

Im really sorry about this long long post but ive been shown that even people who are supposed to do there job's properly - DONT !!!

tc and thanks :kiss:

Just booked all my scan dates!! Woohoo!!!

YAY, Wishful :yipee: :yipee:

What are the dates, so I can update the front page?

Start DR on 21st February
Start stimming on 4th of march :happydance:
Scan dates - 3rd, 8th, 11th & 14th March
Egg Collection (possible dates) 16th - 18th March
Egg transfer prob 3 days later
Cant believe I'm getting excited about injections!!!!!

:happydance: That's soooo exciting, hun! I'm hoping to start DR by February 6th!!! Girrrrl, I'm toooo excited about those injections...lol! AND I am hopelessly scared of needles, so you can imagine! Brrrrring on the :bfp:s!!! :happydance:

GOSH, that's awful DingleyDell!!!!!! Extremely negligent on the clinic's part! So sorry hun! It must have been so heart breaking for you!!! Are they compensating you with a free cycle, or something??!! My former FS also cocked up....but not before my egg retrieval. They got 12 eggs from me....but I just know their blastocyst culture was not of good quality, as my embies went from 9 going strong....to just 2 good blasts and 1 fair morula. They also didn't bother placing me on antibiotics during my cycle. Ah well.....I'm not repeating cycle 2 with them FOR SURE!!!!

Praying #2 is a lucky number for us hun, :hugs:

Gosh Dingley sounds like you have been through the mill too. I often wonder what goes on behind the scenes at these clinics. I do get the feeling that once they have taken your money they really couldn't give a monkeys after that. They are covered by so many get out clauses if you have a negative, that if they did do anything wrong that we didn't know about then they have so many things to fall back on. Oh you got a negative because of this and that reason and not because we made a mistake. I often wonder if our miscarriage was due to a day 6 transfer, I wonder if the embryo's didn't get chance to implant properly because they were transferred on day 6 instead of day 5. My embryos actually got to blast stage on day 5 but because it fell on a Sunday and the clinic was closed, I had to have them put back on day 6instead. I wanted to make a complaint but hubby said no because he feared it would jeopardize our chances for this FET.

Gosh Dingley sounds like you have been through the mill too. I often wonder what goes on behind the scenes at these clinics. I do get the feeling that once they have taken your money they really couldn't give a monkeys after that. They are covered by so many get out clauses if you have a negative, that if they did do anything wrong that we didn't know about then they have so many things to fall back on. Oh you got a negative because of this and that reason and not because we made a mistake. I often wonder if our miscarriage was due to a day 6 transfer, I wonder if the embryo's didn't get chance to implant properly because they were transferred on day 6 instead of day 5. My embryos actually got to blast stage on day 5 but because it fell on a Sunday and the clinic was closed, I had to have them put back on day 6instead. I wanted to make a complaint but hubby said no because he feared it would jeopardize our chances for this FET.

I agree, Doodar! They have so many get out clauses, it's amazing! I think any FS opting not to work on a Saturday/Sunday/holiday, at the expense of their client's welfare, is just totally negligent really! There are so many things I think back and wonder about. But you know what, hun. Let's just keep our eyes focused on our next try. Because if we keep looking back, we just might murder someone (I know I will :haha:)

Your right isi. We can drive ourselves mad with the what if's can't we. I'm trying to be a bit more laid back about things this time round. Last time I did everything by the book diet, exercise, no alcohol, no caffeine etc etc and look where that got me. This time I'm not going to be as strict with myself. I do have one problem though WORK!!! they are being really off with me. Last time I took time off but I didn't tell work it was for ivf, my doctor wrote on my sick note gynae procedure. When I got back to work I decided to tell them the truth and they took my sick pay back off me. Then when I miscarried they tried to get rid of me because they knew we were now trying for a baby. They have since found out that they can't actually do that. They tried to get rid of me based on sickness record. I have only taken sick for the ivf treatment and for 1 week when I miscarried. This time round I was hoping to take time off after embryo transfer but now I'm not so sure. I don't know whether to tell them the truth or to lie again and keep it secret or do I not take any time off at all and just soldier through. The problem with not telling them though is my job puts risk to my unborn baby because of X rays thats why I had to tell them last time even though they still tried to make me take them. I have a feeling that they will try to get rid of me some other way because now I'm causing too much hassle for them and cost them too much money when it comes to maternity leave. The atmospere is just terrible and its a stress I don't need. I could quite easily walk out tomorrow but I've worked there over seven years and I've earned my right to maternity leave and pay.

Oh Doodar :hugs:. That's so awful. But why are they acting so horridly after you've been there so long??!! So sorry love. Is there anyone you can talk to? Because you can't go straight back to work after your transfer....even if just a few days off. I pray everything sorts itself out hun...because the negative atmosphere can't be good for you and your babies! Sending you loads of hugs, sweetie. Regardless of all that's going on, that :bfp: has your name on it!!! :hugs:

Doodar-work seems horrible, perhaps you could go to citizens advice to get some information unless you know where you stand already. THat is the last thing you need with all the stress that comes with IVF anyway. Hope it gets a bit better, try and take time off if you can :thumbup:

Dingley-that must have been so disappointing ( i know understatment or what!!!!) its so hard because you put all your faith in the professionals and hope they doing everything exactly right. We find it hard to speak up and put our opinion across too because they should know more.. Are you going to stay with the same clinic? If you are, I am sure they wont make the same mistake again.......

Im also interested in what we can do to help this cycle succeed.....Im hoping because christmas is over (which is always stressful really, getting ready making sure everything is done) this time of year will be more peaceful for all of us.
Im gonna be more organised with my diet this time too, I had EC and ET right when the snow was at its worst and i wasnt organised enough with food shops etc and then was scared to go out incase i fell over and ruined everything and the men arent the best at healthy shopping are they even if they get a list so im going to do meal plans this time and make sure there is no christmas chocolate in the house!! Also last time, it happened so quick, we had a lot to drink the w/e before seeing the fs (it was hubbys 40th) and then the fs said to start straightaway my cycle was due to start in a few days on the short protocol so obvioulsy that was a worry so a new year a clean slate i say.

Hope everyone else is starting the new year well and any information is good. What is everyone else doing??

Silarose - good luck in starting :happydance:

Ax

Im also interested in what we can do to help this cycle succeed.....Im hoping because christmas is over (which is always stressful really, getting ready making sure everything is done) this time of year will be more peaceful for all of us.
Im gonna be more organised with my diet this time too, I had EC and ET right when the snow was at its worst and i wasnt organised enough with food shops etc and then was scared to go out incase i fell over and ruined everything and the men arent the best at healthy shopping are they even if they get a list so im going to do meal plans this time and make sure there is no christmas chocolate in the house!! Also last time, it happened so quick, we had a lot to drink the w/e before seeing the fs (it was hubbys 40th) and then the fs said to start straightaway my cycle was due to start in a few days on the short protocol so obvioulsy that was a worry so a new year a clean slate i say.

Hope everyone else is starting the new year well and any information is good. What is everyone else doing??

Silarose - good luck in starting :happydance:

Ax

Wishing you all the best this time around, Angie. You're right, it's definitely harder to stay healthy during Christmas. I don't drink but I have a very bad sweet tooth, so that's not particularly ideal either. Trying to change my diet before I start next month.

Have you decided when your FET will be?

GOSH, that's awful DingleyDell!!!!!! Extremely negligent on the clinic's part! So sorry hun! It must have been so heart breaking for you!!! Are they compensating you with a free cycle, or something??!! My former FS also cocked up....but not before my egg retrieval. They got 12 eggs from me....but I just know their blastocyst culture was not of good quality, as my embies went from 9 going strong....to just 2 good blasts and 1 fair morula. They also didn't bother placing me on antibiotics during my cycle. Ah well.....I'm not repeating cycle 2 with them FOR SURE!!!!

Praying #2 is a lucky number for us hun, :hugs:

Well we are having this through the nhs but they said that if this one doesnt work then they will do it at a reduced cost if we have to go private with them , the thing is the staff there are really nice and its one of the top ivf clinics too (you would have thought though that even they couldnt cock-up that much, i suppose it was just one of those things) we have now put that aside us and hoping that our little embreo pulls through when they thaw it (thats when im gona be bricking it !!! ) personally i think they use your first go as a test to see how you react to the drugs and implantation so when you have your second one they can do better with the drugs and other things..im using diff drugs for my 2nd go and another make of suppositries (and twice as many).. I bet you were gutted too when they told you about your eggs, just a question - why would they put you on anitbiotics during it ?? was you poorly ?? (sorry if i sound thick but i havent been on here long and it might have been an older post or that they said they would) does it help if they do??
At least you are going to go elsewhere for your next cycle xx Good luck with that. and yes i hope we all get our bfp's with next round :happydance:

tc xx

Well we are having this through the nhs but they said that if this one doesnt work then they will do it at a reduced cost if we have to go private with them , the thing is the staff there are really nice and its one of the top ivf clinics too (you would have thought though that even they couldnt cock-up that much, i suppose it was just one of those things) we have now put that aside us and hoping that our little embreo pulls through when they thaw it (thats when im gona be bricking it !!! ) personally i think they use your first go as a test to see how you react to the drugs and implantation so when you have your second one they can do better with the drugs and other things..im using diff drugs for my 2nd go and another make of suppositries (and twice as many).. I bet you were gutted too when they told you about your eggs, just a question - why would they put you on anitbiotics during it ?? was you poorly ?? (sorry if i sound thick but i havent been on here long and it might have been an older post or that they said they would) does it help if they do??
At least you are going to go elsewhere for your next cycle xx Good luck with that. and yes i hope we all get our bfp's with next round :happydance:

tc xx

Praying your embie thaws perfectly, hun!!!

About the antibiotics, I wasn't poorly, but I've read that a number of doctors include this in the protocol, to make sure you have no infection that can affect implantation. It's mainly just a precaution, but I've heard that it's a good precaution to take.

Good luck sweetie. Do you have a date for your FET yet?

tc xx

Praying your embie thaws perfectly, hun!!!

About the antibiotics, I wasn't poorly, but I've read that a number of doctors include this in the protocol, to make sure you have no infection that can affect implantation. It's mainly just a precaution, but I've heard that it's a good precaution to take.

Good luck sweetie. Do you have a date for your FET yet?

Ooh ive never heard of that before, it makes you wonder sometimes if they do really know what they are doing (joke), different clinics around the world do different procedures (no wonder we get confused with it all lol xx:winkwink:) my af is due around the 14th jan i think so ive got to ring them then due to the drugs ive got to take im assuming i wont ovulate and that they will do something to my lining of my womb to get it ready for them to put the embreo back in !!! (im still confused about it) so it could be around the end of the month (well im hoping so :p )

when are you due for yours??

Ooh ive never heard of that before, it makes you wonder sometimes if they do really know what they are doing (joke), different clinics around the world do different procedures (no wonder we get confused with it all lol xx:winkwink:) my af is due around the 14th jan i think so ive got to ring them then due to the drugs ive got to take im assuming i wont ovulate and that they will do something to my lining of my womb to get it ready for them to put the embreo back in !!! (im still confused about it) so it could be around the end of the month (well im hoping so :p )

when are you due for yours??

I'm hoping to start early next month, on day 21 of my next cycle (on the long protocol) :thumbup:. Hoping your AF shows right on time! LOL! It's funny how we're now looking forward to old hag :witch:

Good luck hun :hugs:

Hi Isi. I got some bad news this morning. I rang my fertility clinic because my af still hasnt shown up yet and it is now 6 days late. I wanted to know would this throw off my dates for my second round of ICSI and the answer is yes :( I just cant believe it. I was so excited to have my dates and now the whole thing has been thrown up in the air. If my af doesnt show up by the middle of next week I have to ring the clinic and go in to have an assessment scan and probably take something to bring on my af!! This is not fair!!! Stupid af!!! When i dont want it to come, it comes and now when i want it to come, it wont!!!! So annoyed!!! The nurse asked me did i do a pregnancy test but I havent cause there's no point as both my tubes are blocked!!! Dont know if miracles can happen and if my tubes could magically unblock!!! Maybe i should do a test to put my mind at rest???? What a load of sh*t!!!!!!! Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi Isi. I got some bad news this morning. I rang my fertility clinic because my af still hasnt shown up yet and it is now 6 days late. I wanted to know would this throw off my dates for my second round of ICSI and the answer is yes :( I just cant believe it. I was so excited to have my dates and now the whole thing has been thrown up in the air. If my af doesnt show up by the middle of next week I have to ring the clinic and go in to have an assessment scan and probably take something to bring on my af!! This is not fair!!! Stupid af!!! When i dont want it to come, it comes and now when i want it to come, it wont!!!! So annoyed!!! The nurse asked me did i do a pregnancy test but I havent cause there's no point as both my tubes are blocked!!! Dont know if miracles can happen and if my tubes could magically unblock!!! Maybe i should do a test to put my mind at rest???? What a load of sh*t!!!!!!! Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh no, Wishful!!! So sorry hun :hugs:. I can imagine how gutted you must feel! So sorry hun! But let's not rule out the possibility of a miracle :bfp:. Go ahead and test hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->