IVF - Marvelon Birth Control Pill Side Effects

hollyhopeful2

Twin Mom
Reaction score
I'm nearly done the 27 days on birth control for our first IVF - Has anyone else experienced diahrea, nausea and headaches with the birthcontrol pill? I have not been on birthcontrol for 26 years! I havent' even started my injections yet (tomorrow night) and now I'm worried about what those side effects are going to be like! This is our first IVF....Whatever the side effects are I'm going to put on my big-girl panties and take it like a man!

I'm just curious about others' experiences?

This is my fifth day on BCP and I feel moody and really aggressive. The few times I was on the pill in my twenties this was the reason I stopped taking them. Knowing that the stims will be worse I just keeping apologizing to my husband and letting him know it's not me it's the pills:)

I hear ya! I've only experienced side effects in the past couple of weeks; anxiety throught the roof - nausea and slight diahrea. I haven't been able to eat much today because I feel so sick. I get spooked about symptoms (I'm a severe hypochondriac) and hope someone else can tell me if they felt similar symptoms on bc!! Thankfully only 5 more days. :)

Ok, upon googling the brand of bc I am on (Marvelon) I have discovered alot of people in the same position as me! Tons of ladies have said it is the worst bc they have ever been on and alot of doctors will not prescribe it any longer. Side effects include severe headaches, loss of sex drive, nausea, skin breakouts, extreme anxiety and depression. Holy Crap! I thought I was going insane! I wake up in a panic attack in the mornings and don't know why I feel so depressed and negative when I should be on top of the world for starting IVF. Now at least I can tell myself it is only the pill. I take it at night but still feel nausea all day long. The all day nausea only started a few days ago. Hopefully it goes away when I stop the pill.

Anyone else have an experience with Marvelon?

Hi girls, I'm currently on Marvelon before I start injections, have been for a couple of cycles now :( and the depression/anxiety is horrible! I'm normally such happy lively person but these pills seem to bring out a snappy impatient little monster in me. Im just so grateful to have such a patient hubby! My boobies are also agony the last few days and seem to have got larger (but maybe the size thing is down to all those mince pies lol!)

So sorry to hear about your anxiety Heathette :(

My anxiety is also very bad and seems to come on all of a sudden. I try to talk myself down from it saying "c'mon princess!! It's only the pill! It's not real! You are going to be ok" but it doesn't always work.

Any nausea? My nausea is absolutely horrible. It started around the 3rd week. I can barely manage half an apple and a pb sandwich with some gatrorade per day. Thank god only 4 more days...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->