IVF - Meeting Nurses today.

Dilek

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm meeting the nurses to commence my IVF treatment today :happydance:. Can anyone help me in what to expect? What happens? I'm anxious and I cant believe its my appointment is today :blush:

I can't help you with what to expect but i wanted to wish you loads of luck! :hugs:

I can't tell you either but I have my IVF planning appointment tomorrow so if you get time today would be great to hear how it all went as like you i am curious as to know. So excitiing isn't it.xxx

If you have time, have a peek into my journal where I have it jotted it down there.

It lasted for 30min and I think because I have already seen my FS 3 times in the last 3 months I already had a vague idea in what my treatment would be.
Basically, she went through the whole procedure. I am going to start on day 21 of my imaginary cycle.

She described the whole treatment, she organised my next appointments. She gave us all the consent forms and confirmed we have 3 free cycles. She also was really nice in explaining and not putting on any pressure for how many embryos can be put back.

So far this is what's happening.

13/05 going to have a blood test
14/05 base line scan to confirm my lining has thinned out (I had a scan yesterday and I am ready to go now). I will also meet the nurse again, and she will show me how to do the injections.
15/05 I start stimulating my ovaries with 2 injections a day (she commented at night), 1 was menapur I can't remember the other 1.
I will have approx 2 scans to check the follies and progress
10-12 days later have egg retrieval
2-5 days after egg transfer
2 weeks after a blood test to see if it works.

She was really nice, I felt comfortable to ask questions and she explained this whole embryo dividing and how that all worked.

I am excited but as usual in denial about the whole thing. I was so excited, and cant wait for 8 weeks according to plan that if im pregnant or not.

HI Hun,

Just wondering seen as you are in London if you are under hammersmith Hospital at all??

Soooooooooo excited for you.

i had my initial meeting at the Hammersmith Hospital yesterday and am waiting for my funding to come through - but the doctor said I should expect to start treatment in July - so wont be long after you. BFP's for summer!!!!!!

bx x x x:hugs:

Oh hun, YAY for both of us. Im at Homerton Hospital, not in a very nice area but the fertility department has been a good experience so far. How many cycles do you get? I think Hammersmith do alot of IVfs dont they? Homerton are low on there numbers. But PMA all the way. I hope it does work. Do you have a journal?

Hi hun,

Yes i do have a jnl - I resurrected it today - as I took a break from BnB earlier this year cos I thought I was going to have to wait till 2010 for treatment - but amazingly it has all gone crazy fast!

I get three free goes to - feel soooooo fortunate - I felt so miserable about having to have to wait for treatment till I had been TTC for three years - cos we are unexplained - but someone was definitely watching over us - cos as we reached the three year mark in April our PCT changed to three free goes - so it as definitely meant to be as if they had given us the treatment sooner we'd only have had the one.

hammersmith is a nice looking hospital - but tube stations are miles away so its a bit of a trek and its right next to - as in RIGHT next door to-wormwood scrubs - the inmates can look into the wards!!!

bx x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"