IVF now my only hope

tessjs

Reaction score
I have posted this on assisted conception but wanted to let other s know of my plight on this forum too... My only option left is IVF been told thats it... and of course no gurantee of success... FS wasn't surprised by low AMH and didn't even care about fsh, of course he wouldn't as he wants that to be the case so he can get the money:( he was incredibly nice but was all about IVF and just didin;t go much into the whya nd the wheres of why my results are so bad..which are 1.6 amh, and 6... for fsh.

says my age is the issue and that its good I am having regular cyles right after the long term use of the pill quizzed me on my history which is unevetful:(

i am more confused and down then ever..

i literally cannot afford IVF:(

I do not know how old you are but your results seem ok, 6 for fsh is good. I have no idea why your doc thinks IVF is your only option. Do you have a male factor? can you get a second opinion?

Just keep ttc. Try to use OPK's so that you can confirm you BD at the correct time, try softcups, CoQ10 etc. and I'd def do what Briss is suggesting and get a second opinion. This guy sounds like he's out to make money with that sort of advice.

I do not know how old you are but your results seem ok, 6 for fsh is good. I have no idea why your doc thinks IVF is your only option. Do you have a male factor? can you get a second opinion?

I', 38 :(

There could be a male factor as hubbys morphology was 2 and it should be <4
hubby had chemo at 14 i think thats what he could be concerned about.The FS was nice but basically said I have no time to waste disregarded my FSH says its means nothing and of course 1.6 of amh is low but he thinks that would be expecected at my age.

so I can only think hes out to make money and maybe the second fertility issue hanging over my hubby... all his other results were good on his test... and the FS was surprised they were that good after he had chemo at 14...FS wants to check the DNA in his sperm have no idea what this means.

I would have to go through the whole process again getting referrals..but maybe I should ..my gut feeling was like OMG it was so quick to jump to IVF...
But as you mentioned maybe its because of hubby....as well

I responded on your other thread in assisted conception

Sorry to hear that Briss. I too have been told to go for IVF. I was ttc for 9 months and had AMH of 3.1. The month after I recieved this news, I fell pregnant natuarlly but sadly m/c at 9+1.

Went back to FS and was told I would be put on the list for IVF and in the meantime to try a few private cycles. This was an NHS appointment but have found out the FS has just set up a clinic working in conjuction with another clinic. Trying to make money.....perhaps??? The others could be right

Try for a second opinion for peace of mind. I am doing the same in Jan thanks to the help I have received on here

Sorry to hear that Briss. I too have been told to go for IVF. I was ttc for 9 months and had AMH of 3.1. The month after I recieved this news, I fell pregnant natuarlly but sadly m/c at 9+1.

Went back to FS and was told I would be put on the list for IVF and in the meantime to try a few private cycles. This was an NHS appointment but have found out the FS has just set up a clinic working in conjuction with another clinic. Trying to make money.....perhaps??? The others could be right

Try for a second opinion for peace of mind. I am doing the same in Jan thanks to the help I have received on here

Somebody mentioned natutral IVF i think they mean acupuncture etc chinese herbs but I can't see a good clinic that does acupuncture till jan 17 unbleieveable everybody is shutting down:( I really need more info before then...

I can't believe they are just shove you to IVF at a drop of a hat:(

Hello - My understanding is that natural IVF is minus the drugs. You dont have to have acu/herbs with IVF and in fact some clinics advise you to stay away from chinese herbs when having treatment. Moreoever, acu has a cumulative effect on eggs, uterus health/lining etc so ideally you would want to have a longer term treatment plan in place before commencing IVF. Although, there are many ladies on this forum who have plenty of experience on this so may advise otherwise.

Blythe is right, natural cycle ivf is nothing to do with acu/herbs, it's the very first type of IVF that was performed in the 70th before ovarian stimulation was invented. https://www.createhealth.org/ivf-treatment-services/ivf-treatments/natural-cycle-ivf not many clinics practice it cos it cheaper and demands lots of attention from the personnel, they need to monitor your cycle closely and not miss your ovulation and retrieve your egg just before it's ready to pop. it's easier for them to control your cycle when you are medicated but the meds sometimes do not work for over 35 with low ovarian reserve

hubby had chemo at 14 i think thats what he could be concerned about.The FS was nice but basically said I have no time to waste disregarded my FSH says its means nothing and of course 1.6 of amh is low but he thinks that would be expecected at my age.

so I can only think hes out to make money and maybe the second fertility issue hanging over my hubby... all his other results were good on his test... and the FS was surprised they were that good after he had chemo at 14...FS wants to check the DNA in his sperm have no idea what this means.

I would have to go through the whole process again getting referrals..but maybe I should ..my gut feeling was like OMG it was so quick to jump to IVF...

My partner is going for fertility tests in January because he had chemo when he was 16 for leukaemia...he was told at 16 that there was nothing worth keeping in regards to his sperm then (but he had already undergone treatment)...do you think the chemo has affected his spermies? I guess there's no way of telling-is there? (Well, besides from the actual test)...

Just wanted to reply cos i think ok going to be in the same boat as you re ivf...

My partner is going for fertility tests in January because he had chemo when he was 16 for leukaemia...he was told at 16 that there was nothing worth keeping in regards to his sperm then (but he had already undergone treatment)...do you think the chemo has affected his spermies? I guess there's no way of telling-is there? (Well, besides from the actual test)...

Just wanted to reply cos i think ok going to be in the same boat as you re ivf...

I dunno i got a strong feeling the FS was really thinking about my hubbys past..Its bad enough I have issues... but now with the hubby being a prob anything could happen... i can't understand how having at chemo at 14 could still affect sperm this far down the track?

I know chemo affects eggs but this is cos we have all our eggs and wont produce any new ones but men are able to produce new sperm all the time so I am really not sure what is FS's concern

I know chemo affects eggs but this is cos we have all our eggs and wont produce any new ones but men are able to produce new sperm all the time so I am really not sure what is FS's concern

maybe i am wrong..but one of his results was low the morphology was 2 and it should be <4..something like that...maybe ist all me that hes worried about..what you have said i agree with you can produce new sperm so how could chemo affect all these years later???its not like he had chemo yesterday...???? very odd:(

"Recent research found a daily dose of the tea reduced oxidative stress status in radiology staff that were exposed to persistent low-dose radiation during work. After only 30 days of taking the tea daily researchers found Lemon balm tea resulted in a significant improvement in plasma levels of catalase, superoxide dismutase, and glutathione peroxidase and a marked reduction in plasma DNA damage, myeloperoxidase, and lipid peroxidation.[23]"
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_officinalis

I don't know if there's anything one can do 15 years after the damage has occurred but antioxidants are worth a try and Lemon Balm is a particularly effective little herb with really nice side effects (enhanced memory, peaceful sleep, stress reduction, produces a calming mood).

Hi, hope you don't mind me reading your post.

It can be very difficult to know what the truth is, my DH and I went to an NHS DR, who told us our SA was fine(1 % morphology and borderline motility) and that we should try clomid for 6 cycles, I ovulate fine on my own and clomid is in induce ovulation... incase you don't know.. I googled like mad and read that 1% morph was very bad especially when motility was borderline... so the next week we went to private clinic in London and paid to see the top DR there, she told us that we could never conceive on our own and we def would need not only IVF but ICSI, which would cost £1000.00 more than standard IVF. We were about to go ahead and pay the £5k but I got really depressed with the TTC and convinced myself why bother it would never work for me anyway... nothing had ever worked, i'd not been carefull since around age 21 and no accidents ever happend, no DR could give me any answer or any explanation whats so ever.. I lost all faith in DRs.. this September I got to to the top of the NHS waiting list for IVF.. there was funding for me but i had to take it quickly... I did it.. and it worked! first time! I remained depressed for weeks, not being able to take it in after so many years of dissapointment.. The thing is, we had standard IVF not ICSI I had 18 eggs and they all fertilised, we eneded up with 5 top grade blastocysts. Tthe private DR told us my DHs sperm could not fertilize my eggs... she was proven wrong though, as they did. I belive her advice was influenced by money. I alos belive the NHS DR's sent us away to try and save money, hoping we'd go private while we waited when they could have helped us ages ago.. waiting list is 3 years here....

My point is they don't fully understand infertilty and money plays a big role in what they will tell you. You can try and get a second opinion but whos to say another clinic won't do the same, they are a business after all and the main aim for them is profit I'm afraid.

You never know you could still fall naturally... I never could, but IVF was a small price to pay to finally be pregnant.

I wish you the best of luck, i know what despair you must be feelign right now, it nearly tipped me over the edge ...

WOW, what an inspiring story. I hope hope hope I'm able to get an amazing 18 eggs with such a great number of quality blasts like you did. Holding up coffee cup here's to fertility and babies in 2013.

Wow Sophe so you got your baby can i ask how old you were?

Its a bit different in australia i guess.. but yes the cost of it is scaring me and when they go in what will they find any eggs at alL .

I dunno what to do whether to get a second opinion or just give it a ago..maybe with my hubby having had chemo he may never be able to fertilise my eggs if I have any..i mean who knows what could be going on...

I am the same I'v e never even been close to being pregnat no scares no mishaps... gosh I so want to conceive naturally it sjust prob not in our cards..

wow don't know how to make the decision:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->