IVF success when overweight

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
Hi I'm currently being referred to the clinic for IVF treatment and the first time we saw the gynaecologist he told me I could do with losing a couple of kg. That was before Christmas and I since managed to gain a few lbs over Christmas :dohh: and am now trying hard to eat healthily to lose some weight but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I don't want to diet too strictly but just try to eat 3 healthy meals a day and not snack. I also walk to and from work which is 40 mins walking each way. Thinking of also restarting doing some of my fitness dvds at home. Maybe my Zumba one. Anyways my BMI is about 27 which I know isn't that high but it's still overweight. I just wanted to know what has been people's stories with ivf when overweight and we're you successful or not? Some success stories would be great as would help put my anxiety at ease.

My BMI was 29 with my cycle. it's 29 now. I have friends which bmis of 35 who've been successful.

My BMI was just over 26 and I got a BFP after both cycles. I now have a 6 month old boy as a result of our 2nd cycle.

Thank you! I was probably being silly but a bit of reassurance does help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->