IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubu you should be able to have your own baby! My dh said we should adopt and I said no I want to carry my own child! So I understand. Those age restrictions are crazy though in Germany and I can't believe donor eggs are illegal :( I wish things were more straight forward for you.

I think the donor egg thing stems from the Nazi time, when Hitler + his people wanted to ethnically cleanse. They are trying to keep "influencing" your children to a limit. When I argued the point that donor sperm is no different ... the doctor agreed. He also said that it would be a legal issue here as to who the Mother would be - i.e. the egg donor would probably be the Mother, even if I were to carry and birth the child.

Sorry I haven't been on and writing lately, I've been following everyone making sure Alls well. Stinas, mo glad everything is going ok so far. Is the time passing quickly for you both?

Buba, I'm really sorry to hear what your going through. Life just isn't fair. I was praying that this would be your turn and sorry it hasn't worked out. Sending you lots of hugs x x

I'm doing well, just tired at the moment. I finish work tomorrow for Christmas then only have three weeks in the new year. Did anyone have terrible indigestion at 33 weeks?

Love to all, and will write more as soon as I get the chance x x x

Appt today was good; funneling gone! Go back next week. I get to schedule my c section in 3 weeks!! So excited!!

I'm having a c section at 37 weeks so they will let me schedule it at 28 weeks (get on the books). My post sounded like I'm having it in 3 weeks which I'm not lol. So In 3 weeks I'll have my official delivery date!

Bubu: Thinking of you today! :hugs:

Mobaby: Glad to hear your appointment went well. That is a Cute new baby MO pic on Facebook!

Purchasing donor eggs is illegal here too. You can use them as long as they are truly donated and no monies were exchanged. It's really hard to get a clinic to do it though because they are always fearing you're breaking the law. My clinic said they would need to do extensive interviews with the donor to consider it. I don't get it either not many people would donate without getting money so mostly you can only do it if a family member will do it for you.

If you go out of the country and have the ivf w/donor.. Is that okay?

bubu - I completely understand wanting to have your own baby and you should!!! WOW, those age restrictions are insane.

Mo - YAY for no more funneling and awesome you get to get a date soon :) Makes it sooo much more real having that date.

Hi Likkle! I had indesigestion and heart burn throughout; no fun! Glad things are going well.

Michelle thanks hun! Have you got any ideas what I can have to settle it? Gaviscon is awful! Tastes like chalk!!!

You can do the donor IVF out of the country, you just can't buy the eggs out of the country and do it here. I'm assuming the same would apply in Germany.

Likkle: I had it too and took Prevacid. It was a prescription pill that you take daily. It has no taste to it.

Thanks Jen! Seeing my GP on Monday, so will ask her if she'll prescribe that or something similar

Hi ladies. Just got back from scan. Baby b boy is perfect baby a girl has a two vessel placenta. She's measuring one day behind which is good. Doc said right now it's not anything to worry about. We will keep eye on it.
Anyone have or hear anything about this? I can't help but be worried.

Thanks Jen! Seeing my GP on Monday, so will ask her if she'll prescribe that or something similar

prevacid can be purchased over the counter now. So I would try it now instead of waiting until monday.

Stinas: I think azlissie's baby had a 2 vessel cord?

Bubu: My heart is breaking for you. :hugs: I noticed in your signature your results from today. I'm so sorry you didn't get good news. :cry: Just wanted you to know that we are all here for you. <3 <3

Bubu, I am so, so sorry. I just can't understand why people who want babies so badly have such a hard time & yet there are so many unappreciated "accidental" babies. It's so unfair & my heart breaks for you. I totally understand your desire to experience pregnancy & I really, really hope something will work out for you. I know you r said your clinic is the best in your area but do you think there would be any merit in seeking a second opinion?

Stinas, Mo is right - Dawson had a two vessel cord. I know they really checked his kidneys very closely because 2 vessel cords can sometimes be associated with kidney issues but his are totally perfect. I don't know for sure if it caused him to be so small but he was diagnosed with iugr at 33 weeks. They had me doing twice weekly non-stress tests & I had more frequent appointments but you'll probably be doing that anyway with twins. In the research I did I found that lots of 2 vessel babies are big & completely healthy at birth so for most it seems to not be a problem at all. I think they'll just want to watch baby girl's growth more closely. Try not to worry about it too much although I know it's hard!

Thanks az!!! It upset me! She's measuring fine right now. I will be there every 3 weeks regardless so they will just look at it more closely.
Her kidneys and liver looked fine. One part of her heart looks a little narrow they said, but she was curled up, so they will check that out when I go for fetal echo in jan. As of right now her measurements are perfect.
It's hard not to worry.

Bubu - I am absolutely crushed about your results today. I had prayed so hard for good news for you. I wish I could be there for you to comfort you. :flower: :hugs:

Bubu: I'm sorry you're feeling so defeated you have been so positive throughout this and I have always admired your optimism. This isn't fair one bit. I'm still holding out hope for you tomorrow. I hate to see you give up. There are other options you can explore when you are feeling up to it. You can become a mommy and it would be horrible that in the end of all this that wasn't the outcome. So please don't give up. :hugs:

MrsC: That sucks! Mine aren't great sleepers either, never have been but it's not as bad as you described. :hugs:

It hasn't gotten better either. I don't know what it's going to be like when hubby goes back to work on the 26th. I'm already feeling like a zombie just dealing with Emma's crappy sleep. Add Ava's waking to that and I'm going to be a wreck. I'm starting to think that she's having bad dreams. Hubby says what could she possibly have bad dreams about. :shrug: I don't know... just grasping at straws I guess. It all started when she got sick. Thankfully he took Emma last night so I could get a few extra hours sleep.

Oh Bubu, I am sooo terribly heartbroken for you. You certainly have been through so much and deserve more then anything to be a mommy!!! I know how exhausting going through this is and I couldn't imagine the financial impact this has had on you and your DH. What about adoption? Is that a thought? We are all here for you, no matter what :hugs:

Stinas - Carpel tunnel sucks! I had surgery in both hands for it and it is so painful at times. Good luck with your gestational diabetes test!! how are you feeling these days?

Kathy - Thinking about you :hugs:

Things are going pretty good with me; FINALLY past being sick after 3 weeks :wacko: Its been nice that Tyler has his break right now from both schools and activities, so I don't feel like I am running around with my head cut off. I am not lucky enough to get any time off though next week :( I only have xmas day off, but I am not complaining since I was out of work for 12 weeks. Actually hoping to spend a nice quiet day next Wednesday at home with just our family!

We plan to go to DH's mom/dad house Tuesday night. His dad had emergency surgery Tuesday because his artery was 95% blocked; talk about scary!! And with his brother in the dying stages :( his poor mom is stressed out right now. SO we decided to have a small get together Tuesday night and spend the day home Wednesday. I am actually looking forward to it. And work will be quiet too the following days.

I'm glad you guys are all feeling better. I hope you have a good and relaxing Christmas!

Appt today was good; funneling gone! Go back next week. I get to schedule my c section in 3 weeks!! So excited!!

:happydance: Amazing news!!

Hi ladies. Just got back from scan. Baby b boy is perfect baby a girl has a two vessel placenta. She's measuring one day behind which is good. Doc said right now it's not anything to worry about. We will keep eye on it.
Anyone have or hear anything about this? I can't help but be worried.

Sounds like Az helped you out here. She's right about the NST's (non-stress tests). You will have a ton of them most likely. Maybe ask your OB when those will start now? I always enjoyed mine even though they were a pain. It's hard to get both babies on the monitor because once the person setting you up finds them both, usually one if not both babies will kick it off. :haha: I could listen to their heartbeats for hours though. :cloud9:

Bubu~ I'm so sorry. :hugs:

AFM~ The girls say Santa last night. They did such a great job. No crying at all which was amazing. Ava was her usual little flirty self and Emma just wanted to pull the poor guys beard. :haha:

Attachments

• Washington Squ_20131220_000013_P.jpg
    Washington Squ_20131220_000013_P.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members