IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SND~ It sounds like things are going very well. When do you go back for your next scan? As for the shooting pain, I didn't end up doing IVF. We went a different route so I don't have anything to offer on that but I hope someone can tell you if they have had that or not.

Bubu~ How did things go?

Well ladies I didn't really get an answer as to why it won't load but Wobbles did give an option. We can close this thread and start a new one. There would be a link to this one although we wouldn't be able to post in this thread anymore. I would take the info from the first page and just move it to the other one to see if that helps. You ladies please let me know what you would like to do. Seems like we broke the thread with so many pages. :haha:

MrsC - that works for me!! I don't post as often on here as often as others, but whatever you do, I will follow ;)

Hope everyone is doing good!!!

Lol MrsC! Go us!! Is this one of the longest threads I wonder?

Bubu - good luck hon :hugs:

SND - sounds like you're right on track! :thumbup: I didn't have any shooting pains I don't think (not that I remember anyway, sometimes it all seems like a bit of a blur!) I had more general overall achiness but everyone's different. If it's very sore maybe give them a ring to ask just in case you're having a bit of a reaction to one of the meds?

SND - that sounds like good development to me, concerning your follies ... and I am pretty sure that number will increase a bit by the time of your ER. Shooting pains I haven't had near my belly button for any of the tries, but like Getting says, everyone's different.

Heidi - that would be fine for me too - being able to see the first page and then continue the conversations, I guess it doesn't really matter where we do that... Wow - we really must have broken some record :)

So the doctor really took his time with us yesterday. In his opinion, this really just is a case of embryos that are chromosomally abnormal and that they for this reason just don't carry on developing / it doesn't lead to a viable pregnancy. He says it is impossible to know whether this is due to the really poor quality of sperm - or if perhaps my eggs contribute to it.
Both of us are chromosomally normal - however that doesn't mean that our "produce" has to be. It is a question of chance really and we have so far just been unbelievably unlucky. He does believe it will work, that we are on a good track, since for our last two tries, our embryo development has been so much better than for all the other 6, so we are doing something right.
He showed us a study of a lady, quite a bit younger than me, who had had 2 miscarriages, followed by a baby, followed by 4 miscarriages. She was tested to see how her chromosomes are and it turned out that two (#4 and #14) were abnormal. For her, that made no difference, but it clearly seemed to have an effect when she wanted to have children. So they stimmed her, managed to get 5 blastocysts, which they then did PID on. Turned out, that for four of the embryos, there were some chromosomal abnormalities (one had chromosome #9, another had #2, #4, #14, a third had all sorts, only including #14 and a fourth was all over the place) - the 5th was healthy and that turned into her baby - it worked. But the analysis of their "produce" showed, that there wasn't a link between her abnormal chromosomes, since the result of their chromosomes was totally different.

Now we had already considered doing PID for us - however a) they can only be done on blastocysts and our history of blastocysts hasn't been that great and b) our clinic can't get the genetic analysis done in 24 hours which means that it can't be a fresh transfer ... and based on all our tries, it is very clear that our frozen embryo development has been significantly worse than fresh development - and we want to avoid freezing and thawing if we can. Our doctor also said that PID is horrendously expensive, so at this point he wouldn't recommend it. Especially, if he looks that the first few tries that we had, what was transferred really didn't have that good a chance and it is only our last couple of tries that we should "count" - which would mean, that I am still well within the statistics of how many blastocysts and average woman my age needs to get pregnant.
Finally, he recommended that DH go see a different urologist to see whether he recommends doing a PESE / mTESE - just in case the developmental issues are linked to how poor the sperm is. DH just rang that he has an appointment at this other urologist next week Friday.

So I have the prescriptions for the meds ... after AF comes, I will start stimming again on day three (seeing that I ovulated day before yesterday, I guess that is in roughly two weeks, give or take a day or two).

Bubu that sounds like a good plan. Is your dr changing the protocol? Our new re we were going with but didn't said that even though some sperm come out in men w/bad sperm it's not good and better coming from the testicle. So like you if we were going to do a full stim we were going to do a tese at time or er (mtese was 7k and not synced with me vs 1500 for tese). Re said men who can make some speem usually have some in the tese.

I was just testing to see if actually posting here would make any difference to the loading of this thread for me (someone reported its loading slowly), but its still loading fine for me. As Wobbles said, the best solution would be to open a new thread :flower:

It's the first page (actually first few) which load slowly. After page 4 they load fine

Yes, the first page is the one we keep trying, but it still loads instantly for all the team. That is why I was looking if having a post in the thread made a difference to the first page loading (but it hasn't, it still loads instantly)

That's interesting! I can't even get onto the first page :( 1st and 2nd pages don't load, I can get on from 3rd. :flower:

@ Mo - the stimming protocol will remain the same (I respond really well to it). It was his thinking, that if they could retrieve sperm directly from the testes, that that might make the difference (since what he ejaculates is either non-existent - or when existent, not motile or barely motile). The previous urologist was concerned that they might not find anything in the TESE, because sometimes he produces (very little, but there) and sometimes he doesn't. And he scared the xxxx out of DH, because he said that the TESE could leave him without enough testosterone, that he would have to inject for the rest of his life / even without a testicle. He has said if anything, doing an mTESE. Our RE yesterday said, there is the option of PESE (which this new urologist does do) and also was quite angry about what the other urologist had said (incidentally, the old urologist doesn't even practice doing TESE any more).
I am a bit concerned that - since DH is only going to the urologist next Friday, that we might not (if he suggests doing the PESE / mTESE / TESE) have it in time for the ER. Don't know how quickly he can get us in. He could have had an appointment tomorrow, as someone had cancelled, but because he has a different doctor's appointment in the morning, he didn't want to go to another doctor after that and miss work (I was quite upset, because it meant that the next appointment is next Friday - the urologist does "talking" appointments only Fridays). But ... whatever. Perhaps I am worrying for nothing :)

MrsC I've cleared my cookies and history on my laptop and it now loads! Check that everyone, might work then! :)

MrsC I've cleared my cookies and history on my laptop and it now loads! Check that everyone, might work then! :)

I agree with doing this. If you cleared your cookies and history before the spoiler was added , it might continue not to work, so please clear again :flower:

Bubu I had no clue the tese could dec testosterone! My dh always has something in his samples (last one there were 26, yep 26 sperm in the entire 2.5mL) so that's why they thought it would work. Hopefully coordination works out for him to have it sooner than later.

Page doesn't load for me after clearing cookies or history

Well - I guess it just doesn't work for me :( Cookies, Cache etc. cleared, but I can't load the first page :(

@ Mo - well, if they remove too much tissue / something goes wrong (our RE was really angry, that the urologist was such a horror monger - it is really a worst case scenario - I mean, at ER, all sorts of things can go wrong)... highly unlikely scenario :)

Bubu - I am glad to see you are starting again. Hope that switching to a new urologist for DH helps. I know you have been through so much already! Heres to starting out 2014 right for you and DH :)

Lol MrsC! Go us!! Is this one of the longest threads I wonder?

Bubu - good luck hon :hugs:

SND - sounds like you're right on track! :thumbup: I didn't have any shooting pains I don't think (not that I remember anyway, sometimes it all seems like a bit of a blur!) I had more general overall achiness but everyone's different. If it's very sore maybe give them a ring to ask just in case you're having a bit of a reaction to one of the meds?

We do have the most replies in the assisted section. :winkwink:

SND - that sounds like good development to me, concerning your follies ... and I am pretty sure that number will increase a bit by the time of your ER. Shooting pains I haven't had near my belly button for any of the tries, but like Getting says, everyone's different.

Heidi - that would be fine for me too - being able to see the first page and then continue the conversations, I guess it doesn't really matter where we do that... Wow - we really must have broken some record :)

So the doctor really took his time with us yesterday. In his opinion, this really just is a case of embryos that are chromosomally abnormal and that they for this reason just don't carry on developing / it doesn't lead to a viable pregnancy. He says it is impossible to know whether this is due to the really poor quality of sperm - or if perhaps my eggs contribute to it.
Both of us are chromosomally normal - however that doesn't mean that our "produce" has to be. It is a question of chance really and we have so far just been unbelievably unlucky. He does believe it will work, that we are on a good track, since for our last two tries, our embryo development has been so much better than for all the other 6, so we are doing something right.
He showed us a study of a lady, quite a bit younger than me, who had had 2 miscarriages, followed by a baby, followed by 4 miscarriages. She was tested to see how her chromosomes are and it turned out that two (#4 and #14) were abnormal. For her, that made no difference, but it clearly seemed to have an effect when she wanted to have children. So they stimmed her, managed to get 5 blastocysts, which they then did PID on. Turned out, that for four of the embryos, there were some chromosomal abnormalities (one had chromosome #9, another had #2, #4, #14, a third had all sorts, only including #14 and a fourth was all over the place) - the 5th was healthy and that turned into her baby - it worked. But the analysis of their "produce" showed, that there wasn't a link between her abnormal chromosomes, since the result of their chromosomes was totally different.

Now we had already considered doing PID for us - however a) they can only be done on blastocysts and our history of blastocysts hasn't been that great and b) our clinic can't get the genetic analysis done in 24 hours which means that it can't be a fresh transfer ... and based on all our tries, it is very clear that our frozen embryo development has been significantly worse than fresh development - and we want to avoid freezing and thawing if we can. Our doctor also said that PID is horrendously expensive, so at this point he wouldn't recommend it. Especially, if he looks that the first few tries that we had, what was transferred really didn't have that good a chance and it is only our last couple of tries that we should "count" - which would mean, that I am still well within the statistics of how many blastocysts and average woman my age needs to get pregnant.
Finally, he recommended that DH go see a different urologist to see whether he recommends doing a PESE / mTESE - just in case the developmental issues are linked to how poor the sperm is. DH just rang that he has an appointment at this other urologist next week Friday.

So I have the prescriptions for the meds ... after AF comes, I will start stimming again on day three (seeing that I ovulated day before yesterday, I guess that is in roughly two weeks, give or take a day or two).

I'm glad you will be getting started again soon. Sounds like you guys went over a bunch of different things. As for the TESE my DH has had a couple and he has never had any issues with it. If your DH does it I would highly suggest telling him to require being put to sleep for it. DH had one while awake and one while asleep (previous marriage). He said the one while he was awake was a living hell and he would never do anything like that again. The one while he was asleep went well and he was in a pain for a few days but up and walking around that same day so it wasn't horrible. Fx they can get him in soon enough for your cycle. Can he be put on a cancellation list?

Calm~ Thank you for checking. I have no idea why its loading for you guys but not for us. :flower:

Ok ladies tomorrow I will start a new thread and have this one close. I want to give everyone a chance to see that it will be moving. I will copy and paste the first page in a spoiler to the new thread. Feel free to copy and past anything you would like that has been talked about in the last few days as well. That might help us stay on track. :thumbup: I will also go and post on the Facebook page that we will be starting a new one just incase others don't have a chance to get on before tomorrow. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"