IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SND - HIIIIIIII WELCOME!! Yay for getting started!!! Yeah, opening the first box of meds is a little freaky, but you will get the swing of it in no time! Tons of luck!!!

BUBU - Im sorry its taking soooo long for you. I can only imagine how frustrating it must me after all those tries. Heck, i was frustrated after 4 times. I still do believe it will happen for you. As hard as it is, try to keep your spirits up, don't give up on it!
Maybe you can avoid the first beta….I feel like its just too early, causes too much stress IMO.

SND - :hi: and welcome!!! Keeping everything crossed for you! When do you expect ER to be?

Bubu - :hugs: my heart breaks for you. Nothing about this is fair...

Thank you girls! :hugs: Glad to have finally found a place to fit back in. Limbo land SUCKED and didn't want to "brag" to my azoo sisters still in limbo, ya know!!! Yes we are using donor for ivf, but hubby acts like it's his sperm and no big deal, so Im like YAY! =)

Ok, protocol... follistim and menopur. Then Ganirelex (sp?) later on. 75 follistim and 75 menopur in mornings and 100 follistim at night for now. I was a shaking nervous wreck this morn mixing everything up and about cried in anticipation when hubby was about to stick me... but it wasn't as bad as I thought!!!! Menopur just burned is all. Belly is a lil tender but I'll live. I am NOT looking forward to the bloating since I am extra bloated from the birth control, but I look at it like I'm gonna be bloated for 9 months, so be it! hahaha!!!

Er is set for the 22, but they said it may be sooner?

Thanks again for the warm welcomes and hope everyone is well!!!

Oh menopur stings like crazy!! Ice the spot for 5 minutes beforehand (or longer!) - really helps! :thumbup:

Menopur does sting like crazy! Snd the 22nd is so close!!

So delivery date for me is official!! March 18th :)

Oh and I failed my gestational diabetes testing so I have to do the 3 hour test. I'm so annoyed! I never expected that :(

March 18th!!! That's so close! How many weeks will you be delivering at? You must be so excited to know the birthdate! Just think - from now on you'll be lighting birthday candles every March 18th!

Edit - your baby will be born 6 days after Fia's first birthday!! Where has the year gone?! :wacko:

SND - yeah, menopur burns!!!…but could be worse lol the 22nd is literally around the corner!!!

Mo - Yay for March baby!!! sorry you failed the test….I hear lots of people do. Boo for the 3hr test….I was antsy on the regular one I can only imagine that one.

Saw my twinkies today!!!!!
Baby A (Girl) weighs 1.1lbs and Baby B (Boy) weighs 1.4lbs!
We are super excited baby A is growing on point! That shows she does not care about her 2 vessel cord! lol She was still scrunched up so they couldn't get a good pic to see her heart. Last time they said one of the valves could be a little narrow. She got some shots which rule out a lot of major heart defects, which is a relief. Doc said if anything she may have something minor which will be monitored after birth by a cardiologist. She is a cardiologist, and explained everything, which made us feel better. So overall it went good today…..the big thing is the echocardiogram on monday. Hopefully she gets out of this position she seems to like and they find out its nothing. Im praying for that.
As of right now, as well as 3 weeks ago, she's scrunched up with her ass to Baby B's head lol Pretty funny to see actually.

Thanks girls! I will DEF try the icing thing! :thumbup: Although I think my hubby is getting a kick outta sticking me.... like he is happy someone other than him is getting attacked by needles (he's a dialysis patient)!! :haha:

Mo- March 18?! I remember when you found out! Time sure does fly!!! It'll be here before ya know it!!!

Stinas- You too! I remember you finding out as well! I would have loved to seen the girl with her booty on her brother's head! Epic! That should be a picture to keep for their senior yearbook!!! haha!

I am just so glad to have you girls take me in!!! Doesn't make me feel as lost through all this!!! No one around us has ever been through anything like this and doesn't know what it's like.

:hugs: and much love to all!!!

I'm delivering at 37 weeks :) 67 more days!!!! Eek!!!

Snd - great group of ladies here!! True friends!

Mo - wow!! Crazy!!! But super exciting!!

Mobaby: I failed my first test too! And my three hour test turned into a four hour test because I failed the initial prick test and they made me wait for lab results before I could drink the drink. Horrible for a pregnant lady to have to go that long without food. I did end up passing the test though. I hear many pass it so hopefully you do too! Yeah for March 18th, not much longer!

Snd: Glad to hear you are doing well with the injections. Have you had scan yet to see how you're responding? The 22nd will be hear in no time I found that time flied once I started the meds.

Stinas: Glad to hear the babies are doing great! Especially glad that your strong little girl is growing on schedule. Have you decided on names yet?

Jenn - No…thats still an ongoing argument. Well…we really haven't discussed it again lol

WTF?!! I can't stand two things right now…….People that don't know how to RSVP & People that you don't know that like to randomly ask "so who's family does twins run in?"…like who cares? Lately when people ask me that I tell them we are one of the special ones that did IVF. Then they seem to shut up. hehe

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on in awhile but I've been super busy! Well I told you all about starting the Metformin and losing some weight and was supposed to have my reoccurring miscarriage blood work on the 31st so I could get ready for my 2nd FET this month however we had to cancel the blood work because...........I'm PREGNANT!!! By the grace of God I ovulated with no medication for the first time and with the help of the metformin I got pregnant immediately following my miscarriage. My hcg started a little low (like normal) but have done beautifully and I'm 5 1/2 weeks a long (we are not 100 percent sure because they say it is hard to date a pregnancy that immediately follows a miscarriage right away.) my doctor will schedule an ultrasound for next week! I'm so excited and feel truly blessed, I always hear of miracles happening but never thought I would get a miracle myself. I hope the new year has started well for you ladies and we see lots of beautiful BFP miracles!

Huge congrats!! Sorry I'm a little late. :hugs:

Hi all,

Sorry for going AWOL, have been stalking the thread but not really contributing. I've been so tired for the past few weeks, Christmas and new year was exhausting - mainly because I had my two little sisters one is 4 the other is a dreaded teenager!

The past few days we've had really bad weather here. The stream by my house burst but thankfully (so far) it's not hit our house boundry. Where I used to live when I was a student (Aberystwyth) it's been awful. Brits and the weather eh?

So I've got 5 weeks to go, other than tiredness and terrible indegstion I've been ok. The indegestion is awful, didn't know what it was at first but thankfully doctors got it under control! We had a tour round our maternity suite the other day, I really like the idea of a water birth now I've seen it - has anyone had one before? Although I did have a mini breakdown afterwards wondering what to wear (the midwife said most people go naked which freaked me out a bit which I know is totally daft and irrational!)

Stinas I know what you mean about itchiness! Mine seems to come and go in waves if that makes sense and its been so far only on my stomach and not spread. With movement, I found it was really noticeable around 28 weeks and then it's not all the time x

Mamali - congratulations! He's super cute! Can't wait to hear all the news and labour story

Mo baby looks fab, I think its a boy! Hubby thinks were having a girl I can't wait now, have you been given a date to be induced yet? My scan pic is below - I always thought it was a boy but now I'm not so sure , although definitely got my nose and big feet!

Love to all sorry for missing many of you x x x

I've heard of some people just wearing swim tops. Would that be an option for you? Either way you are almost there!! :happydance:

I had an appointment with my ER yesterday and I am starting FET soon. Waiting for AF to show and then we start.

Fx AF shows up soon!!

May I join you girls?! I know alot of you from the azoo thread.... I am starting my one and only IVF cycle this month...

I go tomorrow for my 1st u/s after finishing birth control and start injections Friday!! Can we say excited/scared/worried all at once!!!!!! I swear when I opened my box of meds I about fainted!

Anyways, hope you don't mind me barging in! :flower:

Welcome!! I remember you from the a zoo thread. :flower: I saw in another post you already started meds! the 22nd will be here before you know it.

@ Stinas - we have our next appointment on the 15th to discuss. To be honest, I am really out of steam and pretty down about this whole process. Everywhere I look, I see people having success ... pregnancy announcement after pregnancy announcement / birth announcement on FB ... any thread I am on, I see BFP ... of course I am happy for all those with successes ... I just feel that all fate is giving me is slaps in the face. I don't see anyone, who has had to face as many tries as we have and is still without a BFP / baby.
Somehow, the belief that has kept me going ... I don't know. I know I can't give up yet ... but somehow, I just don't see this happening. Just completely out of energy... each time, I approach it with optimism, belief that it will happen (being a complete needle-a-phobe, each try costs me a lot of energy) ... only to fall down a million times harder each time. Not to mention the financial aspect...

Oh well, see what he says next week. He has always said that he does think it will work, he just doesn't know how many tries it will take. And our embryos have been getting better with the last tries. But "better embryos" doesn't get me any closer to seeing those figures that I desperately want to see when I go for my beta. It is still the same result : no baby.

@snd80 - that is exciting that you are getting started!! What protocol will you be on? Wishing you heaps of luck! :dust::dust::dust: and a huge welcome to you :)

:hugs: Bubu I'm so sorry that this has been so hard and draining for you. I truly hope that this cycle will be it for you. :hugs:

Menopur does sting like crazy! Snd the 22nd is so close!!

So delivery date for me is official!! March 18th :)

Oh and I failed my gestational diabetes testing so I have to do the 3 hour test. I'm so annoyed! I never expected that :(

:happydance: Not much longer! Here we don't even do a one hour because so many people fail. Its straight to the three hour. I'm sure you'll pass that one.

So far no PUPPS here!…..well…at least as of now. Nurse said it look like pregnancy rash, just to use cortisone and Benadryl.
Jenn - No…thats still an ongoing argument. Well…we really haven't discussed it again lol

WTF?!! I can't stand two things right now…….People that don't know how to RSVP & People that you don't know that like to randomly ask "so who's family does twins run in?"…like who cares? Lately when people ask me that I tell them we are one of the special ones that did IVF. Then they seem to shut up. hehe

Yay for no PUPPS!!

:rofl: I love those questions! Not!! They will only get worse. Just wait until someone asks if they are identical. :haha: The questions have just started so prepare yourself. You will get used to it though and become creative with your answers. I just tell people they were a shock and not in either family. They don't need to know about fertility treatment.

My husband is adopted so I always say we don't know my husbands family history and they usually shut up. Complete strangers will ask you once you start going out with them.

Lol MrsC I get asked EVERY time I go out if they are identical!!!! WTF!!! In your case I do see resemblances in your girls. At least from your pictures if they aren't together I sometimes get confused. If I see them together I can always tell them apart. My two look nothing alike.

The other thing people always do is try and say who they look like. We don't really think either look like us, I sometimes wonder if they switched our embryos, LOL! I wonder if that ever happens, that would be awful!

Jenn I have that fear! I'm like what if the baby comes out another race.. How do we explain that one lol!!

hahhaaha I figured I need to prepare myself for the stupid questions! Like the "are they twins" I'm ok with because heck, I've asked it myself…..little did I know it would be me someday. The whole "are they identical"…..like hello, two different sexes..hmmmmm….i don't think so lol. People I am around all the time I am trying to teach them a thing or two lol

Mo - lol I have always thought that myself.

*lol* Jenn - the funny thing is, you don't even have two of the same sex ... so *doh* can't be identical ;)

Ppl really don't think before speaking. I also like the questions oh twins?? Were they natural? What kind of question is that? I get asked that a lot b/c my brother and sil have b/g twins and I get asked all that time if they were conceived naturally!

Mo I think its rude when people ask that! Like what the heck do you care? and what difference does it make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"