IVF Waiting Times

amoreamy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just have quick question, how long did it take for you from referral to treatment? We have our new referral appointment tomorrow so wanted to guage a rough idea! I know everywhere is different but it would be great to hear your experiences!

When I was 34, we had been trying for about a year (with one MC early in that ttc time). My insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment or consults, so I went directly to a few clinics to see who I felt comfortable with. And they just took me in. But my insurance didn't really want to talk about fertility issues until I was a year into trying anyways. And once we hit the year (or was close to it) we found that I had zero coverage.

Once you're 35, that one year wait time drops to 6 months. I wish you the best. This is a horrible, sucky situation to be in. But stay strong. It just takes one embryo to hang on to give you your dream. I had 26 eggs retrieved, 13 were mature, 7 fertilized, all but 3 were almost dead 2 days later...I had the last 3 fair-poor quality embryos transferred back on day 3-4 and one hung on. He's almost 17mo now. I truly hope you have a better experience. <3

Also, had that IVF not worked, I was going to have dh do a sperm dna test. Nothing could be found wrong with either of us through multiple tests (we're secondary unexplained infertility). I read online that many researchers believe the reason for many cases of infertility, MC, failed IVF could stem from bad sperm dna. And normal, routine tests at fertility clinics do not run that test. Just something to think about.

@mara16jade thank you for your reply, and congratulations on you lo. I'm in the UK and it's not private so I'll definitely have to wait! Our previous cycle was private but it still was a few months waiting and doing extra tests etc.

It's funny you mentioned being 34 and turning 35 as that's exactly my situation! I'll be 35 at the end of the month!

Hi everyone,

I just have quick question, how long did it take for you from referral to treatment? We have our new referral appointment tomorrow so wanted to guage a rough idea! I know everywhere is different but it would be great to hear your experiences!

I almost started a similar thread, as we may need to go the IVF route! Our consultation is in the beginning of March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->