Jacks first trip to A&E or ER ;)

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
Yesterday Jack was playing my friends garden with Emily on the trampoline, quite happy bouncing about until I hear a shriek, Jack had decided to sit down and Emily had fallen on his leg ( from what i can understand).
He was sobbing a bit but soon stopped with cuddles and a biscuit, I asked him if it was hurting and he says no, I needed to go to the shop but Jack says he wants to stay with grandad( lives next door to my friend)

So off I toddle to the shop, when I get back my dad says " look how he is walking" he was walking very stiff legged and limping like mad, but he still said it didn't hurt anywhere, So I thought Ok will keep an eye on it, is probably just briused.

He played with no problems the rest of yesterday and this morning, but he was stll quite stiff legged and limpimg, so I thought enough is enough.

we got A&E about 11.30, the checked him and X-rayed him and luckily it is just a bit bruised and we have to just put cold compresses on and let him rest it (mummy instinct rocks lol)

we were in and out in about an hour which is unheard of at our hospital

The nurse said though that Jacks was the 3rd trampoline injury she had seen that morning :shock:

Glad everything is ok. :hugs: I've only been to A&E over your way once and we were in there for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES!!! :hissy:

Glad he's okay :hug: Trampolines are pretty dangerous

Glad everything is ok. :hugs: I've only been to A&E over your way once and we were in there for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES!!! :hissy:
I know I was rerally suprised, It is usually hours!!!
I bet it is full now after BBQ's and Booze

glad he is ok, Paige fell off one on thurs, i felt so guilty but i thought i could trust the people looking after her:(

At least the wait wasn't too long A&E are soo hit and miss!!

Glad he is ok hun :hugs:
Last week holly my oldest burt her nose open on ours x

glad he's ok! i had to go once when i fell over and had a huge bruise on my hip, thought i might have broken it cos i couldnt walk properly. my mum almost killed me after a huge wait when we got out and i was walking fine!!

Glad he is ok hun :hugs:
Last week holly my oldest burt her nose open on ours x
Emily has done exactly the same, she was doing something odd and kneed herself in the nose :roll: I felt really sorry for her but was laughing a little bit too :blush:

Oooh that has made me think of another accident-runs off to make a thread :lol:

Awww..Glad he is OK hun! :D

My little cousin ended up in hospital after an accident with a trampoline as well..I thought it was his leg he had hurt, but found out it was his mouth. He was jumping with his brother, his brother knee'd him in the mouth, and the poor little dude's tooth went right back and more or less into the roof of his mouth.

They have managed to get it back to the right place somehow, but they think he might lose it! :dohh: x

awww bless his wee heart! hows he doing today hun

Wow you must be a fantastic chilled out mum for his first visit to a&e to be when he is three and a half! Harry had been about three times by the time he was three months old!!! Good to hear he's ok though x

Glad eveything is ok :hugs: Trampolines can be awful though. My brother nearly died falling off one when he was 6. :(

awww bless his wee heart! hows he doing today hun
He is still walking like a bit of a peg leg pete :lol: really doesn't seem to be bothering him at all though
He is asleep at the moment, he crashed out on his bedroom floor lol

Dragonmummy said:
Wow you must be a fantastic chilled out mum for his first visit to a&e to be when he is three and a half! Harry had been about three times by the time he was three months old!!! Good to hear he's ok though x
He is a tough kid LOL, I think it is second time mummy experience, you've kind of been there done that and made all your mistakes with the first :lol:

Emily had been a few time by the same age

Rafwife said:
Glad eveything is ok :hugs: Trampolines can be awful though. My brother nearly died falling off one when he was 6. :-(
On no thats awful :(

Yeah, compound fracture in both arms (bones through skin) and concussion. Went into shock and nearly died during a six hour operation to pin his arms back together. Really nasty :(

He's fine now though! Strapping 15 year old :)

Yeah, compound fracture in both arms (bones through skin) and concussion. Went into shock and nearly died during a six hour operation to pin his arms back together. Really nasty :(

Oh frigging hell that sounds like a complete nightmare, so glad he has recovered well.
It is my worst nightmare i sometimes wish I hadn't bought Emily one as really it would be so unfair to tell Jack he can't go on

:nope: omg hun that sounds awful :hugs: glad hes fine now though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->