Jacks head

Yvonne

Reaction score
I was plastering Jack with Calomine lotion last night and noticed that he has 2 small lumps at the back of his head,
They are only the size of peas but he has 2 on one side and 1 on the other.

The area they are in are (bare with me...) if you go to the back of his ears and then work your way to the middle of his head by about 4-5 cm

You can move them it literraly like him having peas under his skin.
I was wondering whether they are chicken pox that haven't broke through- i don't want to take him to the docs if they are something and nothing

Have any of your had it before??

they might be cysts, you get them if your run down, which he pro is with having chicken pox! Iget them sometimes in my jaw and around my chin, they fell like little marles rolling round under the skin, they are harmless and not apinfull and disapear on their own normally within a few days. Just keep an eye on them, if they havent gone down within a week or they have got worse then take him to your GP

Thanks for that cat.

I will keep an eye on them and by midweek if they are not gone i will take him to the docs.

Sounds like lymph nodes to me. My mates daughter gets them in this spot every time she is ill (esp if she has a sore throat too which you can get with chicken pox as they can be in the throat too) This can be a good sign though as our lymph nodes swell up when they are fighting an infection.

DizzyJ said:
Sounds like lymph nodes to me. My mates daughter gets them in this spot every time she is ill (esp if she has a sore throat too which you can get with chicken pox as they can be in the throat too) This can be a good sign though as our lymph nodes swell up when they are fighting an infection.

Thats what I was thinking but I couldnt remember what they were called! and if their on each side on the same place then its probably this

They are not on his neck, they are on the back of his head, where you get the round bit on the lower part of your head.

I don't know how to describe it lol :roll:

Yvonne said:
They are not on his neck, they are on the back of his head, where you get the round bit on the lower part of your head.

I don't know how to describe it lol :roll:

I know exactly where you mean hun :D
My Jack has them as well, they are more noticable when he is unwell
Cat reasurred me ages about them, and the doc/health vistor says they are nothing either they just exist :?

Must be a Jack thing to have a lumpy head!! :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->