* Jacob * Birth story of my spidermonkey lovebug 08/02/2010

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
Appologises for this being VERY late, but I just haven't managed to get my head around things until now, or found time to type this up - I say that, I still might not but Jakey is on his playmat at the moment, so I shall give it a go :baby:

Ok. So it all started on Saturday 6th Febuary. I was booked in for an induction as I was two weeks overdue (he was due on 25th Jan). Went in to Treliske at about 9am, they showed me to a bed on the ward, can't really remember details of what happened this day, it was really boring to be honest. They examined me and explained that my cervix was soft but I wasn't dialated or anything, so they put the pessary up me and monitered me every 4 hours I think it was? Umm, we were told to stay on site, but we lived 15mins away and both me and my OH work at the hospital so in all honesty, we couldnt be arsed to hang around. We popped home between being monitered :haha: to check on the cat. I was contracting but they were coming very irrergular and wasn't painful - just tightenings, like braxton hicks really. Well come 10pm I had to be back and in my bed for the last monitering of the night, and Matthew had to go home :( I cried. Hate being without him.
That night was horrid, couldn't sleep. Girls were moaning and groaning, I kept having to pee, and I was REALLY uncomfortable. Still having tightenings.
I must have fallen asleep though cus I woke at 1am with a really bad painful contraction, and they were then coming every half an hour. And getting progressingly stronger as the night went on. So I started moaning and groaning :p
Text OH bout 6am/7am saying I was having these contractions and to get his arse back in ASAP, and to bring me a mcmuffin!! NOMNOMNOM!
He turned up abouit 8am with my mcmuffin, contractions happening every 20mins or so. Monitered again. Was told there may be a delay in going up to delivery cus short staffed :(
But Kate the midwife came to get me about midday :)
She examined me when we got up to our room, I was about 2cms, and as she examined me she said my cervix was in an awkward position or something, and before I knew it she was messing around up there and then my waters broke, LOL. I was completely out of it on gas and air by now cus i'd been puffing away, the waters were really warm and it was kindof a relief feeling. Though I remember thinking, fuuuuuuckin eeeeell, this isn't having my baby??? its gonna get worseeeee??
Anyway, umm the drip went on after that, by now I have no idea about times cus I was as high as a kite! But I know this was a long process. And I was coping really well with contractions for a good few hours, just using gas and air and listening to music that Matthew was putting on :)
Umm, then suddenly it was a blur, contractions were ontop of each other and felt like I was dying, I think I lost total control cus the next thing I knew I was flat on my back, babys heart rate had dropped and they were asking people who was in theatre :dohh::growlmad: this only lasted a few mins though cus before I knew it again I was sitting upright, they had to turn the drip off and give me pethedine. Which was AMAZING. I felt so drunk!! I managed to sleep, and have some very odd conversations with Matthew and the midwife who kept laughing at me :)
But cus of me loosing it before I'd agreed to an epidural in the haze of everything, though to be honest, best decision of my life. Took all the pain away and made me feel normal and chilled. I lvoed the feeling of it going down my back!!
Still, sorry no idea about times and stuff here. Its all a big blur i'm just trying to piece things together.
I know there was a swap over of midwifes at some point, and we ended up having a lovely lady called Caroline.
by 1.15am I was told to push, now, this was TORTURE. I couldnt feel my contractions so didn't know when to push, they told me to feel my bump and when it goes tight to push, but I was SO exhausted, that I just didn't know what I was doing... :dohh:
Anyway I pushed and pushed, felt like I couldnt breathe, they kept telling me to push and I was like '' I AM FUCKING PUSHING '' .. they told me to bear down like i'm having a poo and I shouted '' BUT I DONT WANNA POOOO '' which they found hillarious. Umm, I had a go at Matthew cus he kept shoving my head down on my chin and telling me how to breathe, so I was like '' ARE U HAVING THIS BABY? NO? WELL SHUT UP THEN!! '' bless him , he was incredible though. Err. It seemed to go on forever and I could feel everything 'down there' the epi must have worn off. I was having such trouble pushing him though, I just couldn't get my breathing done properly and I kept letting it go :( They were putting my legs in all directions ( they hadn't read my notes that I have SPD...) and I was just in total agony. They called for the consultant cus I didnt think I could get him out or carry on.. I was giving up. But then, as they told me he was on his way it kindof spurred me on cus I just started doing it myself, pushing myself without bein told when and as the consultant came in, Jacob was coming out. The crowning hurt like a bitch, really stung and burned.
Jacob was born at 315am weighing 9lb 0.5oz. He had the cord around his neck though and was blue and floppy when he came out :( me and Matthew were both really emotional. He told me afterwards that he had a tear in his eye, he never gets teary :)
It all kindof kicked off again after the birth though, due to my SPD and them not knowing I had it (even though it was in my notes in big writting.. argh).
They asked me if I wanted to go clean myself up and have a bath which of course I wanted to do, I could just about walk there, get in the bath (it looked like a blood bath) but then I couldnt move, I tried to get out and my pelvis was AGONY and clicking. I was in tears thinking my pelvis was broken, cus it really felt it. Had to press the call button and loads of midwifes came in and yanked me out of the bath, me naked with blood everywhere :nope: not nice. I couldnt walk so they more or less dragged me onto a bed and wheeled me back to Jacob and Matthew. It was all a blur again, but I was basically admitted onto the ward and was on 48 hours bed rest, I think my pelvis etc was completely imflamed.. I had a catheter in and couldnt look after Jacob, had to keep pressing the button to get a midwife to come in and pick him up for me :cry: so yeah, I couldnt walk until Tuesday evening, then I was on a frame, drugged up and eventually sent home on the Wednesday.
Sorry, kindof rushed this story but, it was all completely worth it. Jacob's beautiful and such a good clever baby. Hes a month old already and we're all very much in love.
And my SPD has got lots better :) though if I ever have another baby, i'd have to have a C section.
:)

20972_321548614041_724159041_4590922_890745_n.jpg

He's really cute!!! Well done for getting through all that! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back