Jaedan has his first cold...

mommytashaX2

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I got sick this week and I am just getting over it. I thought that Jaedan wasn't going to get it because he was fine for the first few days, but I was wrong.

I noticed yesterday that he was sneezing quite a bit and then noticed that when he spit up, it had a lot of mucus mixed with the milk. He has a stuffy nose now and is coughing too. He's still happy and playing with me, but I'm not sure what I could do to make things better for him.

Last night, he had a really hard time sleeping and was up every couple of hours (or less) choking (on mucus I suppose) and finding it hard to breath through his nose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? When did your babies get their first cold? What was the experience like? Please share any and all thoughts so I can help my little guy through this one. Thanks ladies.

hey chick im still ttc, but im a paediatric nurse in a sick kids A&E. just keep good watch over him the next few days, as he may have bronchiolitis. keep eye on his feeding , as sometimes they struggle as theyre so stuffed up. if you notice any difference in his breathing get him checked out to be on safe side, right now is the season for the bronchiolitis! you can always get a wee dropper and put some drops of water up his nose to help get rip of the bogies!! xxxx

Aww... Tasha,

I have not a clue on what to do yet..
But, he'll get better soon.

Take Care,
Mello

I think Ally has my cold too. I had a temperature for a couple of days but he doesn't seem to have that...yet. He's a bit clammy though.

Hope your LO gets better soon, also hope it is just a cold and it will stop giving him problems at night before too long.

Thanks for your support ladies! Well luckily, little man had a good nights sleep last night and was up this morning at the same time as usual. He went to sleep yesterday at 7:00 and was up around 9:00am this morning (with feeds in between of course). He has more of a distinct cough now though, kind of how mine was on the second day.. I hope he doesn't get all the same symptoms I got because I felt like crap!! Lol.. But, I'll keep you all updated on his progress. Thanks again.. :hugs:

How's baby Jaedan's doing now...

How long did his cold last?

Mello

Aww bless , I hope hes okay ..max got one too but it went away after about 4 days ..he didnt get fever but he got lots of mucus and stuffy nose and woke up coughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->