jamba juice/smoothies: should i be worried?

That's all good but most people don't have time in the am to eat fruits and veggies, that's why we supplement with protein. A shake in the morning with protein added is going to keep you fuller longer than one without. Fresh fruit and veggies are expensive too, and not everyone can afford them like they can canned or frozen. I stay away from canned since it tastes gross and all nutritional value is basically gone, but I have no problem adding/using frozen fruit and veggies. I'm lucky enough to work at a health foods/supplement store and can bring home as many organic fruits and veggies as I need, but most people aren't in that boat.

i don't know where you are but in many EU countries the supplements are way more expensive than fruits and veggies, especially plant based organic ones with no soy. i know states and UK are very different when it comes to this, but EU... hitting the markets on specific weekdays and buying big quantities is the cheapest way to go. it does take a while to wash and prepare them though, the washing and storage being the main downside of it unless you have a proper big fridge... but chopping up salads and stuff is easily avoidable with smoothies so that's why my blender is the most heavy-duty working kitchen appliance i have!

Supplements are still expensive in the states but if you're buying organic fruit you pay at least double what the GMO stuff costs. Think at least $1 for one apple (usually around $1.25 though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->