James Bulger

I cannot even begin to imagine what his poor family went and are still going through. I too have read the details and actually wept for the poor child.
The judicial system in this country is absolutely ludicrous, how can anyone justify giving these monsters new identities is beyond me, it just makes the whole thing even worse and will go on to damage so many more lives. It will come our who they really are, could you imagine if you'd fallen in love with someone, had children and you found out they had tortured a defenceless toddler, this is what they are free to do! They can do what they want, to whom they want!
I am not a violent person but I'm sorry in cases where there is no chance of a miscarriage of justice, for child killers being back the electric chair!
I can understand the point that they were exposed to all sorts of extreme violence etc but if this is the case their parents should have faced some kind of punishment for psychological neglect, if they didn't know right from wrong it's the parents fault, and if they did they were simply born evil, I personally believe its the latter.
I really hope this doesn't offend anyone but I can't help but feel such strong anger towards these people!

It shocked me too. Poor little boy.... and his parents too.

What really upsets me is the number of adults who saw James being beaten up, bleeding, crying and yet not a single person did anything...! Apparently they all changed their statements before the actual trial due to the public hate towards them.

it has made me promise to always step in if i ever see anything like this happen. Those boys were 10, they were young children yet nobody did anything to help him.

Breaks my heart. RIP little baby boy
xxx

I was 15 when James was killed. Daniel is roughly the age that James was when he died.
Those boys knew what they were doing. They should both rot in prison for the remainder of their lives. Hard labour is too good for them.
I weep for that poor baby and his family.
I gave Daniel extra cuddles tonight.

The CCTV image of him being led away by those two monsters is the image I have in burned into my head whenever someone criticises me for using reins on my son!

I was 19 - the film they had watched was Chucky. I feel sick every time I think if it and cry every year for him - it was a shocking time for the country when it happened.

I have no words what an awful disgusting thing to happen and the 'boy's' are now men and should be held accountable

I was 12 when it happened and I remember having nightmares and feeling really unsafe and needed to be near my parents more.

Evan is the same age now as James was and I'm on the brink of tears now just thinking of him being led away. That image is burnt in to my memory too.

I too wasn't very old so didn't remember it either. Read his dads story or at least some exerts of what they did to him and cried so much at the thought of a poor young boy going through that...what really stuck with me was when he said he wanted his mummy and they let him run off a little then dragged him back:cry:...I do not know how any 10 year old can think of such sick torture to inflict upon such a young child...It is things like this that make me angry at the justice system in this country :growlmad: On Trevor McDonalds inside death row there was a guy who had been given 170 years in jail at the age of 12 for killing 2 OAPs why are we so lenient and why do we find it so difficult to comprehend that perhaps these 2 boys were just pure evil. X

The excuse was Video Nasty's. they had seen things on TV and thought it would be 'fun' to see what it would like in real life!
I agree they should have not been let out, but, I think it was because they were minors, and so the sentence couldn't continue when they turned 18!
Load of rubbish!

This is what I'm on about why is there that loophole because they are minors? Because the British justice system cannot comprehend that a child could commit such evil...they did hideous things and at 10 knew the difference between right and wrong. to then go and give them new identities aswell makes a mockery of the whole thing. Grrrr makes me so angry to think they have in a sense gotten away with the whole thing.

I totally agree, but the argument that was made in court was that because they watched so much violence on TV that they didn't actually understand the difference in right and wrong!
Ridiculous!

Pffft, what those monsters did to that little boy went past TV violence. They are sick and need locking up for good.

I was 15 when this happened and remember it. I don't know all the details and tbh i'm not sure i want to know.
I don't think they should of been let out of prison when they were but that's our system that's to blame. TBH it doesn't surprise me that one of them was re-admitted to prison and if he does get let out again then it won't be long until he goes in again.
I can understand that they were given new identities - lets face it, once they came out of prison if anyone knew who they were then they would more than likely got killed and it's not our place to do that.
Does any one know what's happened to the other boy/man now i guess. Rightly or wrongly if he's done his time in prison and is now living a normal good life then actually his time in prison has helped him.

It makes me feel sick just thinking about it. Those boys should be locked up for life x

I used to live in Liverpool and used to have to walk under the bridge where they found him to get to work everyday. I used to shudder everytime, I hated it. I heard rumours living in Liverpool about what happened but I deliberately have avoided any details, I couldn't cope. So sad.

I wish I didn't know the details, tbh. I only know what's on Wikipedia too - so that probably isn't everything. It's just so horrific :(
Venables and Thompson are pure pure evil.

I was 9 when it happened, just a few months younger than the two lads who did such a terrible thing, and I remember at the time (though I didn't know the full details) thinking that I couldn't believe that other kids my age could kill a little 2 year old. It seemed too horrifying for words.

Now that I'm an adult, and I have kids of my own, the horror of how I felt at the time hearing about it is nothing compared to the adult understanding I have of it. It's just unimaginable how his parents must have felt (and still feel).

i refuse to know more than what i do atm. Im nearly in tears jus thinking about it i was 2 when it happened so wasnt aware until i was older...

im of to give rusty a extra hug

I was 13 or so when it happened and as horrible as it was you have no comprehension.... Once you have kids of your own, I have a little boy that age.... Oh my God. Even though I have no idea of the details ( thank Goodness) I have heard numerous adults in Liverpool threaten to tear them limb from limb if they ever found those men.

Its quite poignant that for alot of us, its the first major news headline any of us can remember. I too was the same age as those boys and even at that age, rmember being incredibly sad, upset, and shocked that 2 boys my own age could do something so evil to an innocent baby. I often think of Jamie and it pains me to think of his suffering, and that of his family.

I just googled this and want to vomit. Omg. I am seriously bothered. :cry:

I remember hearing about this when I was younger, I did know the details at one time but have (thankfully) forgotten. I remember being absolutely horrified though. No way I'm looking it up again now that I have my LO. :(

It is really terrifying to think that people, CHILDREN, are capable of such disgusting things.

I was either 2 or 3 when this happened so about the Sam age as Jamie. Now I have a 2 year old myself and it makes me feel physically sick to think about the enormity of what they did.

Someone i know worked on this case (he was in merseyside police at the time) and he said much of what happened has never been released to the press :cry: and what HAS been released is horrific enough. I am the same age as the killers, and the argument that they did not have moral responsibility due to being so young just doesn't wash. I knew at 10 that what they'd done was horribly, horribly wrong. If you haven't read the details, don't. Just don't. They will haunt you, especially if your baby is the same age as James was. A few of the details in particular haunt me. That poor baby :nope:

The judicial system in this country is absolutely ludicrous, how can anyone justify giving these monsters new identities is beyond me
What do you mean? Because they were released after serving their sentences? England and Wales have one of the lowest ages of criminal responsibility in the world. If this had happened in Ireland or most other countries in Europe, the culprits wouldn't even have been charged as they were too young.

I can't believe how many people deliberately look up the gruesome details of what happened to this poor little boy. The British media is disgusting for wheeling out Jamie Bulger's mum every time an anniversary comes round and asking for her to talk about her murdered and tortured son for the cameras. It's pure titillation and gutter journalism.

How many children have been traumatised from getting the full, tragic details of how Jamie Bulger had his life slowly and painfully taken away from him by two monsters?

Of course it's hard not to think about our own kids in this kind of situation, but I find it very interesting that no-one is calling for Mary Bell's head or saying she should have never been released. Is it because it happened too long ago? I think it's more to do with the fact it's not titillating enough for the media. There aren't any grainy CCTV images or enough colour pictures of Mary Bell or her victims and it doesn't fill a double page spread in the Daily Mail, designed to rub our faces in what a horrible world we live in and how evil some children are and how much of a "joke" our justice system is.

There are so many things about this case that disgust me and a lot of them are still occurring, 20 years after the event.

What do you mean? Because they were released after serving their sentences? England and Wales have one of the lowest ages of criminal responsibility in the world. If this had happened in Ireland or most other countries in Europe, the culprits wouldn't even have been charged as they were too young.

I can't believe how many people deliberately look up the gruesome details of what happened to this poor little boy. The British media is disgusting for wheeling out Jamie Bulger's mum every time an anniversary comes round and asking for her to talk about her murdered and tortured son for the cameras. It's pure titillation and gutter journalism.

How many children have been traumatised from getting the full, tragic details of how Jamie Bulger had his life slowly and painfully taken away from him by two monsters?

Of course it's hard not to think about our own kids in this kind of situation, but I find it very interesting that no-one is calling for Mary Bell's head or saying she should have never been released. Is it because it happened too long ago? I think it's more to do with the fact it's not titillating enough for the media. There aren't any grainy CCTV images or enough colour pictures of Mary Bell or her victims and it doesn't fill a double page spread in the Daily Mail, designed to rub our faces in what a horrible world we live in and how evil some children are and how much of a "joke" our justice system is.

There are so many things about this case that disgust me and a lot of them are still occurring, 20 years after the event.

The bolded, maybe she wants to talk about Jamie. To her he isnt just the murdered little boy but her little boy. Of course to the media, Jamie is just a story but if talking about him every year on the anniversary means that Jamie's mum gains comfort that no one will ever forget her little boy, then surely that means more than what the media get out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->