Jan/Feb Rainbows 2017 (10 Rainbows have arrived!)

Everything - if I'm not mistaken, you have you elective section tomorrow right? Or is it next week?

As for me, baby turned again after stitch removal :dohh: We had declined ECV and gone with elective section now and got it scheduled for 28th Jan.

Jami- ADORABLE!!! How much did she end up weighing!? So happy for you!!

SanJan! Sorry baby turned again, but happy you have a dare scheduled for your baby!!

Everything - if I'm not mistaken, you have you elective section tomorrow right? Or is it next week?

As for me, baby turned again after stitch removal :dohh: We had declined ECV and gone with elective section now and got it scheduled for 28th Jan.

Yes, my ELCS is in the morning :flower: So nervous.

I am worried about my blood situation. I had my last injection last night because they said it will take 24 hours for it to get out of my system. It will be more like 36 hours by the time I have the C section. It's a balancing act - the thinners reduce my platelets and increase risk of bleeding too much, but without them I am at risk of another DVT. If I don't have enough platelets, I can't have a spinal and will need general anaesthetic - nightmare.

Trying to stay positive though! My baby is wriggling nicely as I type and has given me no cause for concern, which I'm so relieved about. I just hope we both make it safely :cloud9:

How do you feel about your caesarean? I'll update and let you know how mine goes x

Everything - :flower: all the best!!!
I hope and pray that everything goes well for you.

I've kind of accepted the decision as this makes it a bit more sure of bringing a live baby home and trying to focus now on all positives from the section like knowing what and when it's gonna happen, no post delivery vaginal issues, perfect baby head etc. It's helping a bit to stay calm. It's the recovery part I'm still worried about than the surgery. Hopefully things will go fine for both of us. Can't wait for your birth story and baby announcement :baby:

Good luck everything! Can't wait to hear your birth story!!

Sanjan: sorry baby has moved, try and stay positive! Few days and you will be meeting your baby ☺️ Xx

Congrats Jami!!!

Sanjan- sorry baby turned but glad to know your little rainbow will be here soon

Everything- hoping your platelets allow you to skip general. I think they start right back on the thinners after right? Good od luck tomorrow!

Everything - hope things are going well and you are enjoying your cuddles with LO and recovering from section.

Florida - how are you and zuri doing? Hope she's on track to come home soon or already at home.

Jlou - thanks :)

Sorry I haven't been on with an update before now. My baby girl Saffron was born at 10.03am on 26th Jan, she weighed 7lb 12oz.

When we arrived at the hospital we were told we were first and would go down to theatre at around 9am. A couple of emergencies came in which held it up slightly.

The theatre staff were all really friendly and told me everything that was going on as it happened. I got to watch Saffy being born on a screen above my head, it was all so surreal.

I am going home from hospital in the morning. My 2 boys came to meet their new baby sister earlier today and they were so cute with her, both wanting a turn sitting down with her on their lap. She is awesome, my family is complete.

Congrats everything she is adorable!
Good luck with your section today SanJan! Can't wait to here your little bundle has arrived xx

Congrats everything she's perfect :flower:

Luka Grey arrived at 5:46 pm Tuesday January 24th, 2017. She weighed 6lbs 15 oz and 19 in long. Husband was amazing during labor cleaning my water and changing my pads. She was born vaginally and I got to pull her out by her her underarms...which was amazing!!
She had trouble passing hearing test and vomiting amniotic fluid at first. Side effects from polyhydramnios. But now she's great. Very good baby waking every 4 hrs to feed at night and very calm while she's awake. Siblings love her!!
Downside, in laws are still here. They have sooooo outstayed their welcome. I thought they'd leave when I got discharged but no. Im holding it all in and being polite but I really wanna smack my MIL the next time she rough handles her while im breastfeeding because my nipples are dying, or gives one more piece of unsolicited advice. She's been so critical of me of and half the stuff she tells me to do I know is wrong (I work for a pediatrician). I haven't said a word to hubby because I don't want to start a fight with him... I need him here. He says they're leaving tomorrow and I really hope so because i feel crowded. My house is a mess, and I'm tired of sharing my newborn. Plus because they keep holding her, hubby has not changed a single diaper nor held her for more than 5 minutes. I feel like it's interfering with his bonding time with her.

Our yellow bump turned blue and our rainbow baby A arrived via section on 28th Jan 9:52AM weighing 3.14 kgs.:cloud9: Recovery from surgery is going well, much better than what I thought. Will write a detailed update once I'm home.

Congrats everything and Jami :happydance:

San Jan- congrats!! #teamblue so happy you had a great experience!! Can't wait to hear more once you're home!

Oh Jami! Glad everything well with you and Luka!
So sorry about your in laws hopefully they leave ASAP! My family can be abit like that and don't know when enough is enough! I'm actually dreading it because I know my mum will want to stay and although she means well, my youngest sister is only 9, and has to come with, when I would just like it to be about my children and there new brother (that makes me sound awful) but my sister is hard work and doesn't listen, I feel like it's important to bond as a family!

Congrats SanJan! Yay to team blue! Glad your recovering well! Can't wait to hear your birth story xx

Many congrats Sanjan! Look forward to hearing more once you are at home.

Jami - glad to hear all is well with baby and you had a good birth experience. Hope you get your house back to yourself ASAP xx

SanJan, huge congratulations on the safe arrival of your team blue rainbow baby! Looking forward to hearing your birth story and how he's doing x

Jami, your little girl's birth sounds amazing :cloud9: She's doing great only waking every 4 hours to feed! My LO has got her days and nights the wrong way around and is waking probably every hour for feed in the night. She tends to have a 7 hour sleep late afternoon / evening with only 1 feed in the middle of it, so hoping that she will soon turn it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->