January 2012 IVF

Do you think I'll start bleeding sooner or later if I'm not pregnant despite the progesterone? I'm here till Friday and I can't see how I'm going to find a pregnancy test - am with my boss so can't really say anything!

Thanks Care - and congrats

With my first cycle I bled even though I was on the progesterone so if you aren't bleeding yet that's a good sign x

Yes even tho ur on Progesterone you can still bleed if it didnt work. But keep taking it until ur Beta to be on the safe side because you never know.

omg! My nurse told me no sex for four days then it would be okay. I didnt think it would make a big difference, but now im beating myself up because im searching for reasons why it didnt work and everybody says they dont do it until way after their bfp... :( lesson learned.

I have heard some think sperm may play a role in implantation. TBH, I think they don't want you to have sex because of the trauma to your ovaries, which I believe - I had a cyst rupture on time and it was awful and it was not as big as my ovaries were after transfer. Don't beat yourself up, you did follow instructions. who knows what is right, it so crazy theat we all do such different things!! :shrug:

Hi ladies
seeking some advice - my OTD was on Friday but I'm currently in Rwanda on a work trip and can't find a test! I'm still taking progesterone supplements which are presumably stopping my AF coming. Don't think IVF has worked - sore boobs have lessened considerably over last three days. Do you think I should stop the progesterone and see what happens?
Tortoise

I agree with everyone else - DO NOT stop taking the progesterone! I have also heard that AF comes no matter what. FX'd for you!

Thanks for the advice ladies. Am very pessimistic about it but time will tell.

Deffo don't beat yourself up re sex after transfer. We get such conflicting advice! I've been reading that some of you were told to rest up after transfer whereas my clinic (Lister) says it's fine to even go for a run on the same day.

Hoping- sex is not the reason it didn't work so dont feel bad! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG I would never go for a run after transfer! How strange how cilinc differ, as I know Lister is a brilliant clinic-I might even go there if my current cycle doesn't work. My clinic say to just carry on as normal, but my Zita West book (she is a fertility/assisted conception expert!) says 3 days bed rest! Last cycle I only rested on the day so this time I'm gonna chill out on the sofa for at least 3 days! x

Oh -and currently have 7 embies going strong, well 5 strong, 2 lagging a bit! transfer either tommorow or wednesday!x

babydrms, how are you holding up? Did you get your test done?

i'm so sorry babydrms :hug:
you have a follow up scheduled already, right?

So sorry to hear your news babydrms, glad you don't have to wait weeks for follow-up, I hope you get some answers to your questions. x

Babydrms I am so, so sorry. :hugs: I wish there was something more I could do to help, but I know time is what you need. I am glad you will be able to get some answers soon.

does anyone know how long it takes for the trigger shot to leave your system?

Babydrms I know the feeling. Def ask questions. Had you frozen any embies?

For me it took 12 days for trigger to leave. I think it depends on ur weight/height etc....- think, and I am 5'8" and 130lbs.

I tested out my trigger in 7-8 days and I did 2 Ovidrels...

We decided to go ahead with another cycle right away. So now I just need AF to show up!

Hi ladies
Sorry for the selfish me post - I'm writing on a deadly slow connection in Rwanda. I finally found a Rwandan pregnancy test (very weird - involved collecting drops of urine and pipetting into a well on the test). Anyway it was positive... but the line isn't very strong and I'm now 18DPO. BUT it is 9pm here and I've been drinking water all day. The picture is attached (if it uploads...)
Please let me know what you think. I know a positive is a positive but surely it should be darker now...

Oh wow Babydrms! I didn't know you could do it without having a break. Come on cycle! FX!

Tortoise, those sound like our cheap dollar store tests here. I am not sure about all tests like that, but I know my cheap tests were very light and the First Response Early Results were super dark. So I wouldn't read too much into it. Yay, you are pregnant! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->