January 2012 IVF

HuskyMomWI

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I know there are a couple of us on the DEC/JAN/FEB thread that are very close in our dates for IVF so thought it would be good to have a thread specific to January so we can obsess over everything together :)

However - hopefully Mrs. Bear joins because she is the champion of keeping track of this stuff on page 1. I am lazy like that.

Princess_1991
IVF#1: Merional

Mrs. Bear
IVF #1 Short Protocol: Gonal-F, Ganirilex, PIO

Arimas
IVF #2 (Follistim)

31andTrying
IVF #1 Microflare Lupron Protocol: micro-Lupron,Follistim, Menopur

vesper21
IVF#3: Antagonist Protocol (75 Follistim, 75 menopur, ganirelix)

aem118
IVF #1 Long Lupron Protocol

KristyHart
IVF#2 Short Protocol: Gonalf

Traskey
IVF #2

babydrms
IVF #1

Lisa7781
IVF #1

tortoise
IVF

smileypants
IVF

monalisa81
IVF #1

Hoping 1986
IVF #1

Schoolteacher
ICSI #2 (Gonal-F and Cetrotide)
Short protocol and egg sharing
Stimms: approx 23/1

Sarah10380
IVF - Feb

berki
IVF #1 - Feb/March

Dis3tnd
FET in Jan

Swepakepa3
IVF#1 - Jan/Feb

Gracy 004
On hold for a bit

Pk2of8
IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol: Follistim(350iu), low-dose HCG, and Ganirelix

Cravingababy
IVF #1 - February

Springy
IVF #1 - Mar/Apr (long protocol: Suprefact, Gonal-F, Luveris)
Status: Decided to switch clinics, consult Feb 22 but may be moved up if there is a cancellation

Hello ladies! I know there are a couple of us on the DEC/JAN/FEB thread that are very close in our dates for IVF so thought it would be good to have a thread specific to January so we can obsess over everything together :)

However - hopefully Mrs. Bear joins because she is the champion of keeping track of this stuff on page 1. I am lazy that way.

31andTrying
IVF - Dec (microflare Lupron protocol: micro-Lupron, Follistim(lots and lots), Menopur)
Status: start BCP in Dec, start lupron 1/6, start stims 1/7

LOL - does that mean I should start 'the list' in this post :haha:

And you totally copied your stats out of the other thread..... I can tell :winkwink:

I work smarter not harder. Copy & paste. :)

Hey - I was going to ask you - My Dr has me at 400 iu of Follistim per day. They called in 4 pens of 900 iu each. I reduced the order to 3 hoping I won't need the last one. If I do end up needing it they can overnight it. I am debating about reducing it to 2. My Dr office will loan you the meds if they don't arrive in time. The 900 * 3 even feels like a lot but maybe I am just in denial that I need that much. The nurse said that I will need 1200 in the first 3 days before I get scanned to see if we reduce it.

GOOD LUCK ladies I'll be lurking and following both of you as I'll be just behind you in the new year!!!!

Hey - I was going to ask you - My Dr has me at 400 iu of Follistim per day. They called in 4 pens of 900 iu each. I reduced the order to 3 hoping I won't need the last one. If I do end up needing it they can overnight it. I am debating about reducing it to 2. My Dr office will loan you the meds if they don't arrive in time. The 900 * 3 even feels like a lot but maybe I am just in denial that I need that much. The nurse said that I will need 1200 in the first 3 days before I get scanned to see if we reduce it.

Well, that would leave you with 1500 for probably another 6-7 days of stims. If you reduce to two that only leaves 600 and I doubt they will drop you to only 100 iu per day. So odds are you will need the 3rd one.

Can you get your dose from multiple pens (if only 100 is left in one can you do the other 300 from another) or does the dose need to come all from one pen? That can throw a wrench in there too. I know I can do that but I don't have a pen so wasn't sure if the rules were different.

They have smaller dose pens on order also. 600s and 300s. I was thinking about just getting the 2x900 first and then after the first scan ordering more if I need to. It seems like most people take 100-150 per day. With the 600 units that would be left - I could order a 300 pen or a 600 if necessary vs the 900.

Or should I just order it and not worry about it?

I called about an appt on the 2nd. They are closed but will have a doctor in incase someone needs an IUI, etc and it will be my doctor as that is his weekend on the rotation. They told me to call the Friday before and they would let me know if I could get started on the 2nd.

[/QUOTE]
Can you get your dose from multiple pens (if only 100 is left in one can you do the other 300 from another) or does the dose need to come all from one pen? That can throw a wrench in there too. I know I can do that but I don't have a pen so wasn't sure if the rules were different.[/QUOTE]

Good question. If I have to stay at 400 or even 200,300 if it has to come from the same pen that would suck.

GOOD LUCK ladies I'll be lurking and following both of you as I'll be just behind you in the new year!!!!

You set up the ticker!!! yeah!! And I'm not giving up hope that you will get your appt earlier and have it be in January.

They have smaller dose pens on order also. 600s and 300s. I was thinking about just getting the 2x900 first and then after the first scan ordering more if I need to. It seems like most people take 100-150 per day. With the 600 units that would be left - I could order a 300 pen or a 600 if necessary vs the 900.

Or should I just order it and not worry about it?

I called about an appt on the 2nd. They are closed but will have a doctor in incase someone needs an IUI, etc and it will be my doctor as that is his weekend on the rotation. They told me to call the Friday before and they would let me know if I could get started on the 2nd.

I would say you will drop to a minimum of 150 IU a day probably more so you probably need at least 2 x 900 plus a 450 pen.

Can you get your dose from multiple pens (if only 100 is left in one can you do the other 300 from another) or does the dose need to come all from one pen? That can throw a wrench in there too. I know I can do that but I don't have a pen so wasn't sure if the rules were different.[/QUOTE]

Good question. If I have to stay at 400 or even 200,300 if it has to come from the same pen that would suck.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if your dose comes from the same pen. You can use 150IU out of one and then an additional 150IU out of another if you required a 300IU dose. Just means you need to jab yourself twice! On my last cycle one night I needed to jab myself three times! EEEK! Used part of my dose from one pen, tried to sqeeze an additional 25IU out of the other pen then needed 75IU from a reconstituted vial ... that was NOT a fun evening!!!!

ALSO I know the Gonal F pens come overfilled, not sure about Follistim pens and how they work but each time I was able to get an additional 75IU out of each pen.

maybe I'll have them give me the 2x900 + 1 600 to start w/. I hate being an adult and having to make decisions like this.

That's 3 days of 400 and 8 days of 150. I would say that would be the minimum I would need. Maybe I'll go with that.

So much for just going w/what the doctor says and not stressing...

Well I start after January AF but shes not due until around the 14 or 15 so I won't actually start my protocol until like Feb 3 or 4 but I am still going to lurk around here since I am right behind y'all if thats ok :)

Berki - yep :) Join us! Did you have testing that you have to do in Jan or are you just waiting for your next cycle?

maybe I'll have them give me the 2x900 + 1 600 to start w/. I hate being an adult and having to make decisions like this.

That's 3 days of 400 and 8 days of 150. I would say that would be the minimum I would need. Maybe I'll go with that.

That should be plenty. I would go ahead and have at least that much on hand so you aren't adding another worry. After your first scan you should have an idea of whether you need more than that. Be sure to check the price differences. Don't want to order the 600 if 900 isn't that much difference. Better to have more than not enough.

So from now on are we going to relax and trust the Dr?!? :haha:

Hi ladies

I will be starting round 2 in Jan. I take my last BCP on 1st Jan, est stimming from 5th Jan and est EC 20th Jan

Lets hope we all get our BFP's xxxxxxxxx

Berki - yep :) Join us! Did you have testing that you have to do in Jan or are you just waiting for your next cycle?

Testing all done just waiting for cycle to start and have to have bloodwork done on CD3~

Hi ladies

I will be starting round 2 in Jan. I take my last BCP on 1st Jan, est stimming from 5th Jan and est EC 20th Jan

Welcome Kristy! You are right on schedule with a few of us. I start stims on 1/7 with estimated ER on 1/19. :) Getting close.

Did they change your protocol for this round? What protocol did you use the last time? I have low ovarian reserve also so I am using the microflare protocol.

Hi ladies

Welcome Kristy! You are right on schedule with a few of us. I start stims on 1/7 with estimated ER on 1/19. :) Getting close.

Welcome Kristy - I start stims 1/7 as well so sounds like we will all be right around the same time :xmas12:

However - hopefully Mrs. Bear joins because she is the champion of keeping track of this stuff on page 1. I am lazy that way.

KristyHart
IVF#2

Mrs. Bear
IVF #1 Short Protocol: Gonal-F, Ganirilex, PIO

31andTrying
IVF #1 Microflare Lupron Protocol: micro-Lupron(10iu), Follistim(400iu), Menopur(150 iu)

berki
IVF #1 - Feb/March

Springy
IVF #1 - Mar/Apr (long protocol: Suprefact, Gonal-F, Luveris)
Status: Decided to switch clinics, consult Feb 22 but may be moved up if there is a cancellation

Look at you all fancy putting everyone in order by their dates - trying to show me up huh??? :xmas13:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->