• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Ohh JessyG what a nightmare!!! Sleep deprivation is the worst.

It sure is. My mum has offered me a nap but i feel guilty going to sleep. This is definitely going to be hard. I definitely prefer the older baby/toddler stage to the newborn bit but i was determined to enjoy it more this time but i genuinely dont think i will.

It’s so hard to make yourself rest when there’s things to do. I find at night when toddler is sleeping I stay up late because it’s my only free time (although I still have baby obviously) and I know I should really sleep.

Congratulations Married, she looks an absolute beauty :kiss: and a decent size too!! Hope you are both doing ok x

Jessy - I'm with you all the way. I was so sure I would enjoy the newborn phase this time as I hated it with my daughter but compared to Ethan she was easy. I think if I'd have had Ethan first I wouldn't have had another one :haha: He is getting a bit better now and he's finally stopped being sick and colic has improved so much since I changed his milk back to the ordinary stage 1. I sure am looking forward to the interactive stage or atleast when toys or TV stimulate him for half an hour as i'm struggling to get much housework done as he never sleeps, at most i'd say he has 3 hours during the day and probably about 6 to 8 hours between 8pm and 8am! I need more :sleep:

I'm up for a Facebook group as I too am on there more often than I am online...I don't mind setting one up but would have to have it as secret group so not just anyone can join but I think I'd need to be friends with you all before I could add you...Right I'd better go and see what the kids are doing...I've got Ethan in his swing chair watching the fish tank LOL and Ava was sent home from school with chicken pox today :wacko: so need to see what she's up to.

Let me know what everyones thoughts are on the FB group or if someone sets one up let me know the name and i'll join :)

Oh ignore the ticker...I will get around to removing it soon lmao

oh and added a few pics of Ethan :)

Attachments

• no 10.jpg
    no 10.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Ethan 6.jpg
    Ethan 6.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
  • no 15.jpg
    no 15.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2
Wills i think its ok not to enjoy it. Its a very small part of their chilhood anyway and i am just not a baby baby person. Sure it got better for me about 6 months. Sounds nuts but i prefer it when they stop napping at 2.5/3 i detest trying to coordinate life around naps! Haha

I *think* Austin is easiet than Bella was but its so long ago i cant really remember. She always slept like crap so its hard to tell if i am just used to less sleep. Aus slept from 6:15-8:45 then had about 30 mins in the pram mid morning then slept 2.5 hours feed then another 2.5 hours this avo so i think he does ok but reckon he may be up all night now. He has been fussy late evening the last few nights but then sleeps from 10-1 and then 2-5 so not bad but since he has been sleepibg most if the afternoon i expect tonight will be crap. I soooo pray this kid likes his sleep like i do. Id love it if he slept through early and napped easily because they werent Bellas strong points haha.

Ethan’s adorable Wills. I agree with Jessy that it’s totally ok not to be loving the newborn stage. It’s hard and until you start getting some interaction it’s more difficult because you’re not even getting the smiles and giggles to get you through.

I’m loving having a newborn to be cuddling, but finding it tricky at times balancing 2 kids. I’m regularly wishing I could split myself in 2 for the kids and feeling like neither of them is getting the Mum I want them to have. It’s easier when Lucas is at nursery, I feel them like Max is getting more of my attention, but when they’re both here it’s like I’m always letting one of them down.

Mum guilt is shit isn’t it! I’m sure I’m just beating myself up more than I should but which Mum doesn’t do that?!

I think you’re right on the Facebook group and how to set it up Wills. I’m in for one though, I’m on there more than here.

Perfect wills if you dont mind setting one up. Do you need to be friends with us first or can you create one and we request to join.

Yes daisies defo guilt here. I have asked my OH twice now if he thinks we have ruined Bs childhood by having another. Sounds dreadful hearing it back but id hate for her to resent her little brother because he gets more attention at the moment. She is 4.5 so understands alot and absolutely adores Aus but i cant help feels so much guilt that often i have a baby attached to me. I am sure i am blowing it out of all proportion and it will settle down soon. Tomorrow is my first day completely by myself with two kids eeeeek wish me luck.

Hello lovely ladies!

Ella was born at 8lb 14oz and has only lost 1% of he weight at her three day check up! She's my absolute diamond I am so in love.

I haven't been back to update for a while as to be honest...it's been a traumatising week.

On Monday I was all set to wait to hear we could go home. I'd sent my hubby off at 8am to go sleep and to come back at 2pm to see us and wait to go.

It's a rather long, frustrating and upsetting story for me so I'm going to tell the short version. A midwife came and told me I had to be on antibiotics for 48 hours as well as my baby because I was showing infection markers. I explained I have an ear infection I'm struggling to get over, can they check into that and please consider letting me go.

So let's skip the rest. We didn't get out of there until 5.30pm Wednesday. I think I cried everyday I was in there, struggling to breastfeed, to feel positive and felt downright let down by the whole system. I had at least 20 different midwives see me, tell me different ways to feed, different reasons why it wasn't working, and a whole bunch of assumptions as to why Ella was crying, latching wrong etc etc.

I walked out Wednesday with a perfectly healthy baby who had to endure a canular in her arm for two days and distressing blood draws. I have 5 canular bruises and marks on my arms and it all was all nothing.

Staying in a ward for all that time was horrible. We couldn't sleep through the noise, all I wanted was to go home and sleep. Since waking at 8am Sunday, I did not get one single minute of shut eye until Thursday 1am for 2 hours. I kid you not I had zero sleep...My blood pressure was raised and my HR so I had observations every 4 hours. They couldn't figure out why my heart rate averaged at 126bpm.

I could and did tell them why....I was massively sleep deprived and upset, no one cared. No one actually came and spoke to me about how I felt emotionally and maybe if they did I wouldn't have been treated like a sick person. I felt fine...but I was an absolute disaster on the brink of serious depression.

Wind forward and I'm home by 6pm Wednesday....first thing we did was get Ella in her carry cot to continue her snooze. We didn't get much sleep that night at all but we both on Thursday morning looked at each other and said that the 2 hours we got was that best bloody sleep ever!!!

Yesterday was amazing...All I'd wanted was to be home with my baby and husband and around housework, breastfeeding, midwife visit and implementing our slow training for the dog to meet the baby....I spent about 6 hours with Ella in the swaddle wrap and I had never felt happier.

I even finally got a shower Thursday morning! After a good old cry before where I just let it all out to my husband about how let down I felt by the system. I couldn't have done any of it with my husband. He spent every night with us, travelling back and forth every 6 hours to be with the dog...came back 2 hours later and helped me to learn to breastfeed and make sure I ate.

It's now Friday and baby girl is 4 days old! Another tough night but I'd swap that every time for those nightmare days in hospital. Today the plan is to really nail this latch for breastfeeding as my nipples are bloody chapped as hell. I need to also nail a 2 hourly expressing routine. Oh and today is visitor day so we have three sets of friends visiting throughout the day to meet the baby. I can't wait for a bit of swaddle wrap time with my love :)

Labour was....an experience!! No pain relief I pushed her out and got three stitches bit otherwise I've been so pleased with my recovery. Bleeding is like a medium period and the only real problem is sore muscles as I still struggle to get up and about. Probably could do with a nice stretch of sleep to help thst!

I hope all you ladies have been doing well!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180209-071942.jpg
    Screenshot_20180209-071942.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
Married I’m so sorry you had such a rough time after Ella came. Hospitals are not conducive to rest and that’s what you need the most after giving birth.

It’s such a shame you feel so let down, but do your best to move past that - you’re now home with your little family- don’t let the frustration at the system take any of the shine away.

Enjoy these newborn days and showing off your little bundle to your visitors.

And huge congratulations on baby Ella (beautiful name!) sounds like it was a good induction for you. And we’re baby weight twins - Max was 8lb 14oz too.

Oh & Jessy - you won’t have ruined Bella’s childhood - get where you’re coming from though as I’ve wondered the same a few times. It’s a massive change for all the family to go from 1 kid to 2 though, we’ll all find ways to feel like we’re getting quality time with both of them, it’s all mega early days still.

Married you look fab given everything you’ve been through!
I LOVE the name Ella - my husband was very keen on it but my nieces are Evie and Ava and I thought the 3 were all a bit of a mouthful together. We equally liked Matilda so went with that :)

I’m so sorry to hear about everything you went through.
I can totally relate, I got no sleep and saw so many different midwives over the 4 nights I was in. Or no midwives most times when they said they would come back and didn’t!
It was incredibly frustrating and I felt absolutely pissed off!!

I got over it pretty quickly when Matilda arrived and I just Look at the positives... the midwives that delivered her were amazing and having Matilda was worth all the crap I went through to get her here.

Your little angel Ella will help you forget all the crap you have experienced

Enjoy your visits today - precious times xx

Oh married that sounds really hard. I had a good experience this time but didnt with my first. That was hell ward was too busy and noisy for me to sleep no midwives anywhere to be seenm

Do try and forget about it as i feel i lingered over it for too long and it contributed to my feeling miserable after her birth.

Daisies B absolutely adores her wee brother so the guilt is only in my head plus i know when he is 1+ and running around she will love to play baby games with him and help me keep him out of mischief. Z year seems like a long time right now but i know each month gets better and better so just trying to focus on what i can do now.

Today is my first day alone and so far we walked to the gps to register Aus then on to the park where B and I played tag. Popped into co op to get stuff to make marshmallow top hats and did that when we got home while Aus still slept.

Everyone has had lunch and B is now playing in her room while i tidy up as Aus is sleeping again.

JessyG you’re the multi tasking queen!!

Today Matilda and I went to Kwik Fit to get a tyre changed... thee were two other woman in there with kids... it was like a mums and bubs group haha.

Then we went to meet a friend for lunch then the supermarket so out and about a bit today.

Now home, heating cranked up so house is cosy. Adams brother is over for dinner so I’m cooking a Thai curry.

Then a chilled weekend, have some people visiting so I’m looking forward to a wine!

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

hey ladies,

just looking at setting up the FB group but in order to create it I need to add people and I don't have any of you on my FB. can you either message or PM me names or email address so I can add you to the group to open it. I think once I've added one or two I can give you all the group name to join yourselves x

ok ladies,

I've set a group up and named it a few ladies and their babies :)

if you want to add yourselves feel free. Once we all think we are on there I will put it to a secret group so we don't get random add requests :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->