January Baby beans!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow
Missmarple!

How is the heat where you are cuddle? In the UK (unless you’re here too, I can’t remember, sorry :( ) it’s cooled down a decent amount so we aren’t constantly sweating. It’s amazing.

Girls I wrote it on another thread but I saw baby kick from the outside last night! I sit & talk to him/her at night when Ava’s in bed just for a bit of bonding too, it’s lovely :)

Missmarple!

How is the heat where you are cuddle? In the UK (unless you’re here too, I can’t remember, sorry :( ) it’s cooled down a decent amount so we aren’t constantly sweating. It’s amazing.

Girls I wrote it on another thread but I saw baby kick from the outside last night! I sit & talk to him/her at night when Ava’s in bed just for a bit of bonding too, it’s lovely :)

The heat is terrible. I'm in Nevada so we get roasted pretty hard, believe it or not it was 104 today and that's been the coolest so far. I so can't wait for summer to be over. I'm glad it's cooled down where you are, I really really hope it will ease off soon. Doing errands in the morning isn't the easiest just to avoid the heat.

I am so happy you can feel the little one move! I won't likely feel mine for a few more weeks, but from what I've heard since my emergency scan this little one is a runner lol!

Missmarple!

The heat is terrible. I'm in Nevada so we get roasted pretty hard, believe it or not it was 104 today and that's been the coolest so far. I so can't wait until for summer to be over. I'm glad it's cooled down where you are, I really really hope it will ease off soon. Doing errands in the morning isn't the easiest just to avoid the heat.

I am so happy you can feel the little one move! I won't likely feel mine for a few more weeks, but from what I've heard since my emergency scan this little one is a runner lol!

Gosh that heat is worse than here! Poor thing.

Hi everyone! It has been almost 100 degrees every day here in Missouri, so I feel like I'm melting. Not as bad as it is for you in Nevada, cuddlebug. It's a humid heat, which is the absolute worst!

I think I felt the baby move the other day, which was amazing, but I haven't felt it since, so maybe it was just gas. Who knows! :haha: I can't wait until I can feel baby move consistently.

missmarple- yeah, I look forward to winter a great deal lol! I know it can be cold but it's easier to move around in so long as you're layered.

Jamers- whoo, yeah, humidity sucks and I'm thankful to not have that and the temps we get here. I hope you're doing ok in that humid air, I find I can't breathe in it. Yay for feeling baby move! still waiting for mine to get big and strong enough for me to feel :D

missmarple- yeah, I look forward to winter a great deal lol! I know it can be cold but it's easier to move around in so long as you're layered.

Like I always say, you can put on a sweater a lot more easily than you can pull your skin off!

I love Spring, Fall, and Winter. Unfortunately, summer is 5 months here. :winkwink:

Summer is over, and it's autumn here. Our summer is regrettably short (the joke is that we have four seasons: winter, June, July, and August). And unfortunately, what summer we had was almost all cold and rainy, which is unusual here in the arctic desert!

I have my 18week appointment on Wednesday. I don't think they're doing a scan yet. Not even sure they'll be doing a scan at all, since I had NIPT.

Summer is over, and it's autumn here. Our summer is regrettably short (the joke is that we have four seasons: winter, June, July, and August). And unfortunately, what summer we had was almost all cold and rainy, which is unusual here in the arctic desert!

I have my 18week appointment on Wednesday. I don't think they're doing a scan yet. Not even sure they'll be doing a scan at all, since I had NIPT.

I think they will do a scan. I already knew it was a girl, and then I had a 15 week scan, so I remarked I probably wouldn't be getting the 18-20 week scan to the ultrasound tech. She looked very serious, and said "oh no, I will NEED to see you to get those measurements."

Speaking of the NIPT tests, I got an "Explanation of Benefits" from my insurance company where they don't cover the tests and I "may owe" $10,000!!!!!!

I did a little online research and it seems that it is commonly rejected the first time, and they file again. If it's rejected again, they send you a bill, you call the testing company, and they charge you something between $0 and $150 to settle. Insurance scam? At any rate, I sure hope something like that is going to happen! I've decided not to worry about it until I see a bill.

I had it done with DS and my insurance did indeed reject the claim. The bill was $8,000, but I called the testing company and they settled for $250. They explained that they do overcharge the insurance companies so that they can afford to settle with the uninsured and rejected patients.

This time, I am "advanced maternal age," so my insurance company is supposed to cover it as a medically necessary test. Go figure.

I had it done with DS and my insurance did indeed reject the claim. The bill was $8,000, but I called the testing company and they settled for $250. They explained that they do overcharge the insurance companies so that they can afford to settle with the uninsured and rejected patients.

This time, I am "advanced maternal age," so my insurance company is supposed to cover it as a medically necessary test. Go figure.

I am also "advanced."

Did they suggest the $250 figure to you?

With DS, yes, that's the number they offered me when I called them and explained that insurance had denied my claim.

I have a different insurance company now and while the coverage is actually worse, it's SUPPOSED to cover NIPT if you are AMA. I will argue it if they don't.

I'm also going through a different testing company this time, which is the result of having to use a different doctor's office, and they contract with a different testing company.

So complicated!

With DS, yes, that's the number they offered me when I called them and explained that insurance had denied my claim.

I have a different insurance company now and while the coverage is actually worse, it's SUPPOSED to cover NIPT if you are AMA. I will argue it if they don't.

I'm also going through a different testing company this time, which is the result of having to use a different doctor's office, and they contract with a different testing company.

So complicated!

Thanks for sharing your experience. My testing company is NxGen and insurance is Blue Cross. Keeping my fingers crossed for a free outcome! :wacko:

Blue Cross/Blue Shield is the insurance I had when I was pregnant with DS, and they denied my claim (the testing company then was Natera, and they were super easy to deal with).

Good luck!

Finally had my scan :) so glad all is well

Attachments

• 20180815_153844.jpg
    20180815_153844.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
Thank you! Next stop gender scan on Wednesday. I saw nothing in that scan as the woman just quickly checked length of baby, length of head and heartbeat. Baby was sleeping anyhow. I'm so excited now for Wednesday. Hope everyone is well.

Aww, that's a great shot!

Saw my OB for my monthly appointment yesterday. We've scheduled my 20-week scan for next week! How is it already that far along in this pregnancy?!

The first scan never takes very long, my anomaly/anatomy scan is on Monday.. 3 days!! That’ll take about half hour apparently so I get to stare at baby much longer <3

Dill that’s exactly how I feel! I’m struggling to believe I’m 19 weeks 4 Days in!

17 weeks tomorrow for me and it's flown in. We got our gender scan. Another wee girl. That's 5 girls and 1 boy lol. Poor thing is going to have a hard time with all these sisters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->