January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Angel - that sounds like you and your dr have found a good arrangement knowing you and your past. Do not feel like you are a failure at all! Knowing your limitations is a good thing, and it's great to be proactive if you are at risk for depression. Your baby will thank you!

VRogers - sorry you've had no dilation either! It's disappointing, isn't it? That's exciting you have your induction booked. I do hope you go before then, and I'm sure there's a good chance you will. I believe I would not be induced until 41 + 1 and by then I would definitely be more than ok with induction as like you going overdue makes me nervous.

Angel (again) - I'm really sorry you're going to end up owing money when you get back! That really sucks actually! I have opted to terminate my coverage over my year off as I can't afford my premiums while not working. However, I live in Canada so my basic health care (dr's appointments/hospital visits) are covered publically anyway, and my DH has some coverage for prescriptions and dentists so we will be fine without it.

Greats - good luck just relaxing and taking things as they come. I'm sure labour will come very soon!

AFM - one day back at work already wrecked me. It was my day off today but already needed a full two hour nap to survive. Couldn't even think of making supper but thankfully my mom surprised me and offered to bring me a rotisserie chicken. Just two more days of work and if I can survive those, hopefully I can actually catch up on sleep before this baby comes.

Angel I have to pay my premiums while I'm out too, and I'm JEALOUS of your $300/month. Mine are over $1,000. It's insanity. DH and I thankfully saved a lot of money over the last few months, so we'll be fine, but it's truly criminal how expensive and shitty healthcare is here.

I think my practice will wait until a few days after 41 weeks before inducing. Hope to goodness it doesn't come to that.

Well my little one had a mind of her own. My water broke December 19th and Londyn was born via c-section a couple of hours later weighing 6lbs 5oz. She is the sweetest little thing. I had a feeling I wouldn't make it until January.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 10
Massive congrats wantabelly! Londyn is such a lovely name, and she is so so gorgeous in the picture you shared! Glad to hear you're both doing well!

Congrats, wantabelly! How far along were you when she arrived? She's beautiful! Thanks for updating.

Slammer - wow, those premiums are atrocious! I'm very thankful we have public healthcare here, even if there are some major downsides (long wait times for important procedures, etc.). I hope you don't go that overdue either!

It feels so weird not having Ali update in the last couple days! She is probably the most active member on here so it is strange to not see her updates. Soon we are all going to be very preoccupied with our LOs!

Congratulations, WantaBelly! Love her name!

Angel, I developed prenatal depression at the beginning of this pregnancy and have been on 50mg of Zoloft (sertraline) since 6 weeks. It has made a WORLD of difference, I can't even begin to describe to you. I honestly should have asked for something years ago. I had some anger issues and when the depression hit this pregnancy, I knew I needed help. It'll take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to fully kick in to where you notice a difference, but once it does kick in, you'll definitely realize it! I refuse to ever get off it. My body was obviously lacking in this department with producing whatever is necessary to balance me out, and I truly believe the sertraline saved me. I am not angry anymore, I am WAY more calm and understanding with not only my husband but my girls! And my depression hasn't bothered me at all since starting it.

Thank you ladies! I'm still really apprehensive but since my doctor seems to think it's best I'm trying to stay calm because being anxious does not help! BP was a tad high today as well, seems like it kept steady climbing

Angel- I think you are doing what's best regarding the medicine. Take care of yourself first so you can take care of baby. No shame in needing any kind of help be it counseling or medicine, in my book! I'm sorry you are having to deal with that

Wantabelly- she's precious, congratulations!!! Love the way you spelled her name

Literati- I agree, I miss her updates! I imagine it'll be a little quiet in here when we all have newborns but definitely think it'll pick back up! :)

I was just thinking about AliJo too! We're holding down the fort pretty well though for now. I'm sure after a lull from birth recoveries we'll all be back here to complain about feeding, sleeping, changing diapers, etc. :)

Congrats wantabelly! She's lovely.

BABY IS HERE!!!!

My baby girl was born yesterday 1/3/2017 at 11:40 pm in an accidental home birth!!

Hopefully I get around to writing the story soon to share with you all.

Oh my goodness, congratulations momtastic!!! Can't wait to hear your story - sounds like it was a wild ride!!!

Momtastic- wow congratulations!! Can't wait to read the story when you're up to sharing!

Momtastic, congratulations! Oooo I can't wait to hear all about it!

So how's everyone else holding up? I'm trying so hard to just relax and let my body do its thing, but at the same time I find myself getting really anxious. Contractions just started up again, but I can already tell it's just this prodromal labor... 3 minutes apart lasting 40 seconds. Not very painful, but more intense than just my regular braxton hicks. I'm hoping they don't last all night, again. I need sleep! Lol

Momtastic - wow, congratulations! That sounds very exciting - can't wait to hear the whole story!

Greats - I hope it actually picks up and is the real deal! Sorry you're having so many false starts!

Aw congratulations new mummies. Such a cutie Wantabelly and Momtastic I can't wait to hear your birth story as I'm hoping for a home birth!

Greats - fingers crossed your body stops playing tricks on you.

I keep having stop start tightenings, some a little painful some not at all. Have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow, can't decide whether to accept a stretch & sweep or not? I was adamant I wouldn't as Inwant to avoid any kind of interference and just want to let my body do its thing naturally and in its own time but I'm getting so fed up and impatient. I never managed to have a s&s with my other 2 because my cervix was never favourable until after labour had started so I'm also worried that if I agree to one tomorrow she'll tell me it's not favourable and that will really mess with my mindset and perhaps stall my labour further!

Jess...same position as me. I have never been over before so this is new to me! I have decided to decline a sweep today as I am ok being 40weeks. I am happy to go to 41+5 without a plan. I am fed up and peed off BUT I need to give my body more time. As annoyed as I am 40+4 really isnt much over in the scheme of things. X

I think I'll follow your lead Midnight. I know I just need to trust my body on this and like I said i'll only be disappointed if I find I'm not favourable anyway! I think I'm just anxious about the pressure they put on here to be induced at 40+13 and each of my pregnancies have got longer and I'm so desperately longing my home birth!

Same RE home birth. I feel like induction would be not what i want for the sake of holding out. Im preying my body does this as my signs get less every day haha but il asses again in a weeks time xx

thanks all for well wishes re tongue tie- it was painless and over really fast, but his tongue will feele very different now so he has to learn to latch on again. Need to persevere with him. In the mean time, im expressing and feeding him via bottle.

angel- no recovery period, he was fine straight after it, he just bled a little but that was over quickly. If i were you, i would try and get as much sleep and rest as poss during mat leave. once baby is here you are going to be so much more tired. Honestly, i am exhuasted.
I had no idea there were no different dilation's- wow! i drank lots of rasberry leaf to :)
And i guess going on the meds will help- fingers crossed. you need to do what is best, so well done :) please do not feel like a failure about it in any way!!

Newbie- so nice to hear from you and glad all is going well :)

lit- now is the time to do all the pre baby things you need to do! :)

vrogers- induction date- that is exciting and scary i am sure! hopefully she will make an appearance before that!

wantabelly- massive congrats! what a beautiful name!

momtastic- massive congrats to you also, cant wait to hear the story!

good luck to those waiting for labour i hope the wait isn't long for you now.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->