January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I would view brown discharge as plug. I would see it as a sure sign.

Vix...i think mines in forever too lol xx

greats- how frustrating- hope things get regular for you soon

kksy- sounds promising, dtd a few more times!

lit- my goodness that is cold, i would just want to hibernate also!

anababe- glad u are ok

Pompey - yah for mat leave!

chitown- i have a feeling youwill go over 40 weeks, dunno why... hope u are well

sunshine0 sounds promising and maybe the early stages. Mine started off with waters breaking but i did start getting discharge etc after. fingers crossed!

Still 1cm, just very sore from all the contractions! It's going to be a very long prodromal labor. My doctor said to not bother going to L&D until my contractions are 2 minutes apart for over an hour or if my waters break.

Oh man, sorry you're having such a stop-and-go experience greats.

Sunshine I was losing plug and having intermittent contractions for three days with yfirst before real "active" labor started.

Nothing exciting here!

I've got my 38/39w appointment tomorrow (Dr says I'm 38w until Thursday, I say I'm 39w already :haha: ). I'm REALLY hoping she checks my cervix and gives me some sort of news. I haven't had a cervix check at all and I just want to know if ANYTHING is happening.

Ali - Congrats!! Thanks for sharing the story, I'm so glad that this was an easier labor than your first! Can't wait for pics! <3

Greats - oh wow! Your body just doesn't want to do things all at once! Sounds so frustrating that you're still only at 1cm! FX things progress soon!

Literati - Yay for being about done with work! :happydance: And welcome to the "near/full term" era! So funny how half the people call it full at 37w and the other half call it near. So many different views on it all.

vrogers - I had a similar situation - thought contractions were starting but it was gas! :haha: Wow, what crazy things pregnancy does!

pompey - that's how I felt today - like I had absolutely no structure or routine. I've been on xmas break for the last 2 weeks as a teacher but with the holidays I Had things I Had to do, and now today knowing that the kiddos are back at school and I wasn't there teaching I felt very... off. It's odd. I think once our babies come it will be so much easier to be on mat leave!

Sunshine - this is also my first and things are so confusing sometimes. I have read that period like cramping can be a sign of early labor. A friend of mine told me she never had the definite "contractions" that people talk about until after she was 5-6cm, it was all just period cramping feeling until then (she didn't realize she was in labor until her water broke and she wnt to hospital and they said she was already 6cm). I guess everyone is different. But the brown CM sounds promising.

Greats - that's too bad you never even dilated from any of that! :( interesting about not going in until 2 min apart. Did you wait that long with your previous kids?

I actually lost blood-tinged mucus plug probably 3 weeks before I went into labour last time. And I had the odd contraction here and there for weeks... but then when I did go into real labour, my early labour was very brief. Only 2 hours before I was in active labour (which proceeded to take FOREVER! :p).

I've had tons of crampy BH all day today. But, nothing else too major! My dr appointment is tomorrow where I will get my GBS swab and if she offers I will get her to check my progress. I doubt I'm dilated at all but would be interesting to find out!

Literati, no not at all! My first I was always told the standard 5-10 mins apart. My 2nd I was induced so that was easy enough. But maybe because I live so close to the hospital? No idea. Either way, I'm not going in or even calling until my water breaks or I have a bloody show with contractions or something like that. It's so confusing!

Greats - That really is very confusing! I hope the real deal starts very soon for you!

Angel - I think we posted at the same time! Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your mat leave. Sorry you're feeling a bit lost now that kids are back in school. Do you have anything left to prepare for baby to keep you busy?

I've had lower back pain all evening, only on my right side and pretty low. I'm wondering if it's because of how low baby is? Hoping not because she's sunny side up, but I'll ask tomorrow at my appointment if my doc can tell me!

I just feel so. done. I want this baby out and I know you can all relate!

Greats...same here. They are contractions NOT BH I am certain of that...but they stopped 2am when LO woke...i was sick now back to totally irregular xx

Not enjoying all the mind games my body is playing with me, haha... Agree with the previous Posters who said this is worse than the two week wait! Aaah!!

I woke about 1am having what I thought were contractions, managed to get back to sleep til 3am and had more for around an hour, regular every 5 minutes for about a minute each time! Very painful but only across my abdomen, I'm guessing these are braxton hicks, but I've never had these before so not totally sure-but they were super painful! Baby was also kicking like mad so made me get up and take paracetamol and check babies heart rate was ok (156) managed to get back to sleep and woke to nothing :( how annoying!

Hope everyone else has managed a good nights sleep!

Like it midnight .. Hope things get more regular soon, ive felt sick but not been sick thankfully.. that's not nice for u .. Frustrating ! xx

Sunshine .. How Frustrating !! Hope things get going again soon for u &#65039;xx im on baby number 4 ..my BH are very tight and I can feel Indtany pressure low down and around back like I need to have BM ..can't really move with them until they pass.. They are very uncomfortable but not painful like true contraction .. Hopefully yours are doing something if they are painful &#65039;xx hopefully not long now ..

That's a great poem midnight! I had at least 7 people text me yesterday to see if baby arrived... Waa! I'm like- I will definitely tell you- I promise- when baby is here &#128584;

Thanks apple- I hope pain means good!!

Midnight- oh I love that!!

Sunshine- that sounds so frustrating but it does sound like your body is really preparing itself, you are so close!

Sunshine, did a midwife suggest paracetamol? I just started reading about it after you mentioned it because I have literally never heard of an over-the-counter pain reliever being suggested for early labor pains. It seems to be a common thing suggested by midwives in the UK though now that I'm looking it up. The US equivalent is Tylenol but like I said, never heard of it being suggested here. Interesting difference.

greats- that must be a pain, i really hope things pick up for you, but i am sure you won't have long to go now :)

vrogers- maybe head is more engaged and you are feeling the pressure more? hope it's soon for you

midnight- how are you? that poem is really lovely! all the babies will come when they are ready and are perfect as they are- whether it's early or late or right on 40 weeks

sunshine- the texts must be annoying, fingers crossed for you :)

slammer- they do suggest paracetamol to help ease early labour pains but in my antenatal classes we were told to try and avoid it as it can make labour longer overall.

baby Isa was born with a tongue tie, and it's made BF hard for him, so i normally express with a pump. but today he is getting a procedure to get the tongue tie fixed. Its a very simple and easy procedure but i am still so worried and scared for my little bub. wish us luck!

Good luck to you and baby Isa Ally! Hope all goes well. Also hope you're wrong about me going over 40 weeks, haha, but I have a feeling you're right too!

I'm starting to get the texts too Sunshine, they're getting on my nerves!

Beautiful poem midnight!

Had my 39 week appointment today. I moved from a 1 to a 1.5cm dilated (not much, but I'll take it) and am 80% effaced! Good news is that doctor said if I have to be induced they won't need to do any cervical ripening. Yay for the upside I guess!

Ally - yeah, I was reading a blog post that suggested it might prolong things. I'm hoping to have this baby quickly, haha!

Sorry to hear Isa's got a tongue tie. I hope the revision works and you can get back to feeding from the breast!

Ally hope it goes well - it'll make a huge difference to feeding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->