January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Well my hubby and I decided that we’d try this month since I knew he was going to be home all month. Turns out ...

baby #3 is coming next June.

67D36E97-297B-4A40-9695-B0C76A469FAD.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS, Thorpedo!! Nice to have another one join the Baby #3 club! June is a great due date! How are you feeling and how are things going?

Literati_love- Thank you! I'm doing good. just made it to 7 weeks. I just feel super nervous, a lot of people in my June group have already lost their little ones. I just want a scan and see this little bub.

How are you feeling? Do know what your third little is?

Ahh yes, the first trimester is so nerve wracking! I constantly felt convinced that it would be over for me, but thankfully baby is still here and doing great! I’m glad you’re doing okay otherwise. When can you get a scan?

I am feeling okay but very worn out already! We are having another girl...so we’ll have 3 girls! :) Are you going to find out the gender when you can?

Long update warning !!

Hi ladies, first time on here in many months x exciting month coming up , can’t wait to hear for baby updates x

Just thought id pop in here as don’t really like putting stuff on facebook.

Things were settling for a few months worh me and oh but her there was still some things that were concerning me, bit of silent treatment at times and general moodiness that I basically couldn’t be arsed with any more. My oh has been through a lot with bereavement but I needed to focus on myself and the boys as there is only so many times you can try to make things better.

I felt I really needed some space then unfortunately we had a bad experience with my teen, he had got into a peer group that I really wasn’t best pleased with. Started to mess around at school, he has left school now and is at college but was quite hard work after for a while. Just pushing boundaries really , normal teenage stuff but one night I got a call from the police saying they had found him in a poorly state at a music festival. I ended up on blue light to A&E in ambulance and he had been spiked with ketamine. That’s what he is telling me anyway after. I’m. It conceived but It was really scary, The paramedics told us after they had to work on him for 2 mins as he stopped breathing, I was devastated. we got him home ok and he seems to be keeping on right side of things now. I’ve restricted his money just in case and keeping very close eye on him.

Let’s just say my OH wasn’t really as supportive in the way I would have liked after the event. I could tell my son felt really uncomfortable in the house. I did at times to be honest, felt on egg shells again and regular ladies will remember that this isn’t the first time, so basically decided enough was enough.
I just couldn't think straight and was never going to be able to in that house the way things were.
My eldest son lived in my marital home that I kept after my divorce 10 yrs ago so after a chat with him it was agreed that he would move in with his girlfriends parents and I’d move back into my house with my two youngest and my teen and that’s what I did , 1st October !
Had to totally start from scratch even though I own everything in the other house I just wanted some space, I left the house not him. He totally went to pot when I left and then said all the expected things, all his fault, got himself to blame , going to change , going to therapy ..,,,,,,,,, has he been ?? no ..,not surprised and old cracks starting to appear to be honest. His older kids, my step kids have totally got my back and have been really nice with me and have distanced themselves from him. Which is not what I want for him but they have same concerns and he needs to start and listen.

It’s been really hard but Ive just focussed on me. I see him a couple of times a week on my terms.. we will see what future will bring, but for now I do what I want with my kids In my house and it’s great ! I sit in my onsie with my candles-and watch box sets and chill lol..
since I’ve left the concerns I have are actually worse as it now clear just how much I did and how my support impacted him in a positive way.
I decided I needed to go full time which isn’t great but I’ve got it to do being on my own.
I went for a post as a senior therapist / supervisor role in children’s mental health services , really good money and only went and got it !! Start 1st feb !! They have already put me on a post grad in supervision. So back at uni. Cba with that bit but will be worth it I suppose.
My teen is much better with me in this house, back at College and starting driving lessons. My friends often come round to see me. X

Well that my update sorry for the length but it’s been a while !

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a great new year x I’ve started my keto today , did it last year and lost loads and felt great. Wanting to feel better In self b4 new job lol.. Fingers crossed I can stick it as lots of planning x

Hi Apple! Thanks for the update! I understand not wanting to put things on Facebook.

That sounds like a stressful situation with your teen and with your OH. I’m glad you’re out in your own place and getting some space for now. I’m sorry to hear his behaviour hasn’t changed or improved since. :( I can only imagine how stressful the transition must have been but it sounds like you and the kids are all doing pretty well!

My DH and I recently went through an extremely rocky spell and almost split but are now making it work but I can relate to how incredibly stressful and all consuming it can be. :( Hugs. I hope things work out well with your new job and with all the changes that have occurred. And I hope your teen stays out of trouble in the future!

Apple- wow, you’ve been through a lot recently with your teen and oh! I’m glad your teen has come around and is doing better. It sounds like you are absolutely doing the right thing for your kids and yourself by getting some space from your oh. It says a lot that his own kids support you. I wish for the best possible outcome for you, whatever that is. The job also sounds like an amazing change! I hope the transition goes well for both you and your kids!
:hugs:

Apple sorry to hear you have been through so much lately. I totally understand how your feeling though as I've been through similar this year with OH, we live separate and are still together sharing care of the children. We live as a normal family we just sleep in different houses (they are on the same street though so very close) and although not the normal way to do things it works for us at the moment. Hope things get better for you and you enjoy your new job!

I havent even got round to posting this to fb yet but my little man is here. He arrived on Christmas eve 2 weeks early weighing 8lb4! Will post photos over in the fb group when I get a min later!

Thanks for the comments ladies, it’s been rough still is to a point but I’m ploughing through. I went into work today and blitz loads of my uni work. I’m just taking one day at a time. It’s ollies birthday next week and I’m just going to be doing a small thing I think. Too much hassle with dynamics with family and oh.

Lit: sorry to hear you had a rough patch hun, hope it stays settled x hope u r doing ok in yourself x

vrogers: thanks hun, yeah looking forward to the new job.. well kind of , bit nervous but I’ll be ok once settled in. There are a few members of staff there that work for my oh on the crisis team he runs, I know for sure they definitely don’t know anything about our personal my life as oh is a very private person but it’s still a little bit strange. Also bit annoying as that all praise him all the time I’ll just sit and say nothing lol x

Anababe .. firstly congrats hun, hope you are all doing well. That news is way more important than my waffle haha x !! Great weight xx

sorry to hear that you are in a similar situation but glad it’s working for u for now. That’s just the way I’m seeing it. I’m taking one day at a time and seeing how things go. I am actually getting used to a bit of time for myself actually. It’s nice to to have to think about anyone apart from me and kids at time x

take care ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->