January/ February Snowflakes 2024

33 weeks. Feeling and looking big. But grateful for what health baby and I have.
Also, I am 38. So, one of the older moms.

PXL_20231124_210712220.jpg

Need to have a catch up at some point but thought as I had a minute I would quickly update. Little man was born wednesday morning at 34+2. Not sure what caused him to come so early. I took the children to school. Just as I was getting out of the car I got hit with a strong sharp pain where I was stuck half in and half out of the car it was so strong. I thought once I got home and sat it would all ease but sitting made it worse and after half an hour I was starting to get panicked by them. Dh was in bed from his night shift so I had to wake him in the end after calling in and being told to come up. They put me on the monitor and was having contractions and they did the test to see if my body was going into labour and it came back positive so they sent me over to labour ward. I was in quite a state by this point as it was so scary being so early. Was contracting all day and at 2am they came in and said they weren’t happy with his heart rate as it kept dropping with contractions so they gave me the option of C-section or break my waters. Opted for my waters to be broken. Labour was so intense and painful. I usually manage fine with just gas and air but it wasn’t helping me at all this time. I wasn’t allowed pethidine because it could have affected his heart more so I ended up begging for an epidural which is not something I would usually want. I even would have agreed to a C-section it was so bad and I’m terrified of that. I got sat up for the epidural and she put two lots of anaesthetic in, I don’t know how because once I was sat up the contractions where one on top of the other and then I got the urge to push. They laid me back and his head was there and out he came. So I just avoided the epidural on the end. Considering how early he is he’s a good weight of 6lbs 2oz. He’s dinky but doesn’t look premature. They gave him a little help with his breathing and he’s been doing great with that himself so he’s been allowed to stay with me. He’s struggling with his blood sugars so he has a feeding tube and we could potentially have to now stay here until his due date. He definetly would have been a big boy if we’d have gone full term but as he’s come early it’s benefited him being a good size. So where he was gonna likely be my biggest he’s now my smallest. He’s like a little doll. I think I’m still in shock to be honest and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. Not sure how to feel about losing the last of my pregnancy so early and I don’t understand why he came so early. Feeling very sleep deprived and dazed at the moment and I’m worrying a little how it’s gonna make me feel once I process it. But he’s just perfect and he’s doing well so far. We’ve called him Charlie
895a61dc-e5fb-4cda-9ae0-546d76363463.jpeg

Oh my gosh @Laurabub84 congratulations he is just gorgeous! Wow what a shock and you must be reeling, I hope you all settle in well and enjoy those sweet baby snuggles. He is absolutely precious and looks incredible for being early! Sending lots of love mama <3

Oh my goodness welcome Charlie! What a shock to have him so early! The ultrasound was not wrong about his size though my goodness what a hefty boy for only 34 weeks.
I pray his sugars regulate and he doesn't need the feeding tube for long so you can have him home for Christmas.

Congratulations Laurabub
Need to have a catch up at some point but thought as I had a minute I would quickly update. Little man was born wednesday morning at 34+2. Not sure what caused him to come so early. I took the children to school. Just as I was getting out of the car I got hit with a strong sharp pain where I was stuck half in and half out of the car it was so strong. I thought once I got home and sat it would all ease but sitting made it worse and after half an hour I was starting to get panicked by them. Dh was in bed from his night shift so I had to wake him in the end after calling in and being told to come up. They put me on the monitor and was having contractions and they did the test to see if my body was going into labour and it came back positive so they sent me over to labour ward. I was in quite a state by this point as it was so scary being so early. Was contracting all day and at 2am they came in and said they weren’t happy with his heart rate as it kept dropping with contractions so they gave me the option of C-section or break my waters. Opted for my waters to be broken. Labour was so intense and painful. I usually manage fine with just gas and air but it wasn’t helping me at all this time. I wasn’t allowed pethidine because it could have affected his heart more so I ended up begging for an epidural which is not something I would usually want. I even would have agreed to a C-section it was so bad and I’m terrified of that. I got sat up for the epidural and she put two lots of anaesthetic in, I don’t know how because once I was sat up the contractions where one on top of the other and then I got the urge to push. They laid me back and his head was there and out he came. So I just avoided the epidural on the end. Considering how early he is he’s a good weight of 6lbs 2oz. He’s dinky but doesn’t look premature. They gave him a little help with his breathing and he’s been doing great with that himself so he’s been allowed to stay with me. He’s struggling with his blood sugars so he has a feeding tube and we could potentially have to now stay here until his due date. He definetly would have been a big boy if we’d have gone full term but as he’s come early it’s benefited him being a good size. So where he was gonna likely be my biggest he’s now my smallest. He’s like a little doll. I think I’m still in shock to be honest and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. Not sure how to feel about losing the last of my pregnancy so early and I don’t understand why he came so early. Feeling very sleep deprived and dazed at the moment and I’m worrying a little how it’s gonna make me feel once I process it. But he’s just perfect and he’s doing well so far. We’ve called him Charlie
View attachment 1117535
Congratulations Laurabub84! You must be absolutely reeling from such an unexpected early birth! Charlie is just beautiful. I really hope his sugars get better and he gets to come home soon. :) So amazing to see the first babe from this group. I gives me hope that even if my baby boy comes early, that he will be okay.

Oh wow @Laurabub84 well I didn't expect that update!! Congratulations and I just love the name. Gosh he would have been huge at full term! He looks just perfect I hope you are both doing well and you are recovering from the shock!! X

Lovely bump @littlewitch you must be so glad bubba is staying in!!
What on earth is with my ticker?? How is that a food and what is it the size of? Like huh?

Screenshot_20231206-105144.png

Just realised it says 91 days to go though!! Down to double digits!!

Can't seem to change my emotion thingy either - stuck on 'I'm breezy' forever lol

I can't believe how soon it is! All my babies have been 9/10lbs so I'm expecting this one will be too. I'm so uncomfortable already but I have a lot of water apparently so that probably isn't helping too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonzalo123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->