January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Lintu - baby is practising it's swimming, future gold medalist's we're all growing here! :haha:

Hi all, Im here! Thanks Rees for updating and making the thread.

Pretty sure Im feeling baby moving a lot now, reassuring after last weekend.

I really hope Im not staying yellow, cant wait to find out!!!!!

Lintu - baby is practising it's swimming, future gold medalist's we're all growing here! :haha:

:rofl: deffo, with the length of my LO's legs gona put its name down for long jump, :rofl:

That's good LM :) Always reassuring :)

Lintu - long jump sounds like a good asperation :)

Just watching the stuff on the olympics on BBC News, and phoar! Tom Daly ain't half looking fit! Although I feel pervy as he's only about 16!

morning ladies!

Rees i am team yellow too :)

mmm pancakes for brekie

Hey ladies, thought i would drop in and say hi.

I am due jan 4th. I haven't felt ANYTHING yet!! Getting a bit worried. have next scan next a week on Friday (was supposed to be last Friday but they cancelled). I do seem to be getting bigger so I don't feel too worried just that everyone else seems to already be feeling movement :(

Hopefully soon.

:)

Hey Everyone! :wave:

Thanks Rees for updating the group :thumbup:

I was 'supposed' to be team yellow but cant really decide what to do! Looking at daisys :blue::pink: signs make me really want to find out what growing inside me but I also want a surprise lol. I wish I could find out and then unfind out! :haha:

Hows everyone been?? Yay for being in 2nd tri! I honestly havnt been on BnB for about a month I think! I've just been so busy with my toddler and work and organising my house and exams - which I passed with a B! :thumbup:. I've been potty training my 27month old and she has done soooo well! Im so proud of her! and her speech is progressing so well too! She amazes me everyday with her words and sentences. But boy does she have energy to burn! She wears me out pretty fast these days! She's in CONSTANT need of entertaining and doing creative things otherwise she turns into a right terror! Lol

Anyway, enough of the blabbing :blush:. Cant believe Im already almost 17weeks! I'll post a bump pic later on if I remember.

I have my gender scan on 15th August :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thanks again rees for updating! And hope you ladies are all doing well!

xx

Thanks for the advice ladies! I tried the doppler again last night, and kept picking up my pulse, but eventually after perseveering I managed to pick up baby's heartbeat. Was definately it because it sounded like a train going past and was a lot quicker than mine! Was so exciting. Then I picked up something else... could hear baby's heartbeat still, and then could hear a slower, louder whooshing sound, that didn't sound like my pulse. It was very strange! Mega happy now i've heard it! I found it just above my pubic bone, slightly on the left, then it moved to middle, then to right so think he was trying to escape the contraption!!

My gender scan is a week tomorrow! Just praying he or she spreads them legs enough to tell!

forgot to add... when can baby start to hear sounds?

Yeahy kezz, from about 16 weeks, but will only react to individual voices / sounds around 25 weeks xxxx

Thats great Kezz, its so nice hearing the heartbeat isnt it.

Should hopefully hear LOs again next Friday at the MWs, Ive heard it twice now but OH hasnt heard so he is really looking forward to it.

3RAR - I wanted pancakes but we don't have anything in :( going to go and buy some to pop in the toaster tomorrow morning so I can actually attempt to eat something before I go back to work!

firstpreg - This is my 2nd baba so I know what to look out for, with Tegan I felt flutters at 14 weeks and started to get kicks around 18/20 weeks, my OH didn't feel kicks until much later than that!

Jaz - yay for the potty training! Is it easier than you expected? We're thinking of starting after Tegan's birthday, last night she knew her bum needed changing after she'd done a particularly smelly poo and grabbed 3 nappies, when daddy opened one she took it back off him and sat on it and tried to put it on :haha:

I'll put you down as team yellow then and change it if you find out :)

Kezz - :happydance: did your OH manage to hear the heartbeat too? Not long to go until your sexing scan, I wish I was finding out early, I've got 4 weeks until my NHS one, I should be having right now in 4 weeks time :)

LM - I was so glad that my OH was there last Thursday when we heard the heartbeat :) He wasn't there at many of my appointments with Tegan when we could hear her heartbeat. I'll get to hear this ones again on Wednesday, don't know if I'll take my mum or my OH, think Tegs had better stay at home though!

We're off to view a 3 bedroom house later, they're dropped the rent by £20 a month and I thought that £625 is better than £645, so hopefully it'll be a nice size. Roll on 3:45! :)

Hope you all have a nice day, seems to be cloudy here at the moment, hopefully it's not too humid! xx

Yeh my OH heard it. He wasn't quite as enthusiastic as I was though... he came in from walking the dogs and I shouted him i'd found it, and he first filled the dogs bowl, locked all the doors, made himself a drink of juice, came upstairs, got changed and then sat down to listen... I was a bit peeved that he was all overexcited like me, but I think he resents me spending £20 on it without telling him maybe! Although later on when I went to the toilet he seemed pretty enthusiastic about listening to his own heartbeat on it Men! I've been trying to get him to read this book I got as well about babies, seen as this is our first and we are more or less clueless, and our families don't live very close to help, but he isn't too enthusiastic about that as well. He's very 'let's wait till it comes' about everything, which pees me off cause I'm much more of a plan and buy and nest type! Still... he keeps getting me to bid on baby stuff on ebay so maybe I shouldn't complain too much! He's let me buy a travel cot, a moses basket, a crib, a baby bath, a breast pump, bottles, a baby gym and a few other bits and bobs! lol

Not a bad list so far then Kezz :)

I bought Luke a book, I think it was called "From Lad to Dad" it somehow seems to have disappeared! I kept trying to get him to read it, but he was having none of it! Grrr, he is more interested now though and I catch him reading our "What to Expect: The Toddler Years" although that book seems to have disappeared too! (I think Tegan has put it somewhere!)

Luke seems to be a bit more interested this time around, but he knows what to expect now and the whole thing isn't so scary to him now I think!

If we had a doppler Luke would do the same thing and find his heart beat. His mum had a TENS machine for her back and him and his brother kept trying to shock each other with it by putting it on the highest setting!

Boys never grow up.... :haha:

Rees - My OH was at all but one of Annie's appointments. He tries to be as involved as possible with all those kind of things but he missed the last appointment with this one as they were kind of made in a rush.

Kezz - My OH isnt in a rush to get things sorted out either, Ive got tonnes of stuff in the loft that is going to need sorting, washing or putting together etc. and he's like "oh, we've got like 4 months before we need to sort it out!"

Haha! That sounds about right! He's strange about stuff.. I mean we both want a baby a heck of a lot, and had to go through a lot to get here, and whenever we go for scan's etc he takes time off work and comes and loves seeing the baby and everything. Maybe i'm just expecting a bit too much from him. I think he just has a different attitude to me about things. I am really impatient and want everything now, whereas he's annoyingly patient and is just like 'let's just wait and see'. It's really frustrating! lol.

Awww, our menfolk are funny :)

Luke got a different job when I was 14 weeks last time around and he couldn't get the time off like he could when he was working part time, now he doesn't work but we've had 2 scans and he's been to those but was on his way out the door when the MW came round for the booking in appointment :)

I also want to get the baby bouncer out and get it washed by the end of September, it's been packed away for a year now (even though it's infant to toddler, but Tegs got a leather chair and footstool for her birthday from 2 of my aunties :) )

I'm so glad that I bought neutral things for Tegan, it's meant that we've spent so much less this time around, I'm glad I talked Luke in to buying the £50 bouncer - £25 per child isn't too bad :D Might even be able to sell it on after this one is done with it!

We've kept the jumperoo and the inflatable ring seat thing, even though the zip has busted, hopefully the inner tube bit still inflates!

Some of her toddler stuff is pink though, like pink brick, pink bounce and go zebra etc... But so much of it is going to be reusable :)

I think its different for men. I know when I was pregnant with Annie as soon as I started to feel her move I felt very connected and bonded with her, and she never let my OH feel her kick, and whilst we have to make changes to our lifestyles straight away not much changes for them until there is a baby in their arms.

I dont know, its just my opinion, but I know as soon as I went into labour something clicked in my OH and the realisation kicked in.

Rees Ive told OH I want everything sorted and put together by Xmas just in LO wants out in a hurry like Annie did because Im not having a massive rush to it all over Xmas.

Lol, LM, I start my leave at 31 weeks (3 weeks hols before mat leave :) ) and that's the week that Xmas WILL be more or less sorted, even though we've been saving £20 a month towards xmas and won't get it until the end of November!

All the baby stuff will be sorted by the end of November, just in case :)

My ideal scenario is to go into labour at just past 37 weeks, or on New Years Eve :) Would be nice to have a 2012 baby though, hmmm....

I want Tegs to have a lovely 3rd xmas with just mummy, daddy and the grandparents so that she has some hope of remembering it :)

Will anyone else be buying the baby a little pressie in case they come before xmas or on xmas day?

Luke was the same as your OH, but the realisation came on his birthday when I was told to go the hospital because they thought I had pre-eclampsia, it was also her due date and I got a sweep at the hospital and was already dilating, didn't have pre-eclampsia so was sent home and she appeared 3 days later :) So I think for me to ring him in tears and telling him we'd be picking him up on the way to hospital, and then seeing me hooked up to the machine to also monitor baby made it all the more real to him :shrug:

He adores her though and she loves her daddy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->