January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Can i join you please?:wacko:

My due date is 27th jan.... :happydance:

LM2104 - when I was last pregnant I had to fast over night and have a blood test first thing, then sit in the waiting room and drink - oh what's that energy/sports drink called? (baby brain) - wait a while and then have another blood test. They need to do two to check how the sugar effects your blood levels.

This is what my MW told me about it, yet someone I know has just had hers but didnt do any of the fasting.

Hi there :hi:
How are you doing?

I've got glucose tests scheduled but only at the end of Oct so I would presume that's when they usually do them. I need to fast for 12 hours, get bloods, drink a drink then wait 2 hours then they do bloods again.

my mum and 6yr niece are coming with me to my scan on the 5th sept, my niece is sooooo excited, she has a lil count down next to her bed :hugs:

whats everyone having for tea?? I cant decide

:hi: ladies

LM2104 I am always on edge these days too :shrug: hormones are def playing havoc with me :( :hugs:

LM2104 - I imagine if you are being tested this early it is just a fasting blood test. one off. The Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) is usually done at or around 28wks - (which is where you fast, blood, sugar drink 2 hr later bloods.) Otherwise it is done when you have 2 occassions of sugar in the urine. I would hazard a guess that if the GP has arranged it it is just the blood test nothing else. You may have the GTT also at 28wks if all bloods are normal?depends on your history etc.

So how is everyones appetite doing? Has anyone go off things or crave yet?? I not had any real cravings but i just can not stomach meat!! its annoying. Chicken is the only meat i can eat and be ok, anything else makes me feel like death or actually sik! :cry:
Im so fed up! i have a few days of feeling ok then i feel crap again. today has been a crappy day. i attempted pork tonight (being white n all) but i feel like i need to puke but cant! urghhh its horrible!

On the plus 16wks tomorrow !! Whoop whoop! :happydance: (ticker is a day out i cant remember how or be arsed to change it lol )

x

Hello All,

Haven't been on in a while and have been missing this great forum! Went to the Doc today and heard the babys heartbeat, which was 148. Next appointment is Sept 2 and we should find out the gender of our lil snowangel as long as he/she cooperates! I am SO excited!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lintu ur niece sounds so cute!

Maz I cant stomach much meat either, especially beef, although I have been trying to make myself eat some for the iron and that, but its hard especially if I get a fatty bit I have to get it out my mouth and then I cant eat anymore. And also cant eat chicken on the bone, which is horrible because I love chicken.

Im craving milkshakes, which I think isnt too bad because at least Im getting lots of calcium, but also baguettes, cooked in the oven with melted butter, which isnt good becuase of all the stodgy carbs!

5 weeks today until we find out if we're pink or blue. Its the 1st and last time I hope my baby is a flasher!

i find out in 3 hours if we are pink or blue!!! i am so excited! will let you know....

That's exciting 21. Hope you have a great scan.

I'm bored already today, OH at work, kids still asleep, wet hair because I dont want to wake them with the hair-dryer (lol) and I'm hungry but promised kids we'd have pancakes for breakfast. I guess it would be really wrong of me to eat on of the Jam filled muffins I made yesterday at 8.30am? Go down nicely with a cuppa :)

Question for you all - Maternity Dress for a wedding. Although I'm not in the wedding party I feature quite a bit, the gorgeous Coast dress I brought pre-BFP has no chance of fitting so any ideas what I could wear. Any colour I'm not worried, bridesmaid is in a burgandy type colour, men all in blue/purple tartan. Its 3weeks away today.
I've been looking at Next, DP, mothercare, nothing takes my fancy. I like classy elegant things (think Kate Middleston but fatter lol)

5 have you tried eBay? You can normally get some nice dresses there :hugs: iv got a wedding next weekend and then a couple of weeks later, luckily can get away with the same outfit, but iv bought a lovely tunic from the next sale, gonna put a White vest and leggings with it.

I'm off tea and coffee, have been for weeks, my first brew of the day is wonderful but then the rest make me gag, even decaf! As for cravings they change by the day the main one tha seems to feature is spuds, however they come, boiled, mashed, chips, wedges I just can't get enough!

I never ate alot before, guess my body was starch deficient :shrug:

Good luck 21, im very jealous you're finding out now!

So Ive been looking through what appointments I have throughout the pregnancy and I have midwife Friday at 16 + 5 but then dont see her or a doc again until 28 weeks! Anyone else think this is a long time not to see anyone?

well its a girl!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so incredibly happy right now!

Thats good K477, I think if my mum thought she would get away with she would purposely pack my OH off somewhere so she could come to the scan instead, lol!

Do any of you know if Im having the fasting blood test for diabetes is that literally all it is a quick blood test because I remember when my friend was pregnant she had to have this sugary drink and tests and then wait like 2 hours and have more tests?
ntiD jab.. was a great day considering I

It wouldn't surprise me if my mum has organised all this!!

When I had the GTT last time I had to fast from 9pm went in at 9am, did blood almost immediately then the sugery drink and another load of bloods an hour or two later (plus had the antiD.. a great day for someone who doesn't particularly like jabs!!)

Welcome to the mad house!!! :thumbup:

Good luck 21, im very jealous you're finding out now!

So Ive been looking through what appointments I have throughout the pregnancy and I have midwife Friday at 16 + 5 but then dont see her or a doc again until 28 weeks! Anyone else think this is a long time not to see anyone?

I see mine again at 22 weeks.... is this your first? I know in some areas they reduce to appointment times for 2+ mums

How is everyone?

Congratulation 21! So is that one of each now? You must be thrilled! How exciting! xx Our gender scan is on Friday, i'm so excited, wonder if it will seem more real knowing whether this little person is male or female!

thanks kezz. yep thats one of each, perfect. i think it helps knowing their gender because you can visualise what they are going to look like and start buying stuff for them. good luck with your scan! let us know asap.

I just spent a fortune in mothercare on clothes for baby and fireman sam stuff for jamie because he is obsessed atm. I LOVE shopping for girly stuff :)

Hiya, I'm new! I confess to lurking for the last few weeks though :thumbup:

Glad everyone is doing well. I'm off to sort out tickers and picture etc. I'll try to start posting now I'm getting in to the swing of second tri and coming out of the fog of the first!

21p1eco I'm in Torbay too, Torquay to be exact :D

This is my 3rd!! (and last!!) I'm 27 so I'm glad I fitted them in before I'm 30 lol. My little boy is 4 and little girl is 2 in November.

Being pregnant whilst having to look after 2 already has been the hardest thing I've ever done. How have you found pregnancy this time around?

Just popping in to say hi - I have been in Feb due club (and will still be there, too) as my due date was 1st Feb, but they have changed it since the scan to Jan 27th. So I'm straddling both!

Nice to see some familiar faces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"