January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Mushy I knew the exact date of conception with my last pregnancy as we had IVF. This gave a DD of 10th July. When I had my 12 week scan they moved my DD to 6th July. After a bit of complaining by me I got it moved back to the 10th. In the event, DS didn't arrive until 23rd July, 17 days after the predicted scan DD and 13 days after the correct DD. I am going to make sure they stick to my IVF DD this time round rather than trying to bring it forward based on the scan as otherwise the pressure to induce should you go over is massive. I ended up with an emergency induction last time as there was grade II meconium in my waters when they broke and it was an experience I never want to repeat. I was so traumatised by the whole thing I had quite bad baby blues for a month or two afterwards. It was very different to the home birth using the hypnobirthing method that I had planned :-(

I think I'll definitely argue January 6th then. I was using opk's too and got a positive on April 15th. I'll make sure to bring that up as well. I had my last the day before they were going to schedule induction. Thankfully!

Not sure when to tell my family. We didn't tell people until 9 weeks last time. I'm visiting my side of the family for a while and so want to spill it but so I'm being cautious. It's getting hard to dodge why I'm not drinking wine, etc. I pulled my trapezius muscle the other day and my Mom keeps pushing I go to the doctor to get some pain killers. Ahh. My DH says to just tell them, but I feel weird as I'm not even 5 weeks?!

we have already told our parents and siblings. and even a couple close friends. we havent told everyone we know yet, but definitely people we are close to. if something was to happen the support is good to have. but i likely wont tell everyone for a long time

oceanpearl - Oh, will we be lucky and get to see pictures of your dress? :wink wink: Do you have a lot of planning left to do? Big wedding?

Lintu, Mushy - I hear you on the Holidays baby... I was due Jan 11th with my son but my daughter was born at 39 weeks and I showed signs of going even earlier. Eventually he was born on the 8th but we kinda pushed him a little so who knows what will happen with this one. So I'd like to be out of the holidays and NOT on the 8th... Frankly though, when I looked up my due date once I had my BFP, both my husband and I went ''Oh F***''. :dohh:

Oh well. New Year's baby could be fun.:thumbup:

Frustrated - Smart woman. :wink wink: I always encourage clients not to move DD up from scans. I hope your delivery will be a more pleasant experience this time. Will you be with a doctor or a midwife?

TTCBean - I would just tell! They'll be thrilled and they'll be there to support you no matter what.

Well I still have positive pregnancy tests and the full on bleeding only lasted for a couple days and went to spotting which has now been completely gone for 2 days. But I'm still in limbo.
I was supposed to go in this ,morning to see the Dr for the results of my last two betas. The Dr wasn't in today apparently even though he specifically told me to see him today between 8 and 6... After a big fiasco getting there at all I wasn't going to have time to see any Dr before dh had to work so I went home and collapsed on the bed sobbing til dh said just to go back and take the girls with me since we had moms car today. Oh ya. So we did that and waited half an hour to be seen.
And then all the Dr could say is congratulations you're pregnant. Either the Dr ordered the wrong test or the lab screwed up because my Friday beta was *qualitative * one not a quantitative so all it does is say yes or no... I'm pretty sire it was a lab mix up because the forms were identical from what I saw and the Sunday one was definitely a serial quantitative hcg... Anyway Sundays results weren't in yet so I don't even know what it was,not that one alone would tell me anything anyway.
The pathologist said because my second form was for serial betas she would put it on file for me, so I'm hoping that just means I can go back in tomorrow for a blood draw and then get the results tomorrow night, or Wednesday afternoon at most. If I do need a whole new form I don't have time to see the Dr again before Wednesday afternoon so I probably won't bother.
But to say I've had a frustrating day is an understatement.

The fact that the bleeding has fully stopped and there is still a second line is only a good thing. The fact that the lines haven't changed much at all in 8 days is frustrating but probably just means they're cheap tests (which they are) and won't show progression rather than not rising hormone. Or at least that's what I'm clinging too. If it wasn't a healthy pregnancy it most certainly wouldn't have survived a week of bleeding right? And probably hcg wouldn't have gotten high enough to fall slowly enough to still be obviously detectable 5 days after the full bleed started.

I've also been really nauseous and have that heaviness to my uterus that comes with pregnancy. With how weird my bleeding was, combined with the nausea and full mess to my uterus I would definitely be questioning pregnancy right now if I hadn't already tested, so all good signs.
Its just so frustrating that I don't have any answers yet.

Anyway.

I'm going to put on my positivity hat and proceed as if this is my rainbow.
My daughters were both born after 40 weeks - 41+3 for my first and 40+4 for my second, though I'm pretty sure she was at least a week later than that based on when my symptoms started (I had a wonky cycle from breastfeeding and I'm not sure of when I ovulated but my symptoms started at least a week before the scan said I could have been pregnant, but my eldest also measured at least a few days "behind" on scans as well. Anyway I don't mind being given due dates later than what I think they should be - less pressure for induction.). I'm actually hoping to go early with this one and have a late December baby. My birthday is December 27 and its not so bad, especially when parents know how to make birthdays special when they're close to major holidays like mine did.
Plus I'm planning a home birth and would love to have Christmassy photos. I can always leave the decorations up in January I guess but it will just be weird I think, especially if I go to the middle of January :haha:

As for telling people, we're definitely not telling anyone til after a successful ultrasound.
With my daughters we told my parents within 2 days and everyone else knew pretty much within a couple weeks. With my November loss we didn't tell anyone til 8 weeks and just parents and siblings. I really enjoyed having those weeks of it being a secret - it felt very sacred and I cherish those memories.

Spoilering the rest as it may be triggering. Only read if you can handle reading about mc (no details given)
The baby had already passed just before 8 weeks which I found out a couple weeks later. No one had been told about my next pregnancy as it had happened too fast (ended 3 days later) and my latest one our parents had only been told a couple weeks before we found out the baby had gone as well (and again had probably been gone already by the time we told them, but theres no way to know as the baby had been reabsorbed)
With this pregnancy coming on the heels of my last loss so unexpectedly I just can't bring myself to tell anyone until I have tangible news to share.
I'm trying to get back to the excited anticipation of knowing a secret no one else knows that I experienced previously so I'm really trying to let go of the worry and fear and so no more negative talk from me on the subject :). PMA PMA!

Oh and BKK I too am a Canadian living abroad :)

This will be another summer baby for me.

I never waited long go tell Ppl with either of my boys but tthink I will this Time
I'm stil not very excited I'm veryscared Ii don't no how ill cope withthree so yyoung but ino deep down ill br fine x
goin to wait til after my first scan to announce althoughIi have told a few Pplx

Hello ladies

May I join you? :wave:

I am tentatively pregnant and will be due 3rd Jan if it sticks!

We've been TTC for 3 and a half years. Managed it twice but both times MC between 4 and 5 weeks :cry:

Last MC was horrible and lasted 9 weeks so it took a long time for us to want to try again which we did with the help of a lovely clinic that look into your cycle to try to find the problem. It turns out I have low progesterone levels so the chances of me conceiving naturally were low as I was implanting on 9 DPO but AF came 10 DPO so not enough time to get a sticky bean.

This time I've been injecting HCG to get my levels up and am now on progesterone suppositories so fingers crossed this one is a sticky.

In other info I'm 34 (will be 35 in Jan) and married to a lovely DH. We both didn't think we'd get this far so are now walking around in a bit of a daze wondering what we have done!!! I had a minor panic the other night and said to DH that I've never even changed a nappy. He looked at me and said "Mini, you have a degree I'm sure you'll work it out!!!" :haha:

Look forward to getting to know you all. H&H 9 months.

Mini x

Best of luck NDH :hugs: welcome all the new ladies!

I had my first look around Mothercare yesterday :cloud9: didn't buy anything (I don't see anything wrong if you do buy, I'm not superstitious, if something happens it will happen regardless) It just doesn't seem real at all, can't believe there's a baby inside me :wacko: poor DH walked round the store in a daze :haha:

Edit: Mini I share your fears! I've never even held a baby, I keep having 10 mins of panic every evening where I have to calm down and go run a bath and try relax. It's such a HUGE journey.

Welcome all the new ladies!

Mini, you will learn to change a diaper/nappy and then it'll be easy. There were times with my first in the beginning that were just awful! I'd get peed on constantly! But now I'm a pro!

I agree with Donna that we need a signature!

NDH I hope everything is going well for you. At least the bleeding has stopped now. When my mom was pregnant with my brother, she didn't know for months because she had what she thought was irregular periods. So, fingers crossed the bleeding was just a rare occurrence.

My boobs still aren't very sore but the left one has grown and the right one hasn't. Bizarre.

During my last pregnancy the outtie belly button I've had since birth disappeared during week 8 and I've had an innie ever since. Never ever heard of that happening to anyone else before. :shrug:

I've told my parents and my partner at work and couple of close mates will wait for 12 wk scan before I tell anyone else!

My LMP puts me 29th dec but I know when I ovulated so I'm going with 4th January fingers xd for later the better!

Alannah was 4 days late due January 21st and was born 25th

Darn I forgot about the "no no list" of foods during pregnancy! I just ate half a log of goat's cheese chevre and made a salad I was going to serve with dinner. I am so worried!!!!

The risk with cheeses etc is if its contaminated with listeria. The chance of it having been contaminated is so slim that you really should try not to worry about having eaten some by accident.

TTCBean - Goat cheese is fine as long as it's pasteurized (most grocery store stuff is).

Fitmama - that is SO funny about your belly button! I've never heard of that either, usually they change when the belly is much more extended. Mine definitely doesn't look the same after 2 babies but it's still an inny.

NDH - I think it all sounds positive so far. I've got everything crossed for you, and I hope you get good, reassuring news soon! And how frustrating about your appointment though, I would've been a mess. It's so stressful to begin with, you want things to move along smoothly in all other aspects. :hugs: And another for being a fellow Canadian abroad :hugs:

Mini - :happydance: How exciting!!! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months :). Love what your DH said about nappies. He's absolutely right. And frankly, with my first, I just knew I wanted to be pregnant. The whole having a baby was very much secondary in my thoughts. And as pregnancy moved along, I started really looking forward to havig that little one around... I think nature is beautiful in that aspect. Trust the process :wink wink:

LIllyfleur - I'm right with you! It all feels surreal. I looked at some stuff online... We have most of what we need but still.:blush: (btw, are you francophone? just asking because of the ''fleur'' :))

Aww I really enjoy hearing of everyone's thoughts on their pregnancies.

Ndh it's a shame all you went through.

Donna we had babies due together in the March 2014 thread! I hope you feel more peace with time

Fit mama that made me laugh about your belly button. :)

Ttc bean I wouodnt worry too much about it :hugs:

Mini I'm so happy for you!!!

I definitely agree we need a signature

Aww I really enjoy hearing of everyone's thoughts on their pregnancies.

Ndh it's a shame all you went through.

Donna we had babies due together in the March 2014 thread! I hope you feel more peace with time

Fit mama that made me laugh about your belly button. :)

Ttc bean I wouodnt worry too much about it :hugs:

Mini I'm so happy for you!!!

I definitely agree we need a signature

I remember u ! How nice we get to go thru this together again! :) hope u and the kids are ok x I'm more excited now . :) ino it'll be hard but worth it can anyonemake us a ssignature ? X

Thanks for the welcome girls!

I haven't told my parents yet, kind of dreading telling mum as she keeps saying to stick to one child. My sister knows and a couple of close friends.

BKKbabe - god I couldn't imagine being somewhere so hot, hope you get through it ok! I went to Cyprus when 6 months preg last time and it made me sooo tired!

Hope everyone's ok today!

X

Hi all! Congratulations to all of you!

Found out yesterday that we are expecting our second baby, due 8th January (online calc).. It was quite a shock as we have only been trying a month and thought it would have taken longer! But happy none the less.

We have a son called Clark who is 14 months.. Starting to think we are mad as we will have two under two!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the next 8/9 months and supporting when needed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->