January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Abbie Wilko, we are in a similar situation. My dd is 13 months and we conceived no 2 on our first attempt too, it took us by surprise that it happened so quick, especially as I am still bfing! We will have 2 under 2 as well! Gulp! I do sometimes wonder how I will cope with my dd and a newborn! I am bracing myself for a very tough 12 months and hopefully then it will get easier!

I too will have 2 under 2! Except DS will be 15 months when the new baby is born. He's currently 6.5 months. We conceived on what I think is the first time I ovulated since giving birth. I go back and forth from being super happy and wondering what the hell I did!

So I went to the Dr he did a test. HEre it is :) confirmed pregnancy and I registered for the midwife x

Attachments

• 20150505_092355.jpg
    20150505_092355.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 7
I find it hard to follow these threads when they get so busy :D

I prefer having a couple of bump buddies, I'm still friends with the ones from 3 years ago! It's lovely watching our kids grow on fb x

I'm friends with a few from my past pregnancy's to . Ino it's really nice :)
do my lines look ok girls x

donna i think your lines look fab!! so glad you're feeling better about it

bkk i agree being somewhere thats hot would not make me happy especially while preggers :nope:

welcome new ladies!

ocean your little one will absolutely adore a sibling <3

we are in a similar situation as some of you, my last baby is 14 months old tomorrow and im still nursing her. i know some of you are worried about adding another so soon, but in all honesty i have some that are only 12 or 14 mos apart and i imagined it to be much harder than it actually was. that being said, my kids are pretty mellow for the most part.

just got my first beta back and its 278. going back in tomorrow to see if they double :)

Hi, can I join?
I finally got a BFP yesterday after 12 months of trying!!! Comes as a huge shock as it was only last Friday that I saw a gynaecologist and they scared me with the news that I may have cervical cancer &#55357;&#56862; was booked for a biopsy but now ive had to cancel due to the pregnancy!! Head is a mess atm!!

My clear blue test says 1-2 weeks but the cheapy tests only just show a very faint line so I guess it's very early days for me! Trying to remain positive - im very much a believer in fate! X

So pleased that there are a few of you in the same boat as me with the 2 under 2. Had a good chat with hubby tonight and after a few tears (worried my son will feel pushed out) I'm all positive again! Hormones eh!!

How are you all feeling? I already have really bad nausea which is lasting most of the day.. Oh and the frequent loo breaks! Xx

Welcome to all the new ladies! I think I have managed to include everyone on the front page, but if I have missed you out do let me know :)

We will also have two under two. My eldest will be 17.5 months when Peanut is born, assuming she arrives on time!

I am feeling pretty symptomless at present. Have had lots of cramping and dizzy spells (even more so than with my son), but haven't felt anything today. I have eight days to go until my first scan to check that everything is ok. I will feel much better once I actually see a heartbeat on the screen.

Bubble you poor thing. Your head must be all over the place.

I will have a bit over 2.5 years between my youngest and this baby, but I do have only 17 months between my first two and its really not so bad. There were a challenging few months after youngest started to crawl as my oldest still wasn't listening well and I'd have two babies to chase in opposite directions when we went to the park etc :dohh: but that was the most challenging part. I love the gap and was hoping to have had a similar gap again but oh well. Maybe between 3&4 ;)

Bubble wow that mist have come as a complete shock then! I hope it turns out not to be cancer :hugs:

My DS will be 29 months when the new LO is born. I am excited because he will *almost* be 3, and hope he will understand new baby and be potty trained, etc. He keeps saying "big brother" and "baby" because I've been mentioning it here and there to him. :)

I like smaller groups too. I'm still friends with a few on FB from my last pregnancy. It's so fun to have connections and watch our babies grow! I am excited to gain new friendships!!!

Had a homebirth with DS, will aim to do that again! When I get some from vacation I'm calling my obgyn and getting everything in order and then contacting my midwife, ahhh so exciting. :)

Feeling pretty hungry and nauseated today. Having some lower cramps right now. Very tired!!

Welcome to Abbie and Bubble! :happy dance:

I'm quite happy with a smaller group too (easier to follow), especially that being in a completely different time zone, the board fills up while I sleep...:dohh: But am totally happy for everyone joining us at the same time.

I didn't join any forums last pregnancy but not knowing anyone here with bellies, I'm happy for the companionship and support. :hugs:

My DD was 2.5yo when we conceived DS. Worked the first try too and as we were aiming more towards having 3 years in between (took 5 cycles for DD), it came as quite the shock. She was great though.

Frankly, I think whatever the gap, it eventually all works itself out. Both end of the spectrum has it's advantage. My youngest will be 5yo when this one comes along (anyone else with a bigger gap?). It's scary when we think of going back to diapers, and breastfeeding and toddler years... It had just finally started to be easier!!!

NDH - any news?

TTCbean - had a home birth with my son too. I was hoping to have another one but seems things here may make it complicated... :nope: We'll see, have lots to figure out.

When are you ladies having your first appointments? I haven't booked anything yet. I want to get the 12-13 week scan done so I'm thinking I should probably go around 8 weeks to set that up?...

bkk i was told i wouldnt be able to have more kids after #2 and there is a 7 year gap between #2 and #3. since i believed i was infertile #3 was quite a surprise. they are my biggest gap. my shortest is between #5 and #6 at 12 mos+2 weeks. i have other gaps of 19 mos, 2.5 yrs, 14 mos, and 2 yrs.

bubble- i have read that the pap can come back abnormal if you're on af or of you're pregnant so hopefully its just that. i had pre-cancerous cells on my cervix and had them surgically removed. there are ways to help get rid of it without surgery, but i did not know that at that time

BKK nothing yet - I hope to get results this evening though.

What kind of complications might keep you from having a homebirth this time? I know how frustrating it is not getting a homebirth when you want one and I can imagine it must be worse when you've already had one and *know* what you're missing out on so I hope you manage to find a solution.
I plan to have this baby at home too after two hospital births (that I wanted to be homebirths but we couldn't afford and couldn't find a midwife til I was 7 months pregnant anyway)

NDH - legal complications :dohh: See in Thailand, it's illegal for someone to assist at home births. So home births are legal (obviously, they can't press charges for not making it to the hospital) but midwives to assist you are not.

Since I work as a doula here, I know the OB's and the hospital really well. So I know which doctor I'll get to see and I heard she's shown up at someone's house before because the client was not going to make it to the hospital. I'm hoping she'll agree to that because my labors were 3h for my first and 90 minutes for the second.

Traffic in Bangkok is RIDICULOUS. And the main reason I decided I wanted a home birth was because I didn't want to transition in a car again. Still would prefer not to. Or give birth in a thai taxi... :dohh:

Yet knowing the staff and doctors, I think I could manage to make it ok to give birth in the hospital if need be. And the natural labour suites here are incredible! (just too bad they don't get used much with 80% c-section rates...)

Sorry for the rant... it's just AlOT to think about. I'm not quite confortable with an unassisted birth either.

But we LOVED our homebirth ad can't quite wrap our heads about giving that up yet.

OH and NDH - keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you.

blessed - wow, what a surprise that had to be! I guess they were pretty off about you being infertile... :winkwink:

Argh thats frustrating! Things are definitely heading that way here too. Midwives here currently are exempted from needing insurance to attend births (since it was made illegal to attend births without insurance in 2010), but the exemption date keeps approaching and very nearly expiring before being extended for a year. And of two insurance companies that offer insurance for antenatal and postnatal care, one of them has just decided to not renew any policies, and the other only covers "eligible" midwives, which about half of the private midwives here are not - either because they don't want the restrictions of eligibility or because they don't have all the requirements. So we all feel like it's just a matter of time now before its illegal for midwives to attend homebirths, except perhaps under a few strictly controlled circumstances...
The nearest midwife to me is 3 1/2 hours away and my last births were quick too (my first was 6.5 hours but 2 hours was trying not to push as per midwife and 2 1/2 hours was pushing because I was too exhausted from *not* pushing so long. If I had listened to my body I'm certain it would have been 3-4 hours. And my second was 45 minutes) so we decided in October to freebirth. I'm really excited about it now but I was terrified at the idea of it initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->