Jasmine Violet Grace 10/12/2008

KissTheFairy

Reaction score
Robert and I arrived at the hospital 2pm, I wanted to get there early. We headed up for admissions we filled in a handful of forms, after filling a couple of forms we were taken up to the labour ward. We met our midwife who was fantastic, she barely left the room and could hold a conversation. Around 2:15pm we did a trace to make sure Jasmine was happy, and she was. I had an internal to make sure I was 'favourable' and to see what the best option was, I was 2-3cms dilated. At 2:45pm the doctor came in and gave us a couple of options, if I were ready break my waters, or go for the syntocin. We both agreed to try breaking my waters, she broke my waters at 2:55pm. For the next two hours Robert and I played monopoly to waste time.

At 6pm, we had no real contractions, so we decided to use syntocin. I knew if we were going to use syntocin I was going to get an epidural because of my experience last time. At 6:30pm we started the syntocin and at 6:55pm we started with the epidural. The anaesthetist explained all the pros and cons, the risks of getting one, in my head the pros outweighed the cons. For me getting an epidural was hard because I was scared, I felt like I failed. I cried getting the epidural because I didn't feel like a real woman, because I had expected to have a natural birth. The anaesthetist was great, he was gentle and helped me step by step, getting into the right position while contracting was really hard but we finally managed it. By 7:15pm (ish) My legs were completely numb, which felt weird to me. By this time the contractions were coming hard, every 3 minutes but I didn't feel them.

By 11pm I was around 8cms dilated, everything was going great. I wasn't checked again until 12am and I was fully dilated, and ready to push. I was in so much pain but we discovered I had taken the part of the epidural out (the part that goes over your shoulder I don't know what that part is called?) They called the anaesthetist and he reattached the epidural but it was too late, and only numbed half of me. I was exhausted because I hadn't slept the night before, I was pushing but I was too tired to keep pushing. After 1 and 1/2 hours of pushing I couldn't do it any more, I was begging them to make the pain stop, to get her out. I was asked if I wanted help, I was in tears. The doctor was paged and was in within minutes she asked me if it was okay to use to the ventouse, again she explained what would happen and what it would do to Jasmine. I agreed and honestly I'm happy I did it felt like a lifesaver. I began to push again, and within 5 minutes her head was out and she was crying, Jasmine Violet Grace was born at 1:55am, 7lbs 3oz and 47cms long.

Robert didn't get to catch her because of the ventouse but he was proud to cut the cord. He was the first one to hold her and that made his day. After Robert holding her, and them removing the placenta I held Jasmine, I needed time to catch my breath.

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/KissTheFairy/Jasmine/4.jpg

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/KissTheFairy/Jasmine/9.jpg

Jasmine at nearly 8 weeks old
https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/KissTheFairy/Jasmine/2009_0205AQ.jpg

that is a lovely birth story, such a shame it didnt go the way you planned but i think that happens to the best of us, my plan got all muddle up, , jasmine is beautiful, and your other little girl is too, tahts if it is your little she is a bonney little thing any way. congrats on the birth hun. xxxxxx

oh just beautiful!!! What a wonderful story hunny...Well done to you both!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

She's beautiful hun!!!!
Congrats!!

jasmine is georgeous hun & so is your other little girl congratulations . violet xx

awww she gorgeous..and what a lovely name lol im sure she will love it like i love mine :)...jasmine xx

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations.

Phew....I almost felt the relief for you at the end IYKWIM?:dohh:

Glad all worked out well in the end and Jasmine is just stunning:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->