jealous PREGNANT friends...

annaaabanana

Reaction score
omg! I'm getting fed up.. so what is is.. if you're pregnant, I cant be?!?!haha! sorry for the rant but I'm just getting sick of certain ppl whom I thought I could call friends..
One was like "well hope everything goes well this time" because I miscarried in September.. and I'm like oh wow thank's for worrying me!! and she also said after I miscarried because she found out pregnant a few weeks later and all she was doing was texting me about it.. so I said please I am happy for you but I just had a mc. and she said that I need to stop being so miserable that it happens everyday and that I need to look at the positive side of it. so when I told her I was.. or text her about it. she wont text me back at all!!! I'm just like psh whtteevva :)
and also, another friend last night, when I said, I told my bf aint nothing to worry about, everything's going to be just fine.. she said "ehhh don't be so sure about that. gotta get to 13 weeks first" like why so NEGATIVE?!?!?! and it's like those aren't even the only friends.. I feel low for posting this. but boy oh boy am I tired of this crap!!! lol if anyone else says anything negative ill just say "ill call you when my baby's born" lol

:hugs: everyone!!

oh yeah, and is it normal to be stressing that my period is due tomorrow?! haha! I have known since Monday I was pregnant.. and been dreading Saturday! haha, I know I need to shut up and stop worrying. but it is hard not too!! doc said that my levels were right and they will take my blood again Monday to ease my mind.. haha but it's hard to ease my mind when my period is due tomorrow and my body is so crazzzy! haha but I have a good feeling about this pregnancy but dang am I stressing again :( ughhh!! someone please reassure me! hah

It is strange but in my many years of ttc I have noticed some women I know treat pregnancy as a one up on each other...very strange. Just don't go out of your way to include people who aren't genuinely happy for you. I actually had one friend who's response to my news was " wow so now you have the perfect life huh?" And yes there was a bit of saltiness behind the words. I can't speak for everyone but some people in my life seemed to like me more when I was "suffering" and just can't be happy that things worked out for DH and I. This life experience has definitely been an eye opener for human behavior lol.

It is strange but in my many years of ttc I have noticed some women I know treat pregnancy as a one up on each other...very strange. Just don't go out of your way to include people who aren't genuinely happy for you. I actually had one friend who's response to my news was " wow so now you have the perfect life huh?" And yes there was a bit of saltiness behind the words. I can't speak for everyone but some people in my life seemed to like me more when I was "suffering" and just can't be happy that things worked out for DH and I. This life experience has definitely been an eye opener for human behavior lol.

OMG! exactly... that's how I felt also.. but then there are the friends who are absolutely wonderful and exited!!! I'm like why cant my other friends be?! you were happier when miscarried then when I became pregnant again :( like ughh! but thank you and omg you are so far along right now! congrats!!:) I bet you are so happy about that! I'm stressing because the first day of missed period is tomorrow.. lol

Women in particular can be so catty! It doesn't matter what the situation is, they have to say something about it. I have tried to rid myself of those people but guess what... my mom is that way. It isn't cattiness so much as negative, she can never be happy for anyone about anything. I have had 2 miscarriages and they are so hard to handle. Even when you know you were only 4 or 5 weeks and it wasn't meant to be. It still hurts. If she can't be there for you maybe you are better off without her. Or show her you are the better woman by still being there for her... So hard to know what to do.

Women in particular can be so catty! It doesn't matter what the situation is, they have to say something about it. I have tried to rid myself of those people but guess what... my mom is that way. It isn't cattiness so much as negative, she can never be happy for anyone about anything. I have had 2 miscarriages and they are so hard to handle. Even when you know you were only 4 or 5 weeks and it wasn't meant to be. It still hurts. If she can't be there for you maybe you are better off without her. Or show her you are the better woman by still being there for her... So hard to know what to do.

thank you so much! yep, i was actually just messaging her about her baby, and mine. and she would not say ANYTHING bout mine. haha pathetic! I'm done with her. lol i cant stand ppl like that.. i swear she'd rather me have a mc.. :( that sucks! and I'm so sorry to hear about you're two mc's!! it is so hard and some ppl just do not understand! they are so rude!!

I completely agree with you. You find out who your truly insensitive friends are when you hear things like 'oh I hope this pregnancy goes better than your last'. I'd have to say to that person 'I'm going to pretend I didn't just hear that'. How rude!!
Women do get very competitive though. Whether it's telling someone what to do during pregnancy or what not to do. I like the term what worked for us is ... Because then you're speaking about yourself rather than telling the person what to do.
I tend to forget to call my negative, judgemental friends. It's hard because one of my bf's is extremely negative and can barely function without whining about everything. It's toxic but you just have to keep them at an arms distance.

OMG! exactly... that's how I felt also.. but then there are the friends who are absolutely wonderful and exited!!! I'm like why cant my other friends be?! you were happier when miscarried then when I became pregnant again :( like ughh! but thank you and omg you are so far along right now! congrats!!:) I bet you are so happy about that! I'm stressing because the first day of missed period is tomorrow.. lol

Yes I wish all my friends could be at least positive if not happy lol! It just surprises me that people love to be so negative but you know what they say- misery loves company! Just another reason to surround yourself with positive people. I actually half joked to my most negative friend that I didn't want to lunch for fear she'd suck the joy out of my belly haha! Thanks for the congrats I am very happy to be entering 2nd tri. We are excited to have our baby girl join the family :) hoping to see you in 2nd trimester too (it happens in a blink!).

I completely agree with you. You find out who your truly insensitive friends are when you hear things like 'oh I hope this pregnancy goes better than your last'. I'd have to say to that person 'I'm going to pretend I didn't just hear that'. How rude!!
Women do get very competitive though. Whether it's telling someone what to do during pregnancy or what not to do. I like the term what worked for us is ... Because then you're speaking about yourself rather than telling the person what to do.
I tend to forget to call my negative, judgemental friends. It's hard because one of my bf's is extremely negative and can barely function without whining about everything. It's toxic but you just have to keep them at an arms distance.

omg! I know!!! exactly.. it's like I swear tho, they would rather see me go through another mc.. I'm just like whatever!!! NEXTTTT! see ya never! haha!!:) I cant wait to have my beautiful baby. I'm just gonna prove to her that I CAN CARRY A BABY! and that I will be a wonderful mommy. she's like hope you're prepared.. like why the hell would I get pregnant if I couldn't be a mommy?! ill be the best mommy ever! sorry for the rant.. :( and I'm sorry about you're bf.. I understand! he might be worried. that's how mine is! he worries about another mc. but I'm like nope aint gonna happen :) this baby is stuck!! :) lol :baby:

Yes I wish all my friends could be at least positive if not happy lol! It just surprises me that people love to be so negative but you know what they say- misery loves company! Just another reason to surround yourself with positive people. I actually half joked to my most negative friend that I didn't want to lunch for fear she'd suck the joy out of my belly haha! Thanks for the congrats I am very happy to be entering 2nd tri. We are excited to have our baby girl join the family :) hoping to see you in 2nd trimester too (it happens in a blink!).

thank you so much! and congrats!! I know you're super exited!!!! :hugs: to you!

girls are funny creatures... When I found out my best friend was pregnant I was estatic for her and really happy but then I got pregnant aswell a month after getting married and she was no where as excited for me... I think she thought I was trying to steal her glory :) I wasn't mine was actually a little accident but one that I am happy about :) netherless we are both happy now (I was always happy) and I think her hormones have calmed down xxx

Sorry i said it incorrectly, it was my best friend who's whiny and toxic - she's just had her second baby too. Always warning me that life with kids isn't cracked up to what it should be. It's ppl like that who should suffer a little infertility first before they lecture thrir negative princess views of kids to those who'd go to the ends of the earth in order to have children (although I wouldn't wish infertility on anybody). My DH is very supportive and reassuring.

omg! I know!!! exactly.. it's like I swear tho, they would rather see me go through another mc.. I'm just like whatever!!! NEXTTTT! see ya never! haha!!:) I cant wait to have my beautiful baby. I'm just gonna prove to her that I CAN CARRY A BABY! and that I will be a wonderful mommy. she's like hope you're prepared.. like why the hell would I get pregnant if I couldn't be a mommy?! ill be the best mommy ever! sorry for the rant.. :( and I'm sorry about you're bf.. I understand! he might be worried. that's how mine is! he worries about another mc. but I'm like nope aint gonna happen :) this baby is stuck!! :) lol :baby:

Makes me upset for you, especially about the comment that miscarriages happen everyday. I hope she doesn't have to eat those words someday.

OH wow, that level of rudeness simply shocks me. I am SO SORRY hun that people are shitting on you like that about your happy news! Screw them...gotta have positive people around you at this point in time. <3

Pregnancy, jealousy, hormones, all of that is such a MESS! Ugh! I can't believe how much WORSE people treat me when I'm pregnant. I'm on my third pregnancy, third baby, and just can't believe how negative and RUDE people can be. Every time! Forget 'em.

thank you everyone!!! I just had to rant about that.. and yep I know! that is exactly what I said! I was like, oh you've had a mc? I had no clue.. ha like if she did, she wouldn't be saying that bs! and now someone had the nerve to tell me last night "you should seriously consider an abortion... it would be the best thing for you seriously. you should do it. and it's not that bad, all you have to do is plug you're ears". she will NEVER be saying that to me again. I seriously got so angry.. and I cried for a good thirty minutes. there are women that can not get pregnant and try there hardest... and she's got the nerve to tell me to do that? I was like um, seriously!?! negative ppl. I'm just blocking all of the negative ones out of my life. don't get me wrong tho, I have some wonderful friends and my family is so wonderful and so is my other half! but dang, ppl sure do say the wrong shit sometimes!!!!

What kind of people are around you that think that is ok dear? In my world that would warrant an arss-kicking as none of my friends or even most catty aquaintances would dream of saying such things! Was this person making a horrible joke? I would never allow such horrible people in my life and even if it was a joke that would be it for me. Sorry you have friends like that and hopefully you will successfully eliminate them from your life:thumbup:

Anna i tried to write you back but says your messages are full you got to delete some :)

Sorry all of this crap is going on. I found it crazy how some people reacted to my pregnancy. There were people that I barely know that were super excited and then there were close friends and family who reacted very oddly. Right now is the best time to get rid of the negative people in your life. There is no room for unnecessary stress during pregnancy!

From my personal experience I can say that I was ecstatic when I found out my cousin is 5 weeks behind me. She and I are very close and she is one of the few that knew we were having an extremely hard time getting pregnant and that we had a mc. On the other hand, I wanted to cry when I found out my SIL is 3 weeks behind me. Honestly, I was happy for them. But the reason I was upset was because she is the favorite on my husband's side of the family. They treat her so differently than they treat me and I was terrified of being compared to her. This is my first pregnancy and her third. DH's family thinks she is perfect and the last thing I want to do is to try to live up to her standards. I'm over it now, but for a good week I was upset and thinking it was a huge issue. It had nothing to do with her, and everything to do with the rest of the family. But even so, what those people said to you is uncalled for and offensive. Get rid of them!

I'm not sure why, but once you become pregnant, people think it's okay to say whatever they want to you. They automatically think you want to hear their opinions. It's insane! And to be honest, I have found that men are some of the biggest offenders! They like to tell you what you will like/dislike about pregnancy and how your pregnancy is going to be. They have never even experienced a period cramp in their life, but they somehow know all about pregnancy! Ha! People usually blame hormones for women acting all crazy and bitchy during pregnancy, but I really believe what makes us crazy is having to deal with the thoughts and opinions of idiots every day!

Good luck to you! Try to relax and surround yourself with good people.

honestly, I'm not really sure why:( and this was actually his brother's girlfriend.. made me very very upset. she said she had gotten one sunday, and it broke my heart. I would NEVER do that! and the friend that said all of the other stuff just says it because she is a jealous b*. haha! I'm just gonna go ahead and say that :) hahaha! and yep, yall are all right. I'm blocking them out of my life! I already told that women, to never say anything like that to me again! that it was sick!! :( and I would assume not to know about her dirty secrets. I told her I was nothing like her. I don't like to party, AT ALL, I don't drink, I don't do anything actually. I just act like our dog is our baby and just hang around the house. so I could not understand why anyone would ask me to do that? I think she was drunk. and I cant stand being around drunk ppl, especially when I'm pregnant! it just makes me stress even more. but I have completely shut all these idiots out of my life. If they aren't happy, then i don't want them around my baby either! yall know? I told my mother, and I think she wanted to skin her alive.. but thank's everyone :) I'm totally not even going to stress about them anymore. I've got a baby now, and I've got to grow some tougher skin!!! <3 I love you all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->