Jessica Rose's Birth story

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Hope you have a :coffee: its a bit long ! sorry ive kept you waiting for this !

Saturday 28th August 2010 - the first day off work for holiday/maternity leave, excellent a lie in. Got up went to the toilet and snuggled back into bed. I sneezed and felt a gush of fluid, erm :wacko: I couldn't have weed myself that much as I had just been to the toilet :shrug: I went back into the toilet where the fluid was still leaking. H woke up and I said that there was something not quite right and I thought that my waters had gone. I rang the hospital who said to go in for a check, H jumped out of bed quicker than I could say baby and started dancing round the room we are going to have a baby :happydance: I laughed at him and said that we could count our chickens and not to get too excited !!

When we got to the hospital they examined me and by doing this I lost the rest of the waters and the doctor said "yep definately your waters" - no shit sherlock !!! he went off to speak to the consultant I had been under and they decided due to the risk of infection and that I wasn't quite 36 weeks (they won't induce until then) that I would have to say in :nope: so h was given a list of things to do, cancel my hair cut, go and buy little baby clothes as she would be premature and not fit into anything that we had bought ! nothing really happened that morning and we were advised to look in special care to prepare ourselves incase she needed to go into there, by 5pm I was starting to get light cramps which turned into contractions (but not enough to show up on the ctg that I was monitored on 3 times a day) by 11pm I was pacing up and down the corridors of the hospital as lying down made things worse and I didn't want to disturb the other ladies on the ward.

Sunday 29th August 2010

H came into the hospital to keep me company, things seemed to slow down a bit by now and the doctors said that I would definately have to be induced. Because of the risk of infection and that nothing major seemed to be happening I agreed although really not happy, I cried on H and prepared myself for excrucating pain and the thought of an epidural - everything that I didn't want but knew that for the safety of Jessica I didn't have a choice. At first they were happy to let me go to tuesday but they didn't want to leave it too long and decided for 8am on Monday morning.

Monday 30th August 2010

H arrives at the hospital at 7.30am and the mw's wouldn't let him in until 8am - bless him ! we went round to the labour ward and was put on a ctg monitor for 20 mins and then examined - I was already 4cm :happydance::happydance::happydance: no induction for me yay !! knowing now that things were happening naturally and they classed 4cm as in established labour they were happy to allocate us a room with a bathroom. I was strapped to a monitor the whole time and started on the drip - what no one told me was that the drugs through the drip would be done slowly so the contractions built up - so this didn't seem so bad.

We put the radio on and at first I tryed to deal with the pain thinking that it was going to get alot worse and that I just needed to grit my teeth and I would have to get pain relief later. I don't remember how long it was before I gave in and was given gas and air to start with. I hated it for the first go and said I didn't want to use it but the mw said keep trying it and in the end thats all I had :happydance: I was out of it for most of it and then remember saying I couldn't do it anymore and the mw said I was 9cm and nearly there :baby: would be here soon, I think the pushing part was the hardest part as it was a constant pressure and felt that my insides were going to fall out and was really scared. H continued to offer support by breathing with me and instructing me not to panic ! at 3.45pm, 4hours and 45mins later Jessica Rose was born screaming ! I had a 2nd degree tear and had to be stiched. Im not sure if I was supposed to feel the stiches being done (I had an injection) and it didn't hurt but I could still feel her sewing:cry: I then had a bath and tea and toast, I was in shock and in a dase H dressed her and bonded with her I just sat there staring into space ! we then went to the postnatal ward and the fun began !!

Jessica won't take to the breast and was fussing over the bottle, im now expressing and she is taking that and will keep trying with the breast, she will get it eventually. I will try and upload a photo of my didy 4lb 12 oz little girl soon

:kiss:

so glad that she arrived safely hunni

:hugs: xx

Congrats! Well done on just gas and air, so glad you got your healthy girl!

Mrs D, it sounds like you did very well - and that your Husband was a great support. I can't wait to see pics! x x

Wow, how brave were you! I'd have been terrified!

Well done, thanks for sharing your story, looking forward to seeing pics :)

Yay! Well done you :happydance: many congrats to you and your dh Hun x

Congratulations again and well done for just having the gas and air. I can't wait to see a picture of Jessica :hugs:

congrats hun!!! gas and air wow!!
can't wait to see pics of her xx

Congrats! I'm glad that Jessica was born healthy and strong even though she was a little early! Can't wait to see pics! :pink:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Welcome to mummyhood, enjoy!!. :hugs:

Congratulations hunni.
Aww bless shes tiny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member