job application dilemma

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
i have a dilemma. my hubby was made redundant on the day our son was born, so it has now been 5 1/2 months. he has applied for lots of jobs, but only had 2 interviews - most don't even acknowledge the application. so, my bil is a manager at a local company and they need a security guard. my sister told us about it and encouraged hubby to get an application form. it's not a job he would choose, but needs must.

anyway, hubby's handwriting is terrible, and he maintains that he has never and will never get a job if he has to hand write the application. so he has asked me to fill it in. he maintains that it's ok so long as i am writing what he wants to say. personally, i feel very uncomfortable about it and feel that it's wrong. if i was in a position to hire people and i found out someone had got their form filled in by someone else i would not be impressed, and would not give them the job. it feels wrong and dishonest. also, if i did it, and hubby got the job and then they found out about it, i think it would reflect badly on bil and i don't want to cause tension. i also think men's and women's writing looks different and that they will be able to tell.

thing is, if i don't do it i know hubby will always think it was because i wouldn't help him, and it will feel like it's my fault.

what do you think? would you do it?

Ok course I would do it, people have forms filled out for them all the time weither its because of bad hand writting or not being able to read and write, 99% of employers will not look badly on it at all (unless hand writting skills are a big part of the job)

If the job is for a security then they will not care that its been filled out by someone else as long as the info itself is true and honest (come on who doesnt lie on a cv) better to have it written out neatly so they can read it rather then it being messy or not filled out at all.

If they recieve a messy written cv then they are more likely to ignore it (I have to go through cv's and interview as part of my job and past jobs) because its natural to assume messy writting = cant be bothered, its got nothing to do with who wrote it its just that if they have to make an effort to read it then thats time consuming and it will just get passed over for a more quicker and easier to read application

i do it all the time, my oh's spelling is shite
so i fill out all the forms etc

i don't see anything wrong with it aslong
as the info is correct :thumbup:

tbh as a security guard it's unlikely he'll
need to hand write much anyway so i don't
think they'd know or even care

xx​

I'd do it. In fact, I always do it for him, even his disability forms and stuff.

Is there no way to get the form electronically and just have him fill it in with typing? That solves his problem and your ethical one.

I've filled in loads of application forms for hubby...as long as it's not false Information there shouldn't be a problem.xx

i filled out all the application forms for my OH because he's dyslexic and doesn't feel confident doing so.
i don't think the company would notice or ask about whether he filled it in himself or not, unless it was obviously really girly with hearts on top of the i's etc :haha:

hmm, thanks ladies - maybe i have been over-reacting. already thought of the electronic form and there isn't one available, so not an option. perhaps i should do it, then. i really want him to get a job, obviously, and want to help. i just thought it was a bit dishonest and that it could cause problems if they knew. they will be able to tell, though, as he has to sign the form and the writing will be obviously different. will have to have a think.

I would do it without question. Unless the job is for "handwriting technician" then it doesn't matter who physically writes it - it's all his information. Lots of people get help with application forms, with people advising them on what to put in to get their application form noticed.
If you are still struggling with it - get him to write it out first in rough and then you can simply copy it.
x

i always fill out everything for OH, so long as his signature is on the bottom it will be fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->