Jobless! Anyone else

Loverman

Proud Daddy to Leo-6.4.11
Reaction score
Ok so i work for a fairly large insurance brooker. They were the first online insurance brooker and were involved of the beginings of sites like compare the market!

We have two branches, one i ashford middlesex and one in wales.

They have decided the running costs of the ashford branch are too high and the lease is expiring on the current property. This now means that as of the 26th Feb 2010 i will be jobless :(

Even worse we wont recieve any compensation or redundancy as our job is not redundant its just relocated and we have a mobility clause in our contract :(

I have tried applying for millions of jobs litteraly everything and everything i could do i have applied for. I had one interview with Lloyds TSB but there was one more person with a bit more experience :(

All the agencies are telling me that i have to wait untill the new year as most employers dont really concentrate on recuritment till a bit later!

but by the new year leaves me with less than 2 months to find a new job!

:( :( dont know what to do!

Anyway thought i would just have a rant see if anyone else had any similar problems?

Dave

No one else had problems from ressesion?

i havent as yet, ask me again at the start of the next school year though, just wanted to give a :hug: and say i hope something comes up for you soon

OH has been layed off once this year but he got his job back within a week now he find out if hes getting layed off AGAIN when he goes back after the holidays :( SO worrying . Hope you find something soon

:hugs: I know its not the same, but i had a job about 2 weeks in to it, they decided to go against our agreement and cut my hours right down (not even earning enough to cover travel) and now i'm all messed up, No benefits till the job centre redo my claim for tax credits etc so no monies at all :(

I hope you find something soon :hugs:

Hopefully you find something soon hun :hugs:
I've been really lucky really to never find myself in that position, and I know how lucky I am, so I can only imagine how tough it must be for you xx

Really sorry about your situation, when I decided to take a break from uni in March this year, I applied for 158 jobs and I got an interview for one which was Sainsburys I felt so dumb..its tough at the moment so I know how you feel.

I hope something comes along soon xx

How can you be made redundant yet relocated? Relocated indicates that you have another position available to you elsewhere should you wish to take it? :confused:

I was made redundant as an estate agent when I was pregnant and got no pay as I was still within a 6 month probation. I work now - its in a restaurant and the wage is pathetic but a jobs a job!

How can you be made redundant yet relocated? Relocated indicates that you have another position available to you elsewhere should you wish to take it? :confused:

Its not redundant. Becuase the job is still available just 160miles further away which is a bit of a joke.

Ahh right so theyve said go to the other branch or leave then? Bummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->