John James My 10lb 4oz Vaginal Delivery :)

Justagirlxx

Mom to 2 and Preg Again!
Reaction score
Well after going 7 days overdue I was starting to think that I'd never go into labor. But on the morning of the 21st around 6:30 am I was awoken by strong period pains. I had a couple episodes of false labor so I was a little bit skeptical but the contractions I was having were much much stronger than any BH I've ever experienced. Anyways I started timing them and they were coming at regular intervals around 7 minutes apart, 45 seconds long. So I woke up my OH a few hours into them. He started freaking out a bit and wanted to go to the hospital when I told him a few of the contractons came 3 minutes apart. So we rushed to the hospital. I was only 3 cms dialated so I went back home. Less than 3 hours later and my contractions were getting so strong I was moaning through them, sometimes crying and definitely not coping well. The only thing that worked to make the pain somewhat managable was taking a hot bath. The contractions were so much worse than I could have ever imagined. Anyways we went back to the hospital around 3 because I could no longer cope. When we got there I was 6 cm! I was in major pain, contractions were coming so close together i felt like there was no rest in between. My nurse was so amazing and encouraging. My OH was soo supportive of me. The look of helplessness in his eyes was heartbreaking but he was so strong and kept it together. Anyways I finally got the epidural (thank god!) and it was amazing. It didnt hurt at all. Actually the shot of stadol I had gotten earlier in the labor hurt MUCH worse. Anyways I got comfortable. John and I were exhausted at this point so we sat and watched harry potter LOL. I couldnt believe how much better I felt. Anyways my contractions slowed down a tiny bit and I only went up to 7 cm in a couple hours. So they gave me a tiny bit of pitocin. 1 hour later I was 8 cms :) And then 20 minutes later, when my nurse was about to leave I started feeling alot of pressure. She checked me just in case and said I was ready to push!!! So I pushed through about 10 contractions (took twenty minutes) and my beautiful son was born! No one could believe I pushed him out in only 20 minutes and that he was my first baby, weighing 10lbs!! They were guiding me when to push saying "Push push yes keep going!!" and then all the sudden they were like "WAIT stop!! dont push!!" because the doctor actually wasn't in the room since he thought there was much much longer to go lol!! So the doctor RAN into the room and threw on his gown and everything and delivered the rest of the babys body after the head. He said "Oh my god I can see his head from here!" when he first walked in the room, expecting me to still have hours of pushing ahead of me!! LOL!

Anyways after all of that, 10 lb baby and all, I only got a small tear on the inside my vagina on the vaginal wall.

Anyways when he was born the doctor placed him on top of me and it was so amazing and surreal. I couldn't believe that I had done it!! After some skin to skin with me he went to daddy for a cuddle. It was the most amazing sight I've ever seen and still when I watch them cuddling together it makes all the pain worth it.

All in all the nurses and doctor said I had a picture-perfect delivery. I am so happy with my experience there, it was the most painful experience of my life but it was so worth it. I love my son so much.

Thanks for reading.

Here he is, my baby boy, Born August 21st, 2010 at 11:42pm.

Attachments

• JJL.jpg
    JJL.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 57
Congrats hun! Can't believe you were able to push out a 10 lb beautiful baby boy!

Congratulations he is stunning

congratulations he is beautiful xxxx

Congratulations!! :flower:

He's absolutely Beautiful! You must be SO proud!!!

Massive congrats doll. Thanx for sharing... Enjoy ur special bundle of joy! :hugs:

amazing story! so many congrats on your beautiful little boy. i love reading about vaginal births with big babies...i keep having this feeling that my little audrey is going to be pretty big too. hopefully i can do as well as you did! :)

Aww he is absolutely gorgeous! :) Well done and congratulations!! xx

Wow congrats! My little man is 8 weeks old on Wed and he doesn't even weigh 10lb yet!

Well done you! xx

how did i miss this?!?! he's huge!!!!!!!!! and beautiful!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->