john Lewis advert

Not bad but not the best. For me they've all been a let down since the one where the little boy gives his parents the present

Saw the advert, I liked it but didn't love it, think previous years have been much better, still a nice sentiment though.

It just made me sad, and not happy/sad like the little boy with the present or the bear in the cave.
The poor man has spent his ENTIRE life on his own presumably, or even maybe had a wife and now she's gone and he just sits there on the moon everyday. The little girl gives him a telescope(!) so he can just sit there and watch everyone else have fun and spend time with their loved ones. He can't join in, he can't communicate, all he can do is peer through that telescope. Then when he puts it away he's just as alone as he's ever been, and he's reminded that he'll spend the rest of his days that way.

She could've sent him a smartphone, so they could talk.
She could've sent him a pen and paper.
She could've sent him a bloody parachute or even a glider!
But no, she sent him a telescope so he can stare at her and cry. Merry Christmas :wacko:

This rather made me laugh...
https://www.theguardian.com/media/t...ohn-lewis-christmas-advert-who-is-moon-hitler

It just made me sad, and not happy/sad like the little boy with the present or the bear in the cave.
The poor man has spent his ENTIRE life on his own presumably, or even maybe had a wife and now she's gone and he just sits there on the moon everyday. The little girl gives him a telescope(!) so he can just sit there and watch everyone else have fun and spend time with their loved ones. He can't join in, he can't communicate, all he can do is peer through that telescope. Then when he puts it away he's just as alone as he's ever been, and he's reminded that he'll spend the rest of his days that way.

She could've sent him a smartphone, so they could talk.
She could've sent him a pen and paper.
She could've sent him a bloody parachute or even a glider!
But no, she sent him a telescope so he can stare at her and cry. Merry Christmas :wacko:

Exactly. Could've got a 2 year warranty on an iPad in JL but no, a bloody telescope :rofl:

I love it, it's my favourite so far.

This rather made me laugh...
https://www.theguardian.com/media/t...ohn-lewis-christmas-advert-who-is-moon-hitler

Just laughed out loud reading this! My mums convinced the old man is her grandad and hes watching his family at the end, Im convinced shes sniffed too much moon dust 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->