Joints popping out and spd :/! HELP

charlottelucy

Reaction score
So here is the story, I have hyper-mobility syndrome and have spd. My knee joints and hips keep popping out and it hurts so much. I can't sleep for more than hour without having to turn and walking is now getting beyond a joke.
I knw you get pains and stuff during pregnancy but I just can't cope atm with this because its stopping me from doing so much. I sometimes nearly scream in pain with my pelvis and hips.
I have my consultant next week, and he knws i have these problems but I've never really mentioned about my joints popping out and how much pain i really have as I feel like he might think I'm just moaning :/.
Family and friend are now telling me I need to mention it due to the fact and my joints are popping out and my ability to walk is getting bad. They are telling me that i might have to induced at 38 weeks or have c-section but obv i don't want to have these so do you think I should mention it to my consultant next week?

:(

I have bad SPD and have been begging my consultant for an induction date because I can not cope and can't see myself coping til the end,I'm getting quite depressed about and terrified it could lead to post-natal depression! But she has said no it's not a good enough reason,don't think she realises how bad it is,I'm so big now that I'm uncomfortable if I lay or sit or stand which makes me move which hurts so much I cry,even turning clicked my pelvis and hurt!
I would mention it he might send you to physio first or give you pain killers but don't suffer in silence as some consultants are sympathic (unlike mine) and will induce!

I'm getting scared as I did my birth plan today and consultant likes to leave you 13 days after your due date to give nature a chance so I could be in pain 5 more weeks (don't think someone up there likes me)

Good luck x

I'm still waiting on my physio appointment :/ and pain killers are doing nothing. I guess I could see what he says next week. Just scared that he will say that I'm not suffering and being a hypercondriac.

Your consultant sounds mean :(, hope you get sorted soon hun!
xx

Hiya, I have HMS too but so far (touch wood!) i haven't been suffering much, in fact apart from my fingers my other joints have been dislocating less often! I went for phsio as I have SPD and my hip dislocated and I couldn't pop it back properly myself and it was the best thing I could've done! She taught me ways to sleep to minimize the risk of dislocations in my sleep, I've only had two night time dislocations since i was 16 weeks!! I have a support band to wear and anti inflammatories to help me get my hips back in place at home. Do you go for physio for your HMS normally? The exercises I've been taught for during pregnancy are quite different to what I'd normally do. I'd recommend going for physio if you're not already. Also swimming, I find it really good for easing my joints. I'd definitely mention it to your consultant, I'm not under consultant care but my midwife and the physio told me I'm not more likely to have a c-section due to HMS but they will adapt my birth plan to minimize joint stress and I'm going for a physio session where I'll be shown good labor positions for me.
I hope you feel better soon, and sorry for the essay!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->